bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

zoo....u like vandy at all?

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    oh i didnt say they were easy money.....but zoo is a good capper and i trust hes looked this one over...im just not scared by the line dropping to 1.5 now....cause memphis moved up to 2.5 by gametime.....

when looking at these games i think three things.....is one team clearly the better team? if this was on a neutral court who wins ....do i think one teams wins a large percentage of the time if they played 10 times? and does the home team have a homecourt advantage that is a legitmate edge?

when looking at this ....the only flag raised here is denver having a good homecourt....but im willing to take the chance and make the play....

zoo also had wich state -2 sunday vs unlv.....which was different....when looking at that game...im not sure which team is actually better....especially on a neutral court....and wich st has a little homecourt edge to em.....so it was a solid play....and they blew unlv off the court
    Why would you factor in who would win on a neutral court? This game isnt on a neutral court and Denver has a HUGE homecourt advantage.....

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by +Even View Post
    Why would you factor in who would win on a neutral court? This game isnt on a neutral court and Denver has a HUGE homecourt advantage.....
    id factor that in games like baylor/northwestern....memphis/miami...neither miami or northwestern have huge homecourt advantages and memphis and baylor are clearly the better teams who would win a large percentage of the time on a neutral court

this game doesnt exactly fall under the same lines....as denver does have a homecourt advantage that means something.....

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i cant help but laugh when someone gives "capping" reasons as to why they go with a pick. vegas might not care about getting it exactly right with the openers, but they do a hell of alot more than anyone in players talk. on top of that, all the guys that do move the lines on a consistent basis have all the data. and you think by looking at a game for 5mins, 1hr, or whatever is giving you a realistic edge in the game????

i laugh even harder when someone asks someone else why they are picking team a over team b when it involves "capping"

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by +Even View Post
    It doesn't make sense to you to evaluate which team is better 1st on a neutral and then adjust for a huge homecourt? Seems to me that is the ONLY logical way to do derive any given pointspread.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

zoo....u like vandy at all?
    I skimmed it but didn't analyze the game enough to say.....

They havent really made a good impression on me the games I've watched they don't seem to be conditioned to well as the few games I saw they were completely out of gas n had no legs coming down the stretch

If u missed it I posted Colo st + 22

bobby heenan
    Update your status

goin back to the well on colorado st?.....had them catchin a few on a saturday bout a week and a half ago right? against northern iowa?

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

How can trust Iona in this spot? The play street ball and I don't think Denver will roll out the jungle gym here

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i cant help but laugh when someone gives "capping" reasons as to why they go with a pick. vegas might not care about getting it exactly right with the openers, but they do a hell of alot more than anyone in players talk. on top of that, all the guys that do move the lines on a consistent basis have all the data. and you think by looking at a game for 5mins, 1hr, or whatever is giving you a realistic edge in the game????

i laugh even harder when someone asks someone else why they are picking team a over team b when it involves "capping"
    Yet guys who make line movement or RLM plays are often ostracized here -- go figure.

zoo youk

dont go against zoo

again....same guys talking about denvers homecourt were talking about how u hammer unranked home faves against ranked road dogs.....baylor blew northwestern out of the gym...memphis took a little longer but they did the same......i hope this line keeps moving and iona is getting 1.5 by game time...wont scare me off one bit....
    hey bro..just remember..as much as I'd like to, I'm not going to hit 100% every night....but that said..i still feel pretty damn confident in this play.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I like Denver but my plays went 0-2 last night while my leans hit at like 80%.

After I post my leans I should just remove the games I am most confident about. Those are the ones that typically lose while the others are easy winners.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

oh i didnt say they were easy money.....but zoo is a good capper and i trust hes looked this one over...im just not scared by the line dropping to 1.5 now....cause memphis moved up to 2.5 by gametime.....
    Memphis opened at +3 and immediately got hammered down to +1.5. It never reached 3 again. People who assumed it opened at +1.5 were mistaken. There was never an indication that Miami was the play.

when looking at this ....the only flag raised here is denver having a good homecourt....but im willing to take the chance and make the play....
    I don't agree with this. Denver is a pretty solid team. They may not be "better" than Iona, but we're not talking about who's going to win a series here.

Iona is playing their third true road game since last Friday, and now they're going into the high altitude to take on a team that will drag them into the gutter and slow their roll. I personally think this is a terrific spot for Denver, but that's just me.

zoo youk

goin back to the well on colorado st?.....had them catchin a few on a saturday bout a week and a half ago right? against northern iowa?
    yes..i think that game will help them tremendously at Duke...if you remember they came close to getting blown out in the first half but made a huge run in the second half to lose by like 5 or 7 or so.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I agree with your points No Coin. I like Iona but this is a tough spot for them on the road against a decent Denver team.

