4-1-1 80.00% +2.90 units

Favorites
    4-1-1 80.00% +2.90 units

The Contrarian

Pair of 5s Sir
    Pair of 5s Sir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4231

Contrarian Radar

The radar is turned to the on position early on Sunday morning. Yesterday was a long day with tons of games to cap. To coin a baseball phrase, we hit for the cycle yesterday with a win, a loss, and a push.

After capping today's card we put Rhode Island on the contrarian menu for a late lunch at 2:00 PM. I will be monitoring until gametime to see if contrarian indicators remain present.

It was great hearing from you fellas out there. I want to shout out to Blazer for his tireless support of The Contrarian.

Beware O Contrare

Pair of 5s Sir

Middle Play

Did you guys see the huge middle play on the Richmond/St. Louis game. I am not sure what to make of it? Your thoughts.

The Contrarian

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Lets see what they have in store for all of us today Pair. I support trends and numbers....factoring in team play, roster, injuries and records. I don't go with my gut feeling or emotions. Strictly by the numbers and factors. They are not always right. As nothing goes to plan. For a rag to happen or a number to hold....players have to make the play....scoring or catching. One miss shot or make at the end can ruin or break the line. Good example is yesterday's Ind St game.....what if that last shot was a 3 instead of a 2 by St. The line will hold. My philosphy is that when I bet a game....I have a a 50/50 chance of winning it. Now if I know the trends and numbers factoring in the team (everything that is revelant)...that increases my chances of 50 percent to 60 or 70. Mathtimatical terms.....I'll take that cause I have a better chance of winning then at 50/50. Gambling is all about numbers and probablities. If you bet 10 games individually and win 6 out of 10. Then you would have come out on top. And that's all you can ask for. In business...if you get a 5 to 10 percent profit for the quarter....then that's a very productive earning. Same thing applies to gambling.

So.....I support your numbers, Pair. We may not win all the time. But if we win more than we loose then that's all we can ask for. Everything is about gambling.....numbers. Should I buy this one or that one. Should I ask for directions or not. Should I get gas here or another place????? Go by the numbers and not your heart or gut feeling. Everything is 50/50.

Blazermaniac

Richmond/St. Louis.....will look into that.

Pair of 5s Sir

Contrarian Radar II

Add Toledo to the radar screen due to line confirmation starting to form. At this point the radar bleeps with Rhode Island and Toledo.

Stay threaded.

The Contrarian

Pair of 5s Sir

Selection

I went to the window early and took Rhode Island. The line has been flickering, with contrarian line and indicators in place.

Rhode Island -5.5 risking 1.10 to win 1.00

The Contrarian

Blazermaniac

Rhode Island -5.5. I'll wait til close to game time and see the line before jumping in.

Pair of 5s Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Blazermaniac View Post
    Rhode Island -5.5. I'll wait til close to game time and see the line before jumping in.
    you can get it at 5 now on some books.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two key injuries for URI - Keith Cothran their sec leading scorer at 14.3 missed last game and will probably be out

Delroy James their 4th leading scorer at 9.8 and sec leading rebounder at 6.2 missed last game and is questionable but more likely to play than Cothran.

This being said i still like them but wouldn't go big on it

Blazermaniac

Pair....will need you to be my ear and eye.....who's got all in the money in the Lou/Syr game and Min/Indiana??? Sites are down and I got to take off now.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by Blazermaniac View Post
    Pair....will need you to be my ear and eye.....who's got all in the money in the Lou/Syr game and Min/Indiana??? Sites are down and I got to take off now.

Minny now -9 so I'd think the money is on them...Lou now -1 so I'd think the same for them...wonder if Syracuse fits the model here

Pair of 5s Sir

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    Two key injuries for URI - Keith Cothran their sec leading scorer at 14.3 missed last game and will probably be out

Delroy James their 4th leading scorer at 9.8 and sec leading rebounder at 6.2 missed last game and is questionable but more likely to play than Cothran.

This being said i still like them but wouldn't go big on it
    WestP, the injury info that you mentioned was released at what time or has it been out.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by Pair of 5s Sir View Post
    WestP, the injury info that you mentioned was released at what time or has it been out.
    It's out...which may account for the low number on the game

WASHINGTON — Kahiem Seawright emerged from the locker room after another difficult loss and then, after only a few steps, leaned back against a wall. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he listened to a question about whether he could make sense of what is happening to this URI basketball team.
    “Nah,” he said softly.
    He paused to gather himself before going on.
    “We’re all right,” he said quietly. “We’ve got to keep working. There’s nothing else we can do. We’re not going to quit. We’ve got to keep working.”
    He tried to put the frustration built by a half-dozen close losses in the last month into perspective.
    “I have to take from my experiences in life. I’ve been through a lot in my life, and you have no choice but to keep fighting,” he said. “You have to be tough-minded.”
    Seawright’s mother died last year. He is working to keep his family together even though they are on Long Island, 150 miles away from where he is going to college. He has other concerns. But basketball is where he gets his passion. He vowed that he and his teammates will be back.
    The Rams did not have much time to think about their narrow loss in Richmond. They came home, attended class, then headed south again. They return to action today at 2 when they visit George Washington at the Smith Center.
    The half-dozen close losses are not URI’s only problem. After being healthy all season, the Rams are now being hit by the injury bug. Keith Cothran and Delroy James missed the Richmond game Wednesday, but felt they would be back today. That might not happen. Coach Jim Baron reported that Cothran, who has a knee problem, is unlikely to play.
    “He hasn’t been able to practice at all,” Baron said.
    James is questionable.
    “He’s done some light practicing. We’ll have to see with him,” Baron said. What’s more, backup point guard Stevie Mejia injured a knee in practice Friday and also is questionable. If Cothran does not play, it is likely Lamonte Ulmer will start in his place, as he did at Richmond.

