dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Why wouldn't you take the Dallas ML tomorrow?

Dallas is a good back to back team. All the "travel" they had to do was to walk across the street to their hotel. Team-wise they are arguably as good as the Lakers. Great road team.

And most of all, the money line, judging by the spreads currently, will be at +250 to +300 ish range.

Anyone else think a small play on Dallas here is a no brainer???

Shh....... don't tell the public, let them all take the Lakers so we can get the Dallas ML at an even better value.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Dallas is +240. Just load up on the +6.5

vinny808
    vinny808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1243

The Lakers are too focused to lose. The Lakers are the better team, the more rested team, and the home team. They will win straight up. Mavs will put up a fight however.

degenerate bum
    degenerate bum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Like Dallas on the moneyline, but love it @ 6.5.

dwluv3333

IMO Lakers can't possibly go the rest of the season with just 1 loss. Tomorrow is a game that could possibly be one where the Lakers are due for a loss.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dwluv3333 View Post
    IMO Lakers can't possibly go the rest of the season with just 1 loss. Tomorrow is a game that could possibly be one where the Lakers are due for a loss.
    The "due for the loss" theory will deplete your money quickly. They can win every game for the rest of the season, it can happen. I dont think you should use that theory to cap the game tomorrow. Dallas might win who knows but the lakeres are rested, bynum is back and there going to play their hearts out. I think the lakers will probably win but i think the mavs could cover as of now. But i wouldnt use that due to lose theory for your reason to take dallas thats for sure.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

If they give Dallas +6 or +7 I'd take it, but anything under that I'd expect the Lakers to cover.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    If they give Dallas +6 or +7 I'd take it, but anything under that I'd expect the Lakers to cover.
    The lines are out already dallas is +6.5

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

The question is why wouldn't u take mavs ML? Answer is because u can get them with 7 points at some places!

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas is a good back to back team. All the "travel" they had to do was to walk across the street to their hotel. Team-wise they are arguably as good as the Lakers. Great road team.

And most of all, the money line, judging by the spreads currently, will be at +250 to +300 ish range.

Anyone else think a small play on Dallas here is a no brainer???

Shh....... don't tell the public, let them all take the Lakers so we can get the Dallas ML at an even better value.
    as good as the lakers? get lost. Dallas a no brainer at staples?I dont care even if they win. It's a stupid bet.

madrabbit

oh and lakers are 15-1 since the all star break. Yeah, dallas is a no brainer

dude_bg
    dude_bg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    The question is why wouldn't u take mavs ML? Answer is because u can get them with 7 points at some places!
    +7 ? wow, i will wait for this and tease it to 10

dwluv3333

Nah, I'm not saying we should bet on Dallas just because Lakers are "due" for a win.

But honestly I believe this game is a 50/50 shot for either team to win. I can't think of any matchups or factors that would truly make me favor one team over the other (other than Lakers slight HCA). But Mavs have ~2.5:1 MLodds or spread if desired, so IMO getting 2.5:1 for a game that seems 50/50 to me seems worth a small risk.

Lakers being a 6 point favorite at home means what, that the Lakers are -2 faves if they're in Dallas' home court? That seems a little generous to me and so does the money line. Yesterday's Rockets @ Nets game was -6.5 pt favorites for Rockets. I do not see this game as being similarly one-sided.

madrabbit

just because theyre -6 at home doesnt mean theyre -2 away. Stupid way to look at it. And youre comparing to what they would be on the road to a home game? Pathetic analysis.

dwluv3333

Quote Originally Posted by madrabbit View Post
    as good as the lakers? get lost. Dallas a no brainer at staples?I dont care even if they win. It's a stupid bet.
    So basically you're saying that the idea that any team could beat the Lakers in staples from here on is a "stupid bet?" Cuz Lakers are unbeatable at home? There's no such thing as an absolute lock in the NBA.

All I'm saying is that of all the teams right now that could beat the Lakers, Mavs are definitely one of them. And +250 or whatever is a good value for the risk, NOT saying Mavs are a no brainer to win. It's not like we are taking Cleveland +4000 who has barely a slither of a chance to win.
    Last edited by dwluv3333; 03-31-11 at 04:32 AM.

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I don't see an enormous amount of value on the ML for the Mavs

madrabbit

Why do people have to write a ten page story full of bullshit just to satisfy your needs? Why don't you just ask me to agree with you if that's what you want. Where's your in depth analysis and stats to suggest why Dallas will win? Why would they beat a team who has lost 1 in the last 16, who's playing at home, who are the reigning back to back champions and are playing the best ball atm looking to get home court in the west or at least the number 2 seed? Why wouldn't the lakers win after they beat them in Dallas a few weeks ago?

