coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do believe OJ Mayo at all?

OJ Mayo failed a drug test b/c he said he drank an energy drink from a convenience store..

Now, if OJ Mayo can recollect so easily this one trip to the store, he should be able to remember brand of energy drink.

So if they test the energy drink and it does in fact contain DHEA, then he shouldnt be suspended. Otherwise if it doesnt contain anything, then double his suspension..

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Who knows, some energy drinks contain some crazy shit, but he could be BSing...

Jackson Hole
    Jackson Hole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who knows, there is so much crap put into these drinks, and I believe the list of banned substances is long. Is it possibly that he took something unknowingly, yes, but the player needs to be responsible for whatever he puts in his body.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Hole View Post
    Who knows, there is so much crap put into these drinks, and I believe the list of banned substances is long. Is it possibly that he took something unknowingly, yes, but the player needs to be responsible for whatever he puts in his body.
    THIS !!!!!!!

Doc

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who fukkin cares

Let him play, that aint making you better in hoops

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Every energy drink Ive seen at a gas station has taurine and caffeine and a bunch of sugar. Maybe if he said GNC but the Exxon?

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Tis hard to believe.

coloradobuff

he's got no chance to get time reduced..

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

he is a liar no doubt

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

i want me some of that energy drink, did he ever say what brand it was??

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

i dont know but if thats the case he is a a dumb ass

coloradobuff

he never said the name brand of drink.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

most likely lying but the substance he got caught for is not really a huge performance boosting steroid.

maybe he should do more research.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Why the fukk would you juice to play SG? Just eat protein, go to the gym and shoot after practice. It's not the easy way but it's the best.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobuff View Post
    OJ Mayo failed a drug test b/c he said he drank an energy drink from a convenience store..

Now, if OJ Mayo can recollect so easily this one trip to the store, he should be able to remember brand of energy drink.

So if they test the energy drink and it does in fact contain DHEA, then he shouldnt be suspended. Otherwise if it doesnt contain anything, then double his suspension..
    i would think most nba players know exactly wht\at they are putting in there body but again his name is O J,do i need to say more lol

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

oj mayo is a loser

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I'm thinking of taking DHEA...

Effects and uses

Depression

DHEA is a cortisol antagonist. Research studies indicate that DHEA supplementation has an anti-depressant effect and protects from cortisol overconcentration over long time scales. [9] [10] [11]
    Memory

DHEA supplementation has been studied as a treatment for Alzheimer's disease, but was not found to be effective.[12] Some small placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial studies have found long-term supplementation to improve mood and relieve depression[13][14] or to decrease insulin resistance.[15] However, a larger placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial reported in the New England Journal of Medicine in 2006 found that DHEA supplementation in elderly men and women had no beneficial effects on body composition, physical performance, insulin sensitivity, or quality of life.[16]

In contrast to the non-beneficial effects of DHEA on memory in the elderly, a randomised UK study[17] found that a 7-day course of DHEA (150 ** twice daily) improved episodic memory in healthy young men. In this study, DHEA was also shown to improve subjective mood and decrease evening cortisol concentration, which is known to be elevated in depression.[18] The effect of DHEA on memory appeared to be related to an early activation of the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) and it was suggested this was due to neuronal recruitment of the steroid sensitive ACC that may be involved in pre-hippocampal memory processing.

Consistent with this hypothesis are DHEA-S data from several studies of military special operations units. In these studies, warfighters who exhibited higher levels of DHEA and higher DHEA/cortisol ratios during extreme stress were those who also exhibited superior hippocampal and prefrontal dependent cognitive abilities during stress.[19][20]
    [edit] Physical performance

DHEA supplements are sometimes used as muscle-building or performance-enhancing drugs by athletes. However, a randomized placebo-controlled trial found that DHEA supplementation had no (statistically significant) effect on lean body mass, strength, or testosterone levels.[21]
    [edit] Cardiovascular disease and risk of death

