Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love how everyone thinks how a last second shot that sends a game over is a fix. Completely disregarding what has happened the previous 47 minutes. I'm just thinking if a fix was in, the game would have went over a lot sooner.

Casper Vegas is fukkn with your mind bro. Take a break.

And Foye makes $4.25 million/year. But lets not forget the guy that passed him the ball had to be in on the fix also. Al-Farouq AMinu, and he is making about $2.5 million/year.

Whats an o/u fix go for these days Casper?
    Last edited by Cap dat 4ss; 03-17-11 at 04:34 AM.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

If there was a fix for the over, do you really think those involved would wait till .4 seconds left to secure it on an 18 foot jumper that just might not go in? Use your head, that over would have been in the bank long ago.

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Fixing means to be 100 % sure of the end result,how do you consider a shot in the very last second a sure fixed thing? If there is a fix in any sport it is made long before the last minutes.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea, lets pay the career 41% shooter who's played with perennial championship contenders like the t-wolves, wizards and now clippers to anchor a "fix" by hitting a jumper with 0.4 secs
    hes so good that instead of hitting big shots all the time and getting a max contract
    he accepts bribes which magically gives him ability to hit clutch, buzzer beating shots to go over the total .....

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

This is hilarious.

No the game was not fixed. The problem is linesmakers are too good. So the line is always right around the final, leaving room for crazies to be talking about game fixing on the sixers clippers game.

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Another poster made an excellent point. If they are going through the trouble of fixing a game, it is not going to come down to an 18 foot jumper with time expiring to get it there. A fix to the over in this one, and it's over long before the buzzer.

I agree there are fixes. I just dont think a last second jumper fits the plan.

LineKrusher
    LineKrusher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Stop tryin' to pick totals, and you'll be much more prosperous...

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

players wouldn't have a clue how to fix a game and make it look real

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by HotStreak View Post
    Another poster made an excellent point. If they are going through the trouble of fixing a game, it is not going to come down to an 18 foot jumper with time expiring to get it there. A fix to the over in this one, and it's over long before the buzzer.

Exactly, Foye also doesn't even know what the total is.
    Casper, there are fixes all the time, however this time was not one of them.
    Bad beat, shake it off.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Ok, I just want to say that I do believe SOME games past present or future has a fix. THIS PARTICULAR game wasn't. But more importantly, I just want to say, ANYTIME YOU BET, ANY TIME YOU WAGER, it's your job to place your bet at the right book. NOT ALL BOOKS HAVE THE SAME LINES. Worst case you could've pushed if you placed the bet at the book with a more favorable line. It's your job to place the bet at the book with the most favorable line for you. Losing by half a point is nothing new. Sorry for your loss.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Ok, I just want to say that I do believe SOME games past present or future has a fix. THIS PARTICULAR game wasn't. But more importantly, I just want to say, ANYTIME YOU BET, ANY TIME YOU WAGER, it's your job to place your bet at the right book. NOT ALL BOOKS HAVE THE SAME LINES. Worst case you could've pushed if you placed the bet at the book with a more favorable line. It's your job to place the bet at the book with the most favorable line for you. Losing by half a point is nothing new. Sorry for your loss.
    That WAS the best line I got. I am in Vegas and between here and offshore, this was the best line out there.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

if it is fix it should have gone over way way before that . .04.... mark. prolly a very sharp total line and this isnt new on nba. This league makes you earned your bet to win.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Take some time out of your busy, paranoid schedule and look at the last minute of every NBA game. You will notice that in ALL of the games, teams still try to make shots. Once you have did that, come back with a new thread and apologize for making this one...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Fixing totals happens much more often than people think. And is not only overs that are fixed. Unders are fixed too.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    Take some time out of your busy, paranoid schedule and look at the last minute of every NBA game. You will notice that in ALL of the games, teams still try to make shots. Once you have did that, come back with a new thread and apologize for making this one...
    You sir are a MORON..lol. You have NEVER seen a team dribble the ball out the last 10-15 seconds when they are up/down by 10?
    I will wait for an apology from you.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Casperwaits View Post
    You sir are a MORON..lol. You have NEVER seen a team dribble the ball out the last 10-15 seconds when they are up/down by 10?
    I think you need to have did an apology first Casper.

