LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Best Dunk of the Night?

What do you guys think the best dunk of the night was.

Mine was the second Demar Derozan Dunk

When he caught the bounce with one hand pump it and dunked it backwards.

To bad the dunks that take 25 times to do get high scores.

I think each dunk should cost the dunker .25 % per miss. AFTER the score by the judges.

Matt

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

The FT line dunk and Demar's 2nd dunk were the best IMO. Blake actually had the worst "best" dunk of the 4, but the NBA loves him, so he was obviously going to make the finals

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

liked the two dunks by think it was mcgee

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    The FT line dunk and Demar's 2nd dunk were the best IMO. Blake actually had the worst "best" dunk of the 4, but the NBA loves him, so he was obviously going to make the finals
    spot on analysis. blake griffin winning was decided way before the slam dunk contest even started. no wonder he was such a heavy favorite. public favorites almost always win the dunk contest

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Blake was a sure thing to win because of fan voting if he got to the finals. I thought the best dunk was the one with 2 goals.

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I liked the 2 ball/2 basket dunk.

The degree of difficulty and wingspan required to complete it is crazy

isles71
    isles71's Avatar Become A Pro!

I kind of liked the arm through the hoop.

ok now what
    ok now what's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yes. Absolutely. Give it to Blake.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

blake winning this was obvious when he was still in it after the first round.

total rig-job.

of the 8 dunks in the first round, he has 2 of the bottom 3 probably.

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1911

griffin's 360 was my fave

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18837

The best dunk imo was the Mcgee two balls, two goals dunk. The best presentation was Blakes over the car and choir singing I believe I can fly. That was probably the best presentation in dunk contest history even though the dunk was meh.

P25
    P25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 822

DeRozan got robbed...
    Points Awarded:

jays12 gave P25 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lolbear gave P25 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

I was thinking that the only way that a bettor who bet on Blake was going to lose was if he didn't even make it to the finals, because America is in love with Blake (I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, because he does some crazy stuff), so the fan vote was going to Blake for sure, especially because there wasn't another big namer in there.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by P25 View Post
    DeRozan got robbed...
    I agree but with all the hoopla he kind of kicked aside. He did some stuff that was insanely difficult but his presentation lacked compared to the others. The only dunk Blake did that impressed me was the 360 otherwise pretty vanilla stuff. McGee was in a tough spot because he started real strong and lost his momentum a bit. He went to my college and I heard he can get to the top..or near..of the backboard...thought he would do something with that like dunk a 13ft rim or something.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rem sleep View Post
    The best dunk imo was the Mcgee two balls, two goals dunk. The best presentation was Blakes over the car and choir singing I believe I can fly. That was probably the best presentation in dunk contest history even though the dunk was meh.
    best presentation? it was corny.
    its like saying the chick was ugly but she had the best dress.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

i like derozan's 2nd dunk and griffin's 1st dunk

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

Serge Ibaka's. He dunked with his toe only on the tip of the line and both Dr.J and Jordan were above the line and they get 50's and he gets 45? Shame.
    Points Awarded:

jays12 gave GTS925 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Fred Showpan
    Fred Showpan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

griffen's dunks are always authoritative. But the double dunk alone should have won.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

DeRozan. Whoever has the best dunk in the first round should not be left behind.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17864

don't really care for the gimmicks. as a pure dunk i like griffen's first. ibaka's scores were too low considering the scores they were giving. the last round was anti-climatic. nothing special in those two dunks really especially compared to earlier dunks.

jays12
    jays12's Avatar Become A Pro!

DeRozan wasnt done, he had something special saved, i didnt think blakes second dunk was any better than DeRozans first, and shud have a gotten a tie score if not worse.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by rem sleep View Post
    no offense but that was the dumbest thing i've ever seen

i nearly changed the channel

let's go back to the old days of MJ, Nique, Spud, Sky Walker, Vince when it was a ball and a hoop.

and this nonsense about taking as many tries as you can is effin retarded

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Griffin's 360 was my favorite, Derozan deserved more because of his 2nd dunk but that 1st through the legs has been done for years.

yassen28
    yassen28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15848

De Rozan and Ibaka made better dunks today than Griffin.

