Eskimo
    Eskimo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eskimo's Sports

This will be the thread where I post all my plays from all four major sports.

NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB.

All plays will be posted with a brief summary.

My units range from $10-$100. I'm not Warren Buffet or Steve Jobs and last time I checked money doesn't grow on trees. I have no statistical data to go back on to give to you. I've noticed that there aren't many actual "handicapping" threads on this forum so I thought this would be the right place to post this.

I'll post videos weekly on a look ahead basis of the games coming up. Trying to figure out Windows Video Maker right now...I have a Skype if anyone's interested in talking sports or whatever. The goal is to learn, adapt and succeed. We're all here to make money...whether it's monopoly money, points or yen.

Anyways,

February 1st, 2011:

National Basketball Association:

Boston Celtics @ Sacramento Kings (1st Quarter) Under 49.5 ($20)

The Celtics came off one of their best shooting performances after struggling in the beginning of their road trip. The way they played last night combined with the Kings injuries/lack of defense, the easy play here would be to take the OVER. However, more often than not at home this line has either hit 49 or gone under severely. Sacramento plays at a slow pace, and they'll be relying on Cousins heavily on both ends of the floor tonight with Jason Thompson out due to a sprained ankle.

On the road for Boston their 1Q total hasn't hit over 49.5 yet. Closest it came was against the Phoenix Suns who knows how to put up points. Their past 15-20 games the 1Q total has consistently gone under the total of 49.5. Past 34 games the record is 11 Overs and 23 Unders. I'd keep going but hopefully you got the point.

San Antonio Spurs 1Q -1.5 ($15)

This line is spot on. Either comes down to Spurs winning the Q by 1 or 3. But I like to see the same Spurs when they dominated the Blazers before..playing solid defense and stopping any of the Blazers top scorers from taking over the game. This could also be tagged as merely a fade of the Trailblazers 1Q vs top teams. Looking at the past scores, Portland has started off slow. I was tempted to take the Under for the game, but I'm worried the Spurs go off for 110+ and hit the over almost by them self.

Blazers are 0-5 past 1Q's...even includes games vs Sacramento and New Jersey. Well if you count the Nets game they're 1-6 in their past 7.

No other real leans for any other games...kinda like New Orleans but couldn't pull the trigger.

National Hockey League:

Huge day in the betting world of the NHL. What is there...12 or 13 games? Anyways,

Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning 1P Over 1.5 -125 ($30 wins me $24)

Two teams who are scoring machines.

Chicago Blackhawks @ Columbus Blue Jackets -115 ($25 wins me $21.74)

Both can score and in January did well for the OVER's on 1st Periods.

Florida Panthers @ Toronto Maple Leafs Over 1.5 -115 ($25 wins me $21.74)

Barring that West Coast trip for Toronto, they were either lighting up opponents with 3-4 in the 1st or getting bombarbed with goals aka NY Rangers debacle in the 1st period. Like the over here.

Calgary Flames ML +120 ($15 wins me $18)
    8-2 SU vs Nashville Predators past 10 games.
    65% of the public on the Preds but ML is moving against them.

Washington Capitals ML -170 ($15 wins me $8.82)

Canadiens 4-9 SU last 13 on the road and I like Capitals to get the W at home after a long break and finish strong towards the playoffs.

New York Rangers ML -125 ($10 wins me $8)

Pittsburgh Penguins running out of centres and some of NY Rangers injured forwards are coming back for tonight's game.

"As expected, right wing Ryan Callahan and defenseman Dan Girardi declared themselves ready to return from a broken hand and strained rib cage muscle, respectively, when the Rangers face the Pittsburgh Penguins Tuesday night at the Garden."

Penguins 5 game win streak at MSG will be snapped.

NHL Team Totals:
    Atlanta Thrashers Over 2.5

Islanders letting up quite a few goals on the road

New Jersey Devils Over 2.5

Ditto with the Senators and NJ seemed to have found their stride. Expect 3-4 goals tonight from them.

Vancouver Canucks Over 2.5

Cody Hodgson's first game...I predict he gets a point and the Sedins run the show as usual.

All to win $10 each.

I'll be keeping track of my units and YTD daily. There will be winning days and losing days so if you want to harp on me for not raking in the cash on a daily basis that's fine. Do as you please.

Eskimo
    Eskimo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rarely will I post a NCAA Basketball play until March Madness. If I do...the play usually entails a pretty detailed write-up and I'd only play it if I'm 99.9% convinced it will win.

EDIT: Also, sorry for the typo's above but all 3 hockey plays I posted are ALL 1ST PERIOD OVERS.
    Last edited by Eskimo; 02-01-11 at 04:36 PM.