MyKickerHurts
    MyKickerHurts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Laker Hater's Please...are The Finals Over? Nooooo!

WOW, the threads are on fire from the Laker haters, the boards are lit up now that the Celtics have a 2-0 series lead. You would think that they have already fitted their rings. Well I got news for you BOSTON BACKING BEAN LOVING CELTICS fans. It ain't OVER.Not by a long shot. This is a best of 7 last time I checked and not a best of 5, 4, or 3.
    Enough is enough.
    Let me remind you Celtics fans of a couple things. We play 3games here In my Backyard, the Staples Center, an arena in which the Lakers have not and will not LOSE a home game in this years NBA playoffs. A perfect 8-0 at home, and soon to be counting when the Celtics visit us tuesday.
    Can I ask you what is all the hype about with a team still to prove themselves on the road with the Celtics. You are only averaging 92.6 points per game in the playoffs. The only reason you are winning games is because of your deffense and the fact that the ref's are permanetly stuck on your sacks. Thats right the ref's have favored the Celtics the entire post season. In a game agianst the Pistons last series the Celtics scored only 75 points in a Loss. Thats not the kicker are following me. The celtics only scored 33points from the field. SO where did the other 32 points come from did the ref's just give them 32, well um yeah basically. The refs gave the Celtics 35 attempts at the free throw line. So in a game the Celtics couldn't produce the Ref's made sure they did.
    Now now, you may be thinking that this stat is a fluke right. The Celtics are not getting calls from the ref's right. Well think again. When your team is only averaging 92 points a game in the playoffs as the Celtics are compared to the Lakers who are averaging 104.6, and the Celtics are winning games. Ok only the 1st 2, but none the less they need to get points somehow, and that is at the Line. The free throw line for the celtics should get a number and a jersey, shoot even a payroll.
    This stat is not made up. The Celtics are leading the league this year in the playoffs for Attempts at the free throw line. This means the Ref's are giving them a little too much love. The Celtics have so far currenlty 573 free throw attempts.
    This is the KICKER they have scored 447 points from the free throw line. Thats an average of 20.3 points per game. Thats right under Kevein Garnet shoot he's getting 21. something during a game while the Free Throw Line is averaging 20. WOW the refs love them.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well I think we'll see the FT disparity swing LA's way at least for the next 2 games, particularly in game 3. I do think the league wants to stretch this one out for that game 7 revenue.

Ultimately, and it's hard to say this for last night since the FT disparity was too great (28 less), it does come down to the players. The officials tried to help Detroit out big time in the 3rd Q of game 6 vs Boston, but Boston simply refused to be beat.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

You are right MKH. The series isn't over till it's over. I thought Game 2 was over in the 3rd quarter, and what do you know? The Lakers make a furious comeback and almost pull off the most miraculous comeback in NBA history. BTW... here is another thought for your free throw discrepancy. Leon Powe shot more FTs in 14 minutes of play than the entire Lakers squad did for the game.

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Yeah, it's not over, your right. Lakers with their backs against the wall. You should fear that Celtic defense. Even in the rare event the Lakers win three in a row in L.A........the title still goes through Boston.

MyKickerHurts

Another thing I am tired of hearing now... THE CELTICS ARE 7-0 AFTER LEADING 2-0 IN THE NBA FINALS.
    Ok change the topic sports reporters, why you may ask. Well if the Celtics have been the same team over the past 7 years than maybe. But the Celtics that are 7-0 in the fianls after leading 2-0 are the Celtics of the 70-80's not this team.
    This team of the Celtics, are mainly VIRGINS to the experience of being in the finals other than Cassel. These are the Celtics, that went 7 games with the Hawks. 7 with the Cavs. For my books these Celtics are 0-0 after leading 2-0 in the finals. I just do not see the lakers losing any of the 3 games at home. The only way they lose any of them won't be because of anything but the refs. Look for the Lakers to get back on track, my prediction is they win all 3 then with the taste of blood on the mouths, they finish it up game 6 in Bean town. I will be at games 3, 4 and being no dummy I sold my seats for game 5 why you may ask. Well it's simple it paid for my season seats this season as well as making me 2 extra gs. Thank You smellybelly5676 on ebay.
    Last edited by MyKickerHurts; 06-09-08 at 05:01 PM.

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

there yah go. give it to them mann!

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

I have to admit I've probably been giving the most shit to the lakers...But I have to say a couple of things. First the Celtics are 39-1 after a 2-0 lead, that means nothing this day in age...Secondly, wheather this series is in YOUR backyard at staples, or my backyard or the barnyard, the fact and only fact is THE LAKERS ARE NOT THAT GOOD. Great you beat up an old SA team over the hill...The Lakers are the best road playoff team, we saw what happened in game 1 and 2. The lakers have the better bench, we saw what happened in games 1 and 2. They have the best player on the planet, and we saw him shut down and cry and complain in games 1 and 2. They have the better coach, minus the right place at the right time with Jordan and Pipen and shaq, and we saw the adjustments from that average coach did in game 1 and 2.. I'm just tired of Laker fan with the tired IT'S BACK IN OUR HOUSE BABY THREAD!!! Fact is this...Crybaby kobe and phil can continue to call out the refs the back boards and the hotdog vendor yelling too loud for their likeing, but Kobe has gotten shut down in all "5" games against the celtics both in staples and at boston...what's gonna change..OH the celtics road wowes!! Did we not see them win 2 in DETROIT which is much better than the Lakers...Folks, save money and time, relax, take the generous points that you'll get in the next couple..make a drink and watch the series end in LA with Boston winning outright