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Best dunk of the night was my cookie going in the milk

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Quote Originally Posted by newjerseydevils View Post
    spot on analysis. blake griffin winning was decided way before the slam dunk contest even started. no wonder he was such a heavy favorite. public favorites almost always win the dunk contest
    sure seems like it. Copying VC was gay too

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Anyone who thinks this was a decent dunk contest is a fukking moron who doesn't appreciate athletics in sports. You fukks should go watch WWE, you'll love it.

1. DeRozan's second dunk, off the bounce one arm reverse slam on the first try.
    2. Griffin's first dunk, just disgusting power and height.
    3. DeRozan's first dunk, off the arm of the net.
    4. Griffin's double honey dip off the glass.
    5. Free throw dunk, but a big man doing a dunk that has been done over and over again isn't really all that amazing anymore.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

i don't think griffin even had anything to do with the presentation of his last dunk. it was so clearly biased to give him the win, with the jet doing the **'ing (not to mention the kia product placement was pretty blatantly out of place). griffin's not dwight howard...he has no stage presence or real desire to be a gaudy showman like that. it was pretty corny that they had to go out like that.

his effortlessness and power are going to be a dunk contest force to be reckoned with for years to come, especially if he keeps getting a helping hand from the nba, tnt, and the sponsors.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

DeRozan got robbed...
    He should have been in the final. I think he might have won the contest.

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

DeRozan got robbed...
    that was exactly what i was gonna post. it's simple.. i'd give it up for blake's first dunk, it was nice (but prolly only 4th best dunk of the damn round). compare that to derozen's 2nd dunk? a tie at best for blake. then you compare what derozen opens with (baseline between the legs) compared to his stupid windmill??? that was bullsh*t

and i disagree that the presentation was good for the car dunk. it was a lot of buildup that was stupid especially the i believe i can fly thing. i think the presentation is silly and boring and uncreative. backing it up w/ a monster dunk would've made it nice. backing it up with an unimpressive dunk made it 100% worse. i was much more impressed by nate robinson jumping over dwight, and presentation wise i was 500% more impressed by dwight howard's call to the phone booth

NardVa

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Anyone who thinks this was a decent dunk contest is a fukking moron who doesn't appreciate athletics in sports. You fukks should go watch WWE, you'll love it.

1. DeRozan's second dunk, off the bounce one arm reverse slam on the first try.
    2. Griffin's first dunk, just disgusting power and height.
    3. DeRozan's first dunk, off the arm of the net.
    4. Griffin's double honey dip off the glass.
    5. Free throw dunk, but a big man doing a dunk that has been done over and over again isn't really all that amazing anymore.

Griffin's first two dunks were ok. Nothing special. DeRozan's dunks were better than Blake's. The free throw dunk has been done a lot but he was the only one that jumped from the line

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

and i think dunk of the night was the mcgee 2 hooper. his 3 baller was underrated. it wasn't that nice, but the idea of it was outstanding. i applaud all 4 dunkers for one of the best dunk contests round (2nd round was not that great) of all time.

NardVa

Blake had something nasty going on with his second dunk but because he couldn't do it he made a safe dunk to make sure he got to the final round and didn't let the NBA and it's sponsors down.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by lolbear View Post
    and i think dunk of the night was the mcgee 2 hooper. his 3 baller was underrated. it wasn't that nice, but the idea of it was outstanding. i applaud all 4 dunkers for one of the best dunk contests round (2nd round was not that great) of all time.
    The idea of a dunk is one net. Adding props to it doesn't make it any more impressive. I refuse to buy that logic. Sad part is the judges did so we're going to see a lot more stupid shit in the next few years until they outright ban props.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a trampoline dunk on a 23' net with a birthday cake with 7 candles on it for some little black kid's birthday on that night who has cancer.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Does noone realize that Blakes 3rd dunk was off backboard + elbow? Vince just dunked it straight in. That was the best dunk of the evening imo.

The rest of Blakes dunks were a joke though. So where McGees dunks. They were creative sure, but there was nothing special about them. Anyone that can juggle (and be 7ft) can do the 2 ball dunk, just maker sure you catch the alley off the board, the 1st ball he dunks might as well be a lay-up. Same thing for his 3 ball dunk, that looked stupid to me.

Derozen had the 2 best dunk in the 1st round imo. Nothing special about Ibakas 1st ft line, been done a million times, please get over him being 2 millimeters further then Jordan. His 2nd dunk grabbing the toy with his teeth was cute though, certainly better then Blakes 2nd dunk.

12 Last