Here's one reason why the Lakers will win. Kobe.

madrabbit

So basically you're saying that the idea that any team could beat the Lakers in staples from here on is a "stupid bet?" Cuz Lakers are unbeatable at home? There's no such thing as an absolute lock in the NBA.

All I'm saying is that of all the teams right now that could beat the Lakers, Mavs are definitely one of them. And +250 or whatever is a good value for the risk, NOT saying Mavs are a no brainer to win. It's not like we are taking Cleveland +4000 who has barely a slither of a chance to win.
    Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say they're unbeatable, but tbh the form theyre in atm they almost are at STAPLES. I'm not saying that. I'm saying it's stupid to beat against lakers at home. Pretty much away atm also. I never said it was an absolite lock so again stop putting words in my mouth. Beating Dallas is far from a lock.

Once again how the hell is dallas a no brainer. You mention analysis well where's yours. You talk nonsense. Dallas a no brainer vs a team who is 15-1 since the all star break

dwluv3333

Read the god damn English madrabbit. I never guaranteed a victory for the Mavs. Do you not understand that all i'm trying to say is that IN MY OPINION Mavs odds of winning are worth more than 2.5 to 1 here? Go wager what you want. Just don't go around blasting others and saying that a certain pick is a "stupid bet" when it's clearly two championship contenders going at it. You know very well that a lot of much stranger shit has happened in the NBA.

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

It's tempting, I think the Lakers take it though in a close one.

LT Profits

Yeah, it is real stupid to take a team that is 27-5 straight up on the road with its star players in the lineup.

Some people never learn.

That said, I am not on the ML myself, but I wouldn't criticize anyone that does bet it, That play is far from ludicrous.

Now put down that Lakers/Kobe Kool Aid, this game will go down to the wire.

LT Profits

Why do people have to write a ten page story full of bullshit just to satisfy your needs? Why don't you just ask me to agree with you if that's what you want. Where's your in depth analysis and stats to suggest why Dallas will win? Why would they beat a team who has lost 1 in the last 16, who's playing at home, who are the reigning back to back champions and are playing the best ball atm looking to get home court in the west or at least the number 2 seed? Why wouldn't the lakers win after they beat them in Dallas a few weeks ago?

Here's one reason why the Lakers will win. Kobe.
    27-5 on the road and 51-13 overall with Kirk is a more compelling argument than "Kobe". Yes, the Lakers have one loss since the ASB, but the Mavs have payed at that high level consistently all year. It seems you have an LA bias, because it is obvious to me that the Mavericks are indeed almost as good as the Lakers and both of these teams are better than the Spurs.
    Points Awarded:

himeshforex gave LT Profits 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    27-5 on the road and 51-13 overall with Kirk is a more compelling argument than "Kobe". Yes, the Lakers have one loss since the ASB, but the Mavs have payed at that high level consistently all year. It seems you have an LA bias, because it is obvious to me that the Mavericks are indeed almost as good as the Lakers and both of these teams are better than the Spurs.

Nicely put LT

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

With a dog moneyline u dont expect to win evertime. You just need to win enough times to make money in the long term. This might be a spot where the ml should be +200 but ur getting an extra 40 cents! If u bet this bet every situation u would win money long term.

Its up to u to decide if the ml should really be 200. Thats where the value lies

madrabbit

Yeah, it is real stupid to take a team that is 27-5 straight up on the road with its star players in the lineup.

Some people never learn.

That said, I am not on the ML myself, but I wouldn't criticize anyone that does bet it, That play is far from ludicrous.

Now put down that Lakers/Kobe Kool Aid, this game will go down to the wire.
    You're right. Some people never learn

madrabbit

Yeah it's obvious theyre indeed almost betterLA bias? yeah being biased towards the reigning back to back champs who are now 16-1 since the all star break Yeah lakers are just kobe

you were wrong. Eat your words.

Hanlidin
    Hanlidin's Avatar Become A Pro!

why isn't anyone on Dallas ML coming back here?? LOLL

Hanlidin
    Hanlidin's Avatar Become A Pro!

being 27-5 Straight means JACK SH1T, were those 32 games against KOBE at staples?? lol loved it how people like to use trends and shit like this to "prove" something...... dallas can be 32-0 Straight up in their last 32 games, and still get crushed by the Lakers, why? maybe because those 32 games wasn't VS the lakers IN STAPLES...

"SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER LEARN"
    ROFL

madrabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlidin View Post
    being 27-5 Straight means JACK SH1T, were those 32 games against KOBE at staples?? lol loved it how people like to use trends and shit like this to "prove" something...... dallas can be 32-0 Straight up in their last 32 games, and still get crushed by the Lakers, why? maybe because those 32 games wasn't VS the lakers IN STAPLES...

"SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER LEARN"
    ROFL
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!