booboo
    booboo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Can I Do It Plan? $100 to $900,000 in Ten Years

I have started a new blog with the goal as you see above. I will try to post on here from time to time but have problems accessing SBR at work so started a blog to track. I am going to post the entries as I can on here, but they will be sporadic. I will be able to keep the blog more up to date. I am going to post the first two entries.

Entry 1

The Plan

I have seen a plan where if you can make .28% increase on your money daily that in ten years you can turn that $100.00 into $900,000.00. I believe that I can do that online. My goal in this journey will be to do this through sports betting and to have a set amount to make each day of .28%.

Now will I make this every day? No, there will be some losing days and losing months. Hopefully very few and far losing months. The.28% can be made up if unable to make it daily.

This first year should be fairly easy to maneuver the funds. I will just leave them in my account. As time goes on their will be some interesting maneuvers and I will see what I have to do when and if that time comes.

I will be making a play a day, and these plays will be done with the input I get from software, databases, and tipsters. I will choose which one I think is the best one and post it. Some days there may be comments, and other days just the listing of the daily pick will be posted.

Maintaining this blog on a daily basis aids in the focus of this monetary goal. By having to put something on the blog I have a reporting system for the plan.

I will also at times be adding funds to this from other sources. I will have a running count also from time to time on how much I have to go to reach this goal.

Right now this seems very daunting. I am going to give it a shot though.

Come along for the ride!

Entry 2

Play 1

This is my first play for the challenge. It is a totals play between Boston and Portland. The total is set at 183. I believe this is to low. I did a couple of checks. One of my pieces of software that I use has the total at 191.9. I did a count on the past ten games for both of these teams total scores and then did an average. Added together these teams total was at 201. There are some questions on some key players. Paul Pierce for the Celtics and LaMarcus Aldridge for Blazers are both probable for Thursdays game though.

So once again the pick for this game is
    BOSTON/PORTLAND OVER 183

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RichardMoss; 02-07-11 at 07:31 PM. Reason: urls removed

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

yeah. doubling your money everyweek sports betting consistently. easy as pumpkin pie. why didn't someone else think of this???

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can this be done? Yes. RickySteve likely did this (speculation on my part). I know many others who're close. Can you do this? Almost certainly not.

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

glad that there lots of us 4 every RS out there...

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

You didn't say how much you bet on the game?

If I am reading this right, you bet 28 cents??? To make your daily .28% increase? And if you're planning on "making up" a lost days increase of .28%, doesn't that mean the following day you need to double your bets, which...means you're just doing a martingale?

I'm gonna set the over/under at 2 weeks before it fails.

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Why shoot for only $900,000?If you bet .56 cents a day,you could make 1,800,000 in 10 years.Dont sell yourself short kid.Plenty of millionaires on this site started with $100 dollars.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Most sites dont take wagers under a dollar.

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    Can this be done? Yes. RickySteve likely did this (speculation on my part). I know many others who're close. Can you do this? Almost certainly not.
    I thought he said he started with 1k

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by Peeig View Post
    But how much did he lose?

skjjb4
    skjjb4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1070

Can it be done yes, will it probably not. Ten years is a long time to stick with this any plan in this changing world. GL to you. Remember money management is the key to any successful plan.
    Oh yeah --Don't let the doubters get in your head. You will need a strong belief system to pull this off.

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

Quote Originally Posted by skjjb4 View Post
    Can it be done yes, will it probably not. Ten years is a long time to stick with this any plan in this changing world. GL to you. Remember money management is the key to any successful plan.
    Oh yeah --Don't let the doubters get in your head. You will need a strong belief system to pull this off.
    why do you need a strong belief system?

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

what if you die within next ten years?

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peeig View Post
    Math is hard. I just lump everyone together who started with less than my monthly wage as shift manager at KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    But how much did he lose?
    I'm gonna go.... >50m

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yogi staking you? Last I heard he was doing 10-15 for grand larceny. Hope it was a good picnic basket.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Why spend 10 or more years of your life chasing a material goal to improve it, when that material goal might not even happen? I got no idea what is going on in your life, but the time, energy and focus you put in this is a great waste IMO. I think you'll figure out soon enough by yourself anyways.

You could say this is just a side thing to your real life, but you're planning on punching in something every signle day, it's like being possessed by it. Everyone's got their own life to live but in my opinion 10 years for the 900k you want in this manner isn't worth it.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a good goal, and if you stick to it you'll learn plenty of useful things along the way; things that you'll be able to apply in other fields as well. The main reason that sports betting is a grind, compared to investing in stocks and real estate, is that you can't magnify your edge through the simple and powerful principle of buying low and selling high. You also don't get the leverage of real estate (and options), where you only have to put down a small portion of the value, yet get the full profit if that value increases. So sports betting is not the smartest approach to riches, but it is an excellent school, because it teaches you to recognize value accurately and quickly.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    yeah. doubling your money everyweek sports betting consistently. easy as pumpkin pie. why didn't someone else think of this???
    wonder how long it took him to figure that out lol

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

go for it. you got it.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

when I first joined SBR, I thought about posting something exactly like this............then I realized sports betting is ******* HARD. Not to burst your bubble booboo, but you have like a less than 1% chance of reaching your intended goal.