A 1986 study found that a higher level of endogenous DHEA, as determined by a single measurement, correlated with a lower risk of death or cardiovascular disease.[22] However, a more recent 2006 study found no correlation between DHEA levels and risk of cardiovascular disease or death in men.[23] A 2007 study found the DHEA restored oxidative balance in diabetic patients, reducing tissue levels of pentosidine—a biomarker for advanced glycation endproducts.[24]
    [edit] Cancer

Some in vitro studies have found DHEA to have both anti-proliferative and yet also apoptotic effect on cancer cell lines.[25][26][27] The clinical significance of these findings, if any, is unknown. Higher levels of DHEA and other endogenous sex hormones are strongly associated with an increased risk of developing breast cancer in both pre- and postmenopausal women.[28][29]
    [edit] Diabetes and carotid atherosclerosis

A 2005 study, measured serum DHEA in 206 men with type-2 diabetes, and found an inverse relationship between serum DHEA and carotid atherosclerosis in men. The authors say the study "supports the notion that DHEA, which is sold in increasing amount as a food supplement, is atheroprotective in humans, and that androgen replacement therapy should be considered for men with hypogonadism."[30]
    [edit] Men over 65

A 2006 study supplemented DHEA to men of average 65 years of age, and found that the men experienced significant increases in testosterone and cGMP (Cyclic guanosine monophosphate), and significant decreases in low-density lipoprotein (LDL). The authors say that the "findings...suggest that chronic DHEA supplementation would exert antiatherogenic effects, particularly in elderly subjects who display low circulating levels of this hormone."[31][32]
    [edit] Longevity

A 2008 study in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, June 2008, measured serum DHEA in 940 men and women ranging from age 21 to 88, following them from 1978 until 2005. The researches found that low levels of DHEA-s showed a significant association with shorter lifespan and that higher DHEA-s levels are a "strong predictor" of longevity in men, even after adjusting for age, blood pressure, and plasma glucose. No relationship was found between serum DHEA and longevity for women during the study period. The study did not find a significant difference in longevity until the 15-year follow-up point, which the researchers note may explain why some past research that followed men for less duration found no relationship.[33]

Milanboy
    Milanboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I don't believe him. I drink energy drinks, but one thing is for certain, I don't just grab the closest ones. Most people have a favorite brand. So the fact that he doesn't know which one it was, is a red flag.

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

He needs to name the drink brand. Other wise he just like every other guilty doper

pm4e
    pm4e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3621

i don't buy the gas station story. it's entirely possible that it was some supplement from gnc, and he had no idea it had dhea in it.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11818

they all use the same excuse. i only took something over the counter

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Watch "bigger faster stronger" and "national geographic: the science behind steroids" and you will realize that probably 95%+ of NFL players and 50%+ of NBA players are on something. It's just so effective that you cant pass on it.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

this time OJ is guilty

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

no name brand.? just go back to the exxon. and get the reciept for the day you bought it. exxon convenince stores. they have computers that keep track of the SCORE, and purchases and shooting %'s.

we can go back a fullyear and tell you what u purchased presicely. (not exxon).

oj farted some bad gas.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

He probably got the tip from Alberto Contador who tried to say he popped positive from tainted "meat"....athletes must think the general public are a bunch of knobs to believe that stuff.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

he knew exactly wat he was taking

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Energy drink and a blunt is more like it! Let the dude freak'in play, you can buy DHEA supplements anywhere! NBA substance testing is a joke!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Guy was shooting roids in his ass and blames it on energy drink. Lame.

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

liar and a cheat always has been

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Total B.S. if you ask me..One energy drink would not make you test positive for anything. He would have had to pound like 30 of them to raise body levels of roids. Since he is a liar, would make him drink 50 energy drinks in 5 hours and see what happens

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's just worried Tony Allen is going to beat that ass again.

HiTMaNN
    HiTMaNN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Maybe he drank some of this here Powerthirst?

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

wut i had ment to say wuz i had sum purple drank that the team doc had had given to me foe my so throat

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

DHEA is nothing. I was shocked it was on the NBA's banned list.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

No and the reason being no other NBA player failed a drug test because of a drink they got from a convenience store.

12 Last