Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

$600 on the Heat +2 @ SA

Risking $660 to win $600 on Miami Heat +2

Tonight Miami goes into SA to play a red hot Spurs team that will be without arguably their best player in Parker. The Heat have not had success at all playing against SA in the past but that obviously was with different teams. Miami really seems to play with more intensity on the road. Lebron and Bosh just don't play at home like they are playing in their house.

Miami's loss last night has no affect on this play. The Spurs don't have perimeter defenders on the wings to control this game. If you think about it, every elite team Miami has lost to has a good defender at the 2 and 3. Orlando with J Rich and Q rich (Van Gundy was very smart for utilizing him yesterday after leaving him on the bench for most of the season), Boston with Ray and Pierce, the Bulls with a combination of Brewer/Bogans at the 2 and Deng at the 3, all of them being very underrated defenders, and the Mavericks with Marion/Stevenson and Butler when he was there. Ginobli and Richard Jefferson are both horrible defenders and they'll both get exposed tonight off the dribble. The Spurs don't have any good 1 on 1 defenders at the g/sf spot outside of george hill, and their team defense is average at best. Some people say "Lebron and Wade need to score 65 combined to win games." You need to understand that when Lebron dishes out 10 assists thats roughly 25 or so points right there. Wade dishing out another 6 assists is another 15 points. That's 40 points just off making plays. It's not about scoring. It's about making plays.

The Spurs bench is solid at home and the majority of the reason they have been so successful. George Hill will be starting tonight and it would not surprise me if Popovich's golden boy is asked to check Wade tonight for periods of the game. Gary Neil, Bonner, Quin, and Mcy D will all get minutes tonight off the bench for the Spurs. I take a look at these guys games and I just don't see ANY explosiveness at all to be able to take advantage of the Heat's weak interior defense. Duncan looks slow and has become mainly a faciliator out of the post, and not really a real threat to score down low anymore, although he's still a great overall player. Blaire has been a beast on the glass lately but he is very undersized tonight. Aside from Gary Neil and maybe Mcdyse or a few shots from Bonner I don't see anyone on the Spurs bench being able to provide any spark in this game. The Heat's bench has been non-existent this season and this will be a game where you see some of these guys step up. I was called delusional for expecting a solid game from Miami's bench but I guess we will see who is right tonight. Mike Miller, Bibby, and whoever else the Phillipino decides to bring in (whether its james jones, joel anthony, eddie house) will all contribute tonight. Overall Miami has been not bad at limiting the 3 point shot over the past couple months aside from yesterday. It was obvious everyone was collapsing on Howard last night and the ball movement let ORL get those wide open 3's. This is a simple adjustment when watching on film and Orlando would have gotten blown out if they let Howard just play 1 on 1. Tonight they will use that strategy against Duncan and Blair and will stay home on SA's perimeter shooters.

Aside from all these points, the Spurs just don't have the speed to keep up with the Miami Heat. They are way too fast on the wings, and in transition. The guys on the Spurs bench are ridiculously slow as well- putting Lebron in for one part, then having the luxury of having Wade on the court against the Spurs BENCH is going to give this team big problems. They really have no solid 1 on 1 defenders outside of George Hill and Tim Duncan.

I have won my last 3 big nba plays, the most recent 2 being the $1000 on the Lakers and the $700 on the mavs. I don't normally lose these big plays so I would honestly be careful if you're taking the spurs tonight.

Good luck to all on their plays

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Good luck, goat. don't think this is the good spot for the heat yet.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I"ll have to disagree with something here... You said its JUST about making plays for WAde and Lebron to dish out assists for others to score.

Now here's the deal: HEat's halfcourt offensive sets don't exist. It's just lebron/wade driving and kicking the ball out, this is not working because the role players aren't getting good enough looks to sink shots. It's not easy for these guys to pick up that assists when not everyone else is playing well.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

That is a gutsy play, considering Miami's record against elite NBA teams. I'm not touching the game, but gl with your bet.

yubarut
    yubarut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

Good luck, like this play a lot. Spurs looked horrible at memphis without parker and think the heat come out hungry.

Goat Milk

their role players are not good but they will be decent tonight. The spurs bench is not good and their defense is not good. We have a classic case here of the most athletic team in the league playing possibly one of the least athletic teams in the league (yes). The Spurs won't win this game Paul.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

That away goat. Just buck the trend because nobody can guard Wade or Lebron.

Goat Milk

Only about two sentences in that entire writeup are about wade and lebron.

lyon804

Yes, but that is your basis for making this play right?

Don't you think Pop will have Jefferson and Ginobli shadowing and harrasing the hell out of Lebron tonite once he is inside the perimiter? If Pop is smart he will force Lebron to be a jump shooting facilitator and take his chances with Wade and the D-league roster.

Goat Milk

Lyon my basis primarily for making this play is that the Heat's combination athleticism and length is going to give the Spurs fits, that includes the players on the Heat's bench who are not very good but they quick (aside from bibby) at a number of positions. Aside from that if you stay home on the Spurs perimeter shooters they are an average team at best. Parker will be missed here tonight with all the havoc he typically creates getting inside the paint.