Denver may not cover but I feel like it's he right play.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Memphis opened at +3 and immediately got hammered down to +1.5. It never reached 3 again. People who assumed it opened at +1.5 were mistaken. There was never an indication that Miami was the play.

I don't agree with this. Denver is a pretty solid team. They may not be "better" than Iona, but we're not talking about who's going to win a series here.

Iona is playing their third true road game since last Friday, and now they're going into the high altitude to take on a team that will drag them into the gutter and slow their roll. I personally think this is a terrific spot for Denver, but that's just me.
    well you may be right about denver being the play....but there were plenty of people talking about miami being the play because of RLM

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

well you may be right about denver being the play....but there were plenty of people talking about miami being the play because of RLM
    There was no RLM as far as I'm concerned. People may point out the spread increase and ML increase, but again, it opened at +3 and never went there again.

Had Miami gone back to 3 or even more importantly reached 3.5, I would have been on board. But as it stood, I didn't see it personally.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    There was no RLM as far as I'm concerned. People may point out the spread increase and ML increase, but again, it opened at +3 and never went there again.

Had Miami gone back to 3 or even more importantly reached 3.5, I would have been on board. But as it stood, I didn't see it personally.
    the line dropped from 3 to 1.5...with the larger percentage on memphis...doesnt that classify here as RLM??? i dunno...just what i was reading from a few posters on here in the afternoon

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

the line dropped from 3 to 1.5...with the larger percentage on memphis...doesnt that classify here as RLM??? i dunno...just what i was reading from a few posters on here in the afternoon
    Memphis opened at +3 and dropped to +1.5, then gradually worked its way back up to a 2.5 close. In other words, sharp early money hammered Memphis, not Miami. The fact that Miami closed as a single-possession home fave, to me, trumped the "unranked home fave" angle -- or at the very least neutralized it.

jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

these times of arguments always make me laugh... this game is probably going to come down to the last 10 minutes, the difference between a couple of shots will probably decide it... unless someone wins by 30, the case can be made for either team as of this point.

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was leaning Denver in this game....but really dont see enough value here to bet either side.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyeatworld View Post
    these times of arguments always make me laugh... this game is probably going to come down to the last 10 minutes, the difference between a couple of shots will probably decide it... unless someone wins by 30, the case can be made for either team as of this point.
    you might be right....were probably crazy for arguing about this...but im keeping myself entertained and thinking....always tryna get better

MK2004
    MK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2228

This game remind me of Memphis and Miami, where Miami was the favorited. Iona avg. 92 points and Denver avg. 64, but they have a good denfese. In this case I think Iona will win, because on a good game Denver offense is limited to 64 points per game and it won't matter if Iona defense is allowing 77.8 points per game, because Denver can't score very well.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Denver is going to put them to sleep with the half court boring offense. Denver wins this comfortable imo

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

although i will say, im not betting this game...1 thing i dont do is bet on a game that involves a MAAC team. shadiest fukkin basketball conference there ever was.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Team like Iona is better suited for fast pace seeing how small they are.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Im not reading any of this but I hope people aren't comparing IONA to St.Marys because thats a bad platform to compare

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

This game is really easy to cap....Lang is on Denver!!!

Let's go Iona!!

cohbull
    cohbull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

now Denver +3.5??

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Not touching this one.

Line's moving back up, play's going to get Langed and the public actually likes Denver.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

I personally wouldnt go against Denver at home. Especially against Iona. Leaving this alone. I been laying low so far this year. Only hit on a few games so far but I've been on point.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    although i will say, im not betting this game...1 thing i dont do is bet on a game that involves a MAAC team. shadiest fukkin basketball conference there ever was.
    Agree 200%.

Just watch the season unfold if you don't believe RR.

zoo youk

the MAAC conference is really down this year besides Iona and Loyola Maryland....the rest of the teams might not even win 18 games....Manhattan has a shot...they have come out of nowhere and are playing well.

I live close in the area so I follow the MAAC.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

59% of the spread bets are on Iona.

61% of the moneyline bets are on Denver.

Total is dead-even.

I'm going with the team that will control the pace and hits 83% of their free throws.

zoo youk

Buffalo 2nd half -1

zoo youk

Ugh duke covers by 1

Need Iona for a winning night

First 1234 Last