brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brandon Roy

I feel terrible for this guy. Seems like a good guy and he's a great player. Sidelined indefinitely with ongoing knee problems and they are saying might be the rest of season. I think there is a chance his career might be over. Real fukkin shame.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

In the same breath, I've heard that this knee issue is no different from the other ones that he has been able to play with, and they have made this indefinite because he has a disagreement with how the team wants to play him.

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Plus they could get a lottery pick out of all this.

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shame, Brandon Roy is a beast

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Quote Originally Posted by jboy4 View Post
    Shame, Brandon Roy is a beast
    This.

Austin103
    Austin103's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree, BRoy is a great player.

Anthonyk99
    Anthonyk99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

feel bad for the guy hes a great player in the league his knee is bone on bone makes it so hard for him to play

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

definitely the soul of this team. they can make due without him due to their depth but they're just not the same long term without him. he is a beast and this is a blow to the league as far as i'm concerned.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah great guy. I remember reading his rags to riches story. I think he was working as port worker before he decided to play college ball.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

****** up, esp for the Blazers since they have had bad luck with injuries for a long time now.

Roy is an ELITE NBA player but injuries are likely to kill his career.

Really sad that a guy this young and this good is not likely to ever get back to the level of play he was once at. A little bit like Penny Hardaway sort of.

peeteer
    peeteer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I feel terrible for Portland. Oden is done for a long time. I remember draft 07 when Blazers took Oden over Durant and Al Horford. See where Durant as a player is today. Bad luck. I really like Brandon Roy and "his" Blazers. Unfortunatelly, injuries are killing this team. My second favourite team is Houston, so I start to think it is my fault.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Really sad that a guy this young and this good is not likely to ever get back to the level of play he was once at. A little bit like Penny Hardaway sort of.
    that's a good comparison. penny was better than roy ever will be though.

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shame...i seen so many games were he would be limping bringing the ball up????????hope he can recover!!!

Finalnub
    Finalnub's Avatar Become A Pro!

quite a shame.. such a promising player on a rising Western team

zigomanisinsider
    zigomanisinsider's Avatar Become A Pro!

he sucks he will never win it all

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

they're lucky they have guards that can step in and fill a lotta that void. hes good.

homers54321
    homers54321's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea bone on bone is tough to recover although there are procedures now that can place artificial cartilage in the knee

brxbmbers42

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    that's a good comparison. penny was better than roy ever will be though.
    i dont know about that. Roy healthy was a GREAT player. Would of put up 25-27 a game for the next 10 years.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brxbmbers42 View Post
    i dont know about that. Roy healthy was a GREAT player. Would of put up 25-27 a game for the next 10 years.

Not only would he put up those points, he'd grab 6 boards and dish out 6 assists.

They guy was/is a good player, feel bad for him just like Michael Redd. Redd was a threat to drop 30 on you on any single night, but knee problems limited him also.

Diesel79
    Diesel79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14862

at least he got his big money contract signed before all those injuries...

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Not only would he put up those points, he'd grab 6 boards and dish out 6 assists.

They guy was/is a good player, feel bad for him just like Michael Redd. Redd was a threat to drop 30 on you on any single night, but knee problems limited him also.
    So was Penny. You can add Grant Hill to the list kind of, even though he made it back and had a good career he was never that elite player. Guys like Redd and Yao, it does suck they have bad injuries but these guys are in their 30s alrady, Roy is a young kid, his whole career was a head of him.

I see this happening to Chris Paul too.

brxbmbers42

Surgery on both knees reported today. Hopefully he comes back healthy. Big fan of the guy. Seems like a class act

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

This sucks. I've had problems with my knees the last couple years and can't play ball sometimes and i know how much it sucks for me. I can't imagine being that good and possibly having it taken from you b/c your knees won't cooperate.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

try super slow leg extensions, warmup sets and 1 set to failure, take glucosamine also and don't stretch unwarmed muscles.
    None of this jerking stuff alot of lifters do. Try it twice a week with no squats or leg curls or leg presses.

Key to healing is getting fresh blood into the injured areas. Leaving the injured areas alone does nothing

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    try super slow leg extensions, warmup sets and 1 set to failure, take glucosamine also and don't stretch unwarmed muscles. None of this jerking stuff alot of lifters do. Try it twice a week with no squats or leg curls or leg presses. Key to healing is getting fresh blood into the injured areas. Leaving the injured areas alone does nothing
    always love health tips and workout tips from morbidly obese guys.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

this is too bad. brandon roy is one of the top 5 stop and pop mid-range shooters i personally have ever seen play

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

blazers had such a bright future

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not even a Blazers fan and I wanted to punch somebody in their organization for bringing him back in the playoffs last year. Absolutely no reason to bring him back something like 8 days after knee surgery.

I know he had lots of problems before that, and may have still had all these problems regardless, but you could tell he wasn't 100% and they still brought him back so they could lose to the Suns.

Only silver lining to this sad story is that he's still got more money in his bank account than anybody reading this board.