Also the Spurs just don't have that 1 defender that can come off the bench to limit Wade when George Hill/Ginobli is not on the floor. Last year they had a guy like Keith Bogans they could depend on in these types of games. Asking Ginobli to be any kind of defense stopper is laughable. The Spurs better limit the turnovers tonight. Anyway these are my opinions, do what you wish with them.

lyon804

Goat, I know Ginobli can't stop Lebron or Wade. Nobody can, I get that already. But if you use a combo of Jefferson and Ginbobli to harass Lebron and get the ball out of his hands than you have a good chance of beating the Heat. That was what the Magic did last nite with Q Rich and J Rich. Who on Miami stepped up last nite when Lebron was forced to pass out of a harrasing double team? Obviously Miami's role players will have a chance to have a big game tonite but since when have they been able to be counted on doing so? Did you not notice Lebron only shot the ball 3 times in the 2H last nite? I wonder why? The Magic forced somebody else to beat them and nobody else could hence the 30 something points Miami got on there home floor in the 2H.

dimon
    dimon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Heat will not win this game

jliggett12
    jliggett12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

i agree with the guy that said the heat have no offensive sets. the heat get beat by fundamental teams and thats exactly what SA is.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

GL Goat

Goat Milk

The Magic are one of the best defense teams in the league. You have the best defense player in the world standing in the paint and then Q Rich and J Rich who are both good defenders at their positions. The Spurs have only 1 good perimeter defender and thats George Hill. Orlando won the game last night with ball movement. Everyone knows if you just let Howard play 1 on 1 the magic can't win because they need open 3's to succeed. Last night they played the inside-out perfectly, lots of ball movement, and guys were getting wide open 3s. Duncan or Blaire are certaintly not worthy of being double teamed tonight and without a guard that averages more points in the paint than anyone at his position the Spurs just don't have that many guys that can create their own shots tonight.

Think about this, look how slow the spurs transition defense is. Off the miss you have the most athletic team running hard against possibly one of the slowest overall defensive teams in the league. Yeah I know the spurs can push the ball offensively but defensively they are slow in transition.

we will see it tonight.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The Magic are one of the best defense teams in the league. You have the best defense player in the world standing in the paint and then Q Rich and J Rich who are both good defenders at their positions. The Spurs have only 1 good perimeter defender and thats George Hill. Orlando won the game last night with ball movement. Everyone knows if you just let Howard play 1 on 1 the magic can't win because they need open 3's to succeed. Last night they played the inside-out perfectly, lots of ball movement, and guys were getting wide open 3s. Duncan or Blaire are certaintly not worthy of being double teamed tonight and without a guard that averages more points in the paint than anyone at his position the Spurs just don't have that many guys that can create their own shots tonight.

Think about this, look how slow the spurs transition defense is. Off the miss you have the most athletic team running hard against possibly one of the slowest overall defensive teams in the league. Yeah I know the spurs can push the ball offensively but defensively they are slow in transition.

we will see it tonight.

Solid points goat, gl. But one element to not overlook is coaching and leadership and Miami is beat in both areas severly. You better hope the Heat have a nice lead late in the 4Q because they will not out exectute the Spurs in crunch time. I leaned Spurs but could not pull the trigger with Parker out. I still think Spurs win the game but I do not feel as strongly about them winning as I did because of the unknown with what George Hill may or may not do tonite. I know T.Parker would be licking his chops tonite and would have a field day beating both Miami PG's off the dribble and creating for himself in the paint with no shot blockers around or creating open shots from the perimiter. George Hill has the ability to have a big game tonite because the Heat have no PG but George Hill is a 50/50 player in this game. He might come up big tonite or he might stink it up because this is a big game due to who the matchup/opponent is.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

thank god i bought my tickets for the fade train at the station earlier. HAAAAAAAAA

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Why not just take the moneyline.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Miami will have the eye of the tiger tonight

they are ripped and hungry, should see lots of Free Throws.

Eating Bookies
    Useful idiot
    Eating Bookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant wish you luck goat...ha

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Why not just take the moneyline.
    It could be one of those last seconds winners, it's good insurance if the game is drawn and SanAn hits a jump shot winner or something.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Only about two sentences in that entire writeup are about wade and lebron.
    No most of it is about how the horrible (7th ranked) SA can't guard Lebron and Wade.

Ohh and how SA bench sucks or something, not sure, couldn't get through the whole thing.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Sucker play, wouldn't touch Miami in this spot ever. Anyone who watched them last night knows they still can't execute efficiently, whereas Spurs are the opposite. BOL though.

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wont get my fingers burnt by miami again

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Heat will come out hungry. I don't care how 'demoralized' they may be after last night. This is their bounce back game and if they are any good at all they come out and prove they can beat the team with the best record in the league.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Heat wave mofo!

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

imagine this being a moneyline play on miami if you're playing it... hate this play

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Anybody else like the under?[/COLOR]

burgaweddie
    burgaweddie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Surprise, Parkers playing, you lose

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Heat lose this game.. they will choke

smarmy
    SBR Lurker
    smarmy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 274

On San Antonio tonight.....sorry, but good luck.

Theejamus
    Update your status
    Theejamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

wow heat getting schooled.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

hitting Miami -3 2h here !

HT Score: MIA 50 - SA 62

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$