strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers +180 for me!

All this talk of fixes and the NBA doing whatever it can to ensure the most possible dollars, I have to go with the juicy dog to win and force game 7, the NBA will make millions extra by there being a game 7. Both the Celtics and the Lakers will make millions extra because this terrible series will be considered a classic just because it went 7 games and they will be able to sell the DVD. Well hopefully I am right and all of them will make millions and I will make a few thousand.

YoungMill
    YoungMill's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am with you on this one. If you havn't placed the bet, you should wait a few more hours prior to the game to get the best moneyline possible. Right now it had increased from +180 - +185 and will continue to increase. Goodluck with you, and lakers!!

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good to see you on it SW...I bought a hook and went +5 about 15 minutes ago. I thought I would be the only one on the Lakers.

strictlywinners

I still haven't takin it yet I see it going to about +190 then it plateuing or maybe coming back down. +5 is good play as well but I'd rather see you getting the odds on this one.

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

After all that has happened in the past several weeks, do you really think the NBA would put the fix on for tonight. I think there is a small chance they even do this, but almost a zero chance they are bold enough tonight to do something. In fact, they may want the other way so there is no doubt. I like the Celtics just not sure how to play. A lot of Chalk on the ML and I don't like the points at 4.5. I was actually hoping to buy the points down to 2, but its too expensive now. Might decrease my wagered money and parlay with my best baseball play today.

strictlywinners

Hahaha I didn't realize that SBR had a headline about this game, and I posted this without reading, I just read it, I guess I fall under the category of a conspiarcy theorist!

strictlywinners

Quote Originally Posted by emat View Post
    After all that has happened in the past several weeks, do you really think the NBA would put the fix on for tonight. I think there is a small chance they even do this, but almost a zero chance they are bold enough tonight to do something. In fact, they may want the other way so there is no doubt. I like the Celtics just not sure how to play. A lot of Chalk on the ML and I don't like the points at 4.5. I was actually hoping to buy the points down to 2, but its too expensive now. Might decrease my wagered money and parlay with my best baseball play today.
    I see your point, but there is no way of proving fix based on foul calls, fouls are subjective left up to the refs, there are plenty of calls that could be fouls that aren't called and there are plenty that aren't that are called fouls. It would be impossible for anyone to investigate the game and say that the fix was on because they called a foul on a particular play. That is the beauty of it, they can get there desired outcoming more then not, and there is no proof or evidence left, just assumptions.

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Quote Originally Posted by strictlywinners View Post
    I see your point, but there is no way of proving fix based on foul calls, fouls are subjective left up to the refs, there are plenty of calls that could be fouls that aren't called and there are plenty that aren't that are called fouls. It would be impossible for anyone to investigate the game and say that the fix was on because they called a foul on a particular play. That is the beauty of it, they can get there desired outcoming more then not, and there is no proof or evidence left, just assumptions.
    Point taken and I agree it would be very difficult to prove as calls could be made either on almost any play. However, given the circumstances whether it has happened in the past or not, I don't think any ref would risk the scruntity with everyone watching so close. And I almost 100% sure the commissioner or whoever is in charge of that would risk telling the refs what to do tonight. In today's world, they could go to jail for that. Look at some of the CEO's that are jail now for 20+years for just trying to make more money. Is there any differences here? Beyond the fix or no fix, I just don't like the effort I have seen from the Lakers. Kobe royally pissed me off last game. I took his points O 30 on a good amount of change. Only to watch him score half of that in the first 8 minutes and basically act like a pussy the remaining 40 minutes. No way can anyone be serouis about the Jordan comparison. Jordan would take over games like this and win them on his own if need be. Most of all I am just mad I lost on what should have been a paid bet at half-time.

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

are u guy kidding me??? taking the laker money line...that could be the worst bet I've ever heard of...have you not watched any of the finals or playoffs...fyi, the celtics are 12-1 at home and only lost to Detroit(who is clearly a much tougher and better team than the Lakers)...you've got to be joking me...Please just tell me your a Laker fan, cause clearly your betting with your heart not ur head...cause the Laker ML and +5 is an easy easy LOSER TONIGHT...celtics win this by 17

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strictwinners,
    I see your point. That isn't a bad idea. I just thought the Celtics may not want to gamble on allowing a 3-3 tie. Perhaps, there may be a gentleman's agreement on both sides, who knows? It's now all about money! Maybe one should tail you and make a few hundreds while the "actors" make their millions. We may after all be watching a film trick tonight, ala wrestling.

strictlywinners

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    are u guy kidding me??? taking the laker money line...that could be the worst bet I've ever heard of...have you not watched any of the finals or playoffs...fyi, the celtics are 12-1 at home and only lost to Detroit(who is clearly a much tougher and better team than the Lakers)...you've got to be joking me...Please just tell me your a Laker fan, cause clearly your betting with your heart not ur head...cause the Laker ML and +5 is an easy easy LOSER TONIGHT...celtics win this by 17
    I actually hate the lakers, but regardless they are my play. We will talk when the game is over, I am very happy to see that you like the Celtics though it makes me even more confident that I am on the right side.

polishkielbasa10

yup a Celtic fan who enjoys winning money. 6-0 ats in the finals. Not to shabby. Its an easy call. Please take the celts minus the points. It won't be close, the c's are so much better

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

has anyone here watched this series? the celts have killed the lakers
    the lakers suck.
    get off them, i got off them and am winning on boston

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    yup a Celtic fan who enjoys winning money. 6-0 ats in the finals. Not to shabby. Its an easy call. Please take the celts minus the points. It won't be close, the c's are so much better

Celts fan here.

polishkielbasa10

U morons still like that laker money line???? That could be the most dominating defensive performance ever. No chance