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Why wait 10 yrs?? Go all in on a 30 team parlay!

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

can you? yes.
    Will you? Most likely not

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonQueen View Post
    You didn't say how much you bet on the game? If I am reading this right, you bet 28 cents??? To make your daily .28% increase? And if you're planning on "making up" a lost days increase of .28%, doesn't that mean the following day you need to double your bets, which...means you're just doing a martingale? I'm gonna set the over/under at 2 weeks before it fails.
    He has it as an increase of .28% daily. If he starts with $100 that means he needs to make $0.28 the first day. He can make risk $1 the first day and win triple that. So losing one day will not mean he has to bet double.

Starting with $1000, and using his goal of a .28% increase, he would need to reach $1019.77 by day 7. Losing your first 3 games and putting in $10 a game would give you $1006 on day 7. Short of the goal but better weeks will make up for that in the end. Picking a single game a day makes it a bit better IMO.

Its still will be hard as hell to do but its not impossible. With such a low increase that he is looking for daily, I think he would be better off just playing the best games and not worrying about everyday. If he only finds 3 games in one week that he feels really strong about he would be way ahead of his goal. Betting 1% of his money and getting three wins (no losses) in a week would put him up.. If he does the 2% of his money it should knock a week off his goal.

James

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Where do these clowns come from???

Guy will go broke in no time

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

HA! $100 to $900,000 in ten years? most degen fu(ks can't even go from $100 to $900 in ten years

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Another stupid fukkin thread that will be buried within a week, where the fuk do u find these guys sbr?

Yi
    Yi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

After several years (4+ years), wouldn't the online books cut you off since they can see you're a consistent winner? Even if you can win 0.28% everyday, you will never make it to 10 years before the books cut you off.

booboo
    booboo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Day 2 of 3650

Wow! Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate both the detractors and the supporters. The detractors are challenging me. The supporters are increasing my confidence in this effort, thanks.

I need to respond to a couple of posters. First of all I am not going to doubling everyday. Let me express some fine details. My bank is starting out with $116.00. The goal for the end of the week is $118.05. The monthly goal is $125.34. The end of year one goal is $288.57.

I have a spreadsheet that has been laid out over the next ten years. If you would like to see it please message me and I will tell you how to get it. This spreadsheet comes from an online site of which I am not an affiliate. I think it is only fair that I give them the credit and you can go through them to acquire it.

The biggest problem that I see with this is Discipline. I have lost lots and won some. The times when I win are those in which I have a plan. When I started losing I deviate away from that plan. I will go on tilt and try to win more than I can, pushing more and losing more. Discipline to stick with this plan and follow through will be the major breaking point.

I will be using mostly flat bets here. At times there will be some progressions, not very often. I will write more on this as time goes on. As you can see with the goal amounts this is doable. I will be compounding my flat bet wagers as the bankroll decreases and increases. In this whole process protecting the bankroll is of vital importance. If I start regularly progressions, such as Martingale, then the bankroll has a higher probability of losing.

I will be doing one play a day, choosing the best play, from several different sources. I will be using software, tipsters, sbr forum, and make my decision for the day.

Todays play is with the Orlando at Chicago game.
    Picking
    ORLANDO -1

Good Luck All!

Thanks for reading!

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

I think people are just seeing the "$100 to $900,000" part and deciding it's ridiculous. You've gotta consider how long of a time 10 years is though. Turning a $116 roll into $288 over the course of an entire year isn't anything outlandish.

I have a few questions though: What's the rationale behind limiting yourself to one wager a day? If some day you find two plays that you think are highly misvalued, what is the benefit of letting one of the quality bets go to waste by not taking it? How much are you betting a day at this point? I'm wondering what kind of losing streak would result in you getting cleaned out. Also, I don't understand what you mean when you say that your betting amounts won't be very progressive. It seems like this entire plan is based on adjusting your bets in relation to your bankroll- otherwise you're only making $172 a year. What are you basing your bet progressions on?

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

theres no way you don't do this. you might as well go spend the 900k now.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave B1GER1C828 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    If he doubled his bankroll every week he'd be over 900k in 15 weeks. Basic math isn't that hard.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Yes, if you have a good job and don't gamble, you should get to that goal.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Find 2 locks a year and about 14-15 bets later you are there... Easy game...

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

If I had a dollar for every one of these train wreck threads getting started I would have $900K....for the love of God could someone come up with something new?

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

you should have at least 25k after the 1st year

1234 ... Last