WestsidePete

If Lamonte Ulmer does start he's pretty good...20 min a game 7.4 pts....5.4 boards and shoots 50%

Pair of 5s Sir

Selection II

Toledo is lined up to cover this afternoon with contrarian indicators in place along with line confirmation. Go to the window and get the Mudhens. You know, we got Sgt. Klinger on our side.

Toledo +5 risking 1.10 to win 1.0

The Contrarian

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baron's kid also plays for RI---and has been bothered by a wrist issue. He is a 45% shooter from 3---but last game---with the dinged wrist---shot something like 2-3 for 9.

I am NOT NOT...trying to talk anyone out of anything, just passing it along.

I was actually leaning RI myself, but passed.

Best of luck to you guys.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Baron's kid also plays for RI---and has been bothered by a wrist issue. He is a 45% shooter from 3---but last game---with the dinged wrist---shot something like 2-3 for 9.

I am NOT NOT...trying to talk anyone out of anything, just passing it along.

I was actually leaning RI myself, but passed.

Best of luck to you guys.

Same here...just putting out the info...still took them for a unit but at first glance was going to go much larger then that

Pair of 5s Sir

In their last game against Richmond, 3 point % was good, from the field was good, Richmond just shot the lights out of the ball.

Your thoughts

The Contrarian

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by Pair of 5s Sir View Post
    In their last game against Richmond, 3 point % was good, from the field was good, Richmond just shot the lights out of the ball.

Your thoughts

The Contrarian
    agree, and this may be a good opportunity to get URI at a good number here...I've seen GW play..they are horrible and stupid as well...six players on the court to get a technical to lose their last game at the end to Dayton??

MartinBlank

5's..I agree with you. Richmond shot something like 56%, which is insane.

Like I said, I was leaning RI--until I heard about Baron and their other injuries.

Best of luck to you. I hope you cash it.

Blazermaniac

Site is down...if Min jumped to 9 then I am sure money is on them. Would have love to see the trends to comfirm it. If line is right....would take Hoosiers +9. But what can you do......blindless now.

Pair....will be depending on your picks. Will read up on Toledo and RI....I know that Ball St's leading scorer Newell is out for the season two weeks ago with a key injury.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I just spoke to Pair on the phone. He's going to be out of the house for the afternoon and said the 2 posted plays will more than likely be his only for today.

I didn't get down on these games but good luck to those who did.

MartinBlank

0-2 day for 5's.

He should have shopped that Rhode Island line, it would have helped him.

Best of luck to him.

Pair of 5s Sir

Selection III

Welcome back gentlemen, I have spent the afternoon at a family BBQ. The contrarian plays go 0-2 due to the lack of shopping of the line on Rhode Island. I know some of you got a better number and cashed, congratulations to you.

For the nightcap, the contrarian play goes to Georgia Tech +13. Let's get off the goose egg.

The Contrarian

Pair of 5s Sir

Chase Game

With the last game on the card left for this evening, the chasers will be in gear. Notoriously, contrarian play fair rather well based on my experience in these situations.

Glad to be back from the family events. How was everybody doing?

Let recap the day

Rhode Island -5.5 (L)
    Toledo +5 (L)

RI was a tough one considering the lack of time to effectively shop the line with the family commitments. Okay, I will stop whining. Let's get it back. I hope the 0-2 does not cloud your judgement as to my capping. Gtech will get us back on track.

The Contrarian

Pair of 5s Sir

Rhode Island

Anyone cash on Rhode Island. Please let me know, so I can feel even more terrible.

The Contrarian

themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, I did... Keep up the good work

MartinBlank

Tough day 5's.

That Tech game was goofy too......they lose by 14.

Hang in there. Best of luck tomorrow.

Pair of 5s Sir

It's Official

A rough, cold day in January. Gtech's second half, no show up, stumble led the Contrarian to an Ofer day. Let's recap today's selections:

Rhode Island -5.5 (L)
    Toledo +5 (L)
    Georgia Tech -13 (L)

Overall
    8-5-2 61.54% +2.50 units

Dogs
    4-3-1 57.14% +.70 units

Favorites
    4-2-1 66.67% 1.80 units

RI and Gtech real close, but this ain't hand grenades. Long term return fellas is what you need to rely on. Especially, when you go 0-3 for the near term. The Contrarian will be back tomorrow for another round of B-ball.

The Contrarian