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    I have to admit I've probably been giving the most shit to the lakers...But I have to say a couple of things. First the Celtics are 39-1 after a 2-0 lead, that means nothing this day in age...Secondly, wheather this series is in YOUR backyard at staples, or my backyard or the barnyard, the fact and only fact is THE LAKERS ARE NOT THAT GOOD. Great you beat up an old SA team over the hill...The Lakers are the best road playoff team, we saw what happened in game 1 and 2. The lakers have the better bench, we saw what happened in games 1 and 2. They have the best player on the planet, and we saw him shut down and cry and complain in games 1 and 2. They have the better coach, minus the right place at the right time with Jordan and Pipen and shaq, and we saw the adjustments from that average coach did in game 1 and 2.. I'm just tired of Laker fan with the tired IT'S BACK IN OUR HOUSE BABY THREAD!!! Fact is this...Crybaby kobe and phil can continue to call out the refs the back boards and the hotdog vendor yelling too loud for their likeing, but Kobe has gotten shut down in all "5" games against the celtics both in staples and at boston...what's gonna change..OH the celtics road wowes!! Did we not see them win 2 in DETROIT which is much better than the Lakers...Folks, save money and time, relax, take the generous points that you'll get in the next couple..make a drink and watch the series end in LA with Boston winning outright
    You will never shut up man. You could say the exact same thing about the Pistons too. They are getting old as well. Jackson is not an average coach. You don't get 9 rings for nothing. If you think Kobe is a crybaby, look at your own stars and see how they complain on every call. Celtics had a good performance from Cassell in Game 1 and Powe played the game of his life in Game 2... and the Celtics still barely won. I'm still not worried about the Lakers. To be honest, they've played maybe 2 decent quarters out of a possible 8 quarters and Boston barely won both games.

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

juzz let him keep running off his mouth. we'll see how he feels when his celtics falter for 3 games in LA.

polishkielbasa10

This is the same thing I heard after game 1...Just let him keep running his mouth and we'll see what happens after game 2..Get a new line...See the Crowe Buzz, Mundane and chipski are eating..ya tell me what coach couldn't have won 9 rings with jordan and pipen and shaq?? that's a joke, enjoy the series ending in LA..best of luck

apk2k6
    apk2k6's Avatar Become A Pro!

All I have to say is that the Celtics are 4-0 against the Lakers this season so far. Lakers are overrated, and so are their crybaby fans who make excuses. We all know that the series is best out of 7, I'm sure we've all followed NBA playoffs before. I'm not from Boston nor a diehard fan, I'm just calling it like I see it.

polishkielbasa10

welcome...finally an honest and accurate view...thankyou

MyKickerHurts

You wasted your first post

Quote Originally Posted by apk2k6 View Post
    All I have to say is that the Celtics are 4-0 against the Lakers this season so far. Lakers are overrated, and so are their crybaby fans who make excuses. We all know that the series is best out of 7, I'm sure we've all followed NBA playoffs before. I'm not from Boston nor a diehard fan, I'm just calling it like I see it.
    Dude your first post and your trying to step to this. Give me a break the numbers don't lie. ok rewind it. During the regular season 1 of those loses came when the lakers wore those shorty shorts, squeezing their balls so tight, you know like all the laker haters are doing to the Celtics, squeezing their ball sacks, TOO TIGHT. here ar ethe pics----
    http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...400/lakers.jpg
    http://sneakerboxx.files.wordpress.c...lts_lakers.jpg
    You wanna see a boston fan with the celtics look at this tab
    http://www.clearharmony.net/a_images...-19-clz-13.jpg
    Move on to the playoffs we got the mvp on the celtics scoring 20 points a game in the playoffs the REFS. the numbers do not lie. The celtics are leading the league in Free throw attempts and made free throws. You know boston is good at cheating look at Belly-CHeck the patriots coach. the only true boston champions this decade are the Red SOX.
    Its funny I didn't hear chit from the celtics backers the whole playoffs only until they take a little 2-0 lead. WHen they were getting their asses schooled by the Hawks nothing.
    Well let me finish by saying I congratulate the Celtics for all that they have accomplished I just feel that they have gotten a little too much help from the refs in the playoffs. Enough to lead at the line and enough to help them win the first 2 games. Please Please wait until these 3 games are done and then we will see. I promise not to post until then, Plus I will be at the game anyway, the first 2 at least.
    Peace out, MUNDANE props for getting my back on this.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

series not over, but if the lakers lose even 1 gm in LA, then the series IS OVER, they will not win a gm 6 in boston, and if they do, they won't win a gm 7, for the lakers to have a chance, i believe they MUST win all 3 in la, a tall order to do against the better defensive team who is 4-0 against you, thats not an accident!

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

I don't know about the series but Boston is going to watch the Kobe show tonight. I would be shocked if he doesn't have at least 35.

polishkielbasa10

Looky here fickel laker fan. Ud better hope to get a large first quarter lead. Cause its a fact that Staples might be the easiest place to win. Ur fans arrive late and leave early. The tru fans sit in the upper deck, the games @ 6 with traffic it wont be full till late 2nd... Thus home court means nothing. Its actually closer to a jamboree than a nba final.