Bradyd

Well, I distinctly remember saying the LAST MINUTE in a game... Because it's impossible to dribble the ball out the last minute. So why would I apologize for something you misread??

Just because you lost, doesn't mean the game is fixed. Stop crying, pull yourself together and realize that the sports market isn't for you. Not only will you save yourself a lot of money and time, but you won't come across as a crybaby who didn't get his way...

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Well, I distinctly remember saying the LAST MINUTE in a game... Because it's impossible to dribble the ball out the last minute. So why would I apologize for something you misread?? Just because you lost, doesn't mean the game is fixed. Stop crying, pull yourself together and realize that the sports market isn't for you. Not only will you save yourself a lot of money and time, but you won't come across as a crybaby who didn't get his way...
    Who ever said they dribbled the ball out the last minute? Are you that dense? Wow.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Well, I distinctly remember saying the LAST MINUTE in a game... Because it's impossible to dribble the ball out the last minute. So why would I apologize for something you misread?? Just because you lost, doesn't mean the game is fixed. Stop crying, pull yourself together and realize that the sports market isn't for you. Not only will you save yourself a lot of money and time, but you won't come across as a crybaby who didn't get his way...
    I know the sports market a hell of a lot better than you.

hoop22
    hoop22's Avatar Become A Pro!

sup dogs

Bradyd

Who ever said they dribbled the ball out the last minute? Are you that dense? Wow.
    Dude, it's not working. You got caught trying to twist my words and you failed! As it's pretty obvious you can't remember what point you were trying to make, I will reiterate mine: There is a lot of shooting going on in the last minute of an NBA game. It's not uncommon to keep taking shots until the last second of play. That's just how the NBA is. There are no conspiracies against your picks, you just lost and are looking for someone or someones to blame. And if you know so much about the sports market, than why haven't you learned which games are "fixed" and how to capitalize on them? Between "fixed games" and word trickery, you seem to be convinced that everyone is out to get you.

Since you have a lot more important things to do, like taking on "fixed games", I will let you and Vegas, players, coaches, or whoever you want to blame go at it.....Take it easy man!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Fixing totals happens much more often than people think. And is not only overs that are fixed. Unders are fixed too.
    Correct again.
    Refs know the totals most of the time.
    Refs start calling ticky tack touch fouls at the start of the fourth quarter.
    Could be ticky tack touch fouls on home team, could be vistiors, could be both teams.
    Call 3 ticky tack fouls in the first 4 minutes on the vistiors, now they only got 3 more before bonus free throws.
    Chances are home team is shooting free throws for the last 5 minutes of the period.
    Shooting free throws + no time running off clock = receipe for over.

That's how you fix a total.

Early, bull shit foul calls that nobody really notices at the start of the last period that really add up at the end.

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

This thread is still going on. lol. Come on guys.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Dude, it's not working. You got caught trying to twist my words and you failed! As it's pretty obvious you can't remember what point you were trying to make, I will reiterate mine: There is a lot of shooting going on in the last minute of an NBA game. It's not uncommon to keep taking shots until the last second of play. That's just how the NBA is. There are no conspiracies against your picks, you just lost and are looking for someone or someones to blame. And if you know so much about the sports market, than why haven't you learned which games are "fixed" and how to capitalize on them? Between "fixed games" and word trickery, you seem to be convinced that everyone is out to get you. Since you have a lot more important things to do, like taking on "fixed games", I will let you and Vegas, players, coaches, or whoever you want to blame go at it.....Take it easy man!
    word trickery..lol? I bet you voted for Obama with that logic. Jeesh.

squid44
    squid44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Quote Originally Posted by HotStreak View Post

also gunna go ahead and agree with this.. if its a true fix, they wont leave this much chance in it. lets get em tonight. bol

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

The game was fixed and everyone waited until less than 1 second to hit a shot that was 50-50 or even 60-40 to make.

C'mon man.

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Here´s another one that looks like the typical over-fix to me...

Last edited by Ibrakadabra; 03-18-11 at 05:39 PM.

First 123