bfour
    bfour's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5877

Baron Davis Verbally Agrees To Be A.....

Clipper! Welcome to 7th place in the West LAC! Haha, seriously he should be good as long as he and Brand can stay pretty healthy.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i seen it on ESPN last night. too much damn money i think for an overrated player.

the Clips will somehow find a way to still suck.

so-classy#23
    so-classy#23's Avatar Become A Pro!

well its pretty simply because he and Brand are coordinating something together if Brand does not take 20 million dollars more from Golden State...Davis was smart but at the same time he did the unexpected....talk about insane odds!! No one amongst the Warriors front office, much less the NBA expected him to turn down 18 million for a season. Delving deeper into his decision and reasoning, we can see it all reverts back to the cash. Yes he turned down 18 million for the 2008 season, but he (and his money-grabbing agent) saw $65 million over 5 seasons...This guarantees Davis about $13 million a season if it is portioned equally over these 5 seasons. Now he left the money on the table because this guy has had a history of being out of shape, lazy, complacent, a whiner, and not always focused and motivated to dominate despite his phenomenal talent. He became a star once more with the Warriors, but he is a diva and hails from southern California where he constantly was boasting about his interests in Hollywood and the music scene while playing in northern California.

Yes he probably wanted to stay with the Warriors but they were wise to not give him an extended offer such as this because he is not worth that. 2-3 seasons maybe go from there, but why I am I not surprised to see Sterling and Elgin Baylor tossing money around for all the wrong reasons once more. Plus something tells me his great season with the Warriors may have been his best chance to guarantee a solid multi-year deal instead of risking injury, laziness, or bad numbers at the end of next season in hopes of securing a deal. Warriors will miss him now, but not in the long run