A lot of RLM in the nba today

miami down11 to 9.5
    chicago down 10 to 8.5
    thunder 1 to 2 to 1
    atlanta down 6 to 5

be careful today

Mattn3236
    Mattn3236's Avatar Become A Pro!

Means nothing take the team you think is going to cover. Throw all the other crap out the window. Line movement is smoke and mirrors. I do not care how you bet or anybody else. All I care about is how I end up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most of time line movement does not mean much because if it did no one would work

Sometimes injuries sway line or rumours

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Line movement means a lot...you bet with it, IMO you'll win more than you will lose.

JoMoney2785
    JoMoney2785's Avatar Become A Pro!

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago Most Likely down because Bargnani is playing tonight. That should move a line 2 points or more.

themoneyshot978
    themoneyshot978's Avatar Become A Pro!

line movement is just when one side is getting pressed hard, they give the other side more/less points so that the public is split

Pensinger1
    Pensinger1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Without a greater understanding of why lines move, RLM is just another arbitrary sports-betting tool.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

there is no such thing as RLM.
    the confusion results from people seeing offshore percentage OF wagers per side
    and thinking that somehow represents where the money is going.. it does not.
    the money is on the LM.
    tired of explaining this

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    there is no such thing as RLM.
    the confusion results from people seeing offshore percentage OF wagers per side
    and thinking that somehow represents where the money is going.. it does not.
    the money is on the LM.
    tired of explaining this
    You're tired cause you are confused yourself it seems. Noone thinks wagers per side somehow represents where the money is. % of the bets is exactly what it says, % of the bets, not % of the money. Pretty sure most people get that.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL
    Zenyatta 19-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 591

just gotta be on right side always

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattn3236 View Post
    Means nothing take the team you think is going to cover. Throw all the other crap out the window. Line movement is smoke and mirrors. I do not care how you bet or anybody else. All I care about is how I end up.
    Points Awarded:

Fresno gave obamaismyuncle 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

my oklahoma bet seems like a loser bet already

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by Mattn3236 View Post

Line movement and "who the public is on" is all BS.

manicart
    manicart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

one of my good friends based all his bets on RLM
    and ... he quit gambling
    so what does that tell you about this RLM system? lol

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post
    Line movement means a lot...you bet with it, IMO you'll win more than you will lose.
    on the real EARLY line movement... yeah, agreed. good to hit the teaser parlay on a few of those sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by nulldah View Post
    my oklahoma bet seems like a loser bet already
    this (i think) is not one of those typical situations. MEM just beat LAL and the oddsmakers know that the betting public is gonna be big on MEM for that reason (beating the lakers, atm, obviously shouldn't mean shit). IMO, they probably wuold've set this closer to OKC -3.5 to -4 otherwise.

I also made the mistake of taking them at -2 last night, but i'm really not worried about it at all. Really feel like OKC could win this by 5-7. This was just one of those areas where i felt like mattn and didn't really care where the line moved too much because of my confidence in the play. That being said, i certainly cringed when i saw where the line moved today.

Siresco
    Siresco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1463

Dont depend on this. Though you can use this in your favor, you really should not depend on this much. It really means nothing. If you were going to bet on Miami ANYWAYS and buy 3 points... The line went from 11 to 9.5 obviously the line went in your favor and you should STILL buy the 3 points if your on miami.. No way am i going to choose the bucks just cause the line went down and buy 3 points on the bucks..

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by manicart View Post
    one of my good friends based all his bets on RLM and ... he quit gambling so what does that tell you about this RLM system? lol
    i have a friend that only bets rlm and now he lives in a Mansion in the bahamas

thoughts?

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

books move the line alot just to fool all those "advanced" squares on who to take

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by MrShrink View Post

this (i think) is not one of those typical situations. MEM just beat LAL and the oddsmakers know that the betting public is gonna be big on MEM for that reason (beating the lakers, atm, obviously shouldn't mean shit). IMO, they probably wuold've set this closer to OKC -3.5 to -4 otherwise.

I also made the mistake of taking them at -2 last night, but i'm really not worried about it at all. Really feel like OKC could win this by 5-7. This was just one of those areas where i felt like mattn and didn't really care where the line moved too much because of my confidence in the play. That being said, i certainly cringed when i saw where the line moved today.
    hope you're right.

let's just hope all grizzlies players keep partying after spending new years day away and won big at staples. let's hope they do not learn any lesson from the last time they played after beating lakers. i am still disgusted at this ticket though

skilz4milz
    skilz4milz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    i have a friend that only bets rlm and now he lives in a Mansion in the bahamas

thoughts?
    Conclusion: only use rlm as a capping tool if you really know what you're doing

impper
    impper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by forloveofthegame View Post
    books move the line alot just to fool all those "advanced" squares on who to take
    why would a book compromise the line and expose themselves to sharps exploiting a weak line just to fool some mythical squares who are watching for RLM?

sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

hasn't meant much so far tonight, miami covered, chicago covered, okc lost straight up..

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

The joke that is RLM produced the expected results today, dont know why i bother tracking it.

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Quote Originally Posted by sharper2 View Post
    hasn't meant much so far tonight, miami covered, chicago covered, okc lost straight up..
    and hawks cover HERES TO RLM