ckov86
    ckov86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pistons money making opportunity ??

Hey guys I do not know if this issue has been brought up yet if so could someone guide me to the thread. Anyway I live in the metro detroit area and big talk on the pistons is the nearing ownership change from bill daviss daughter to mike illich (owner of the red wings and tigers). I am wondering 1. after the change is made officailly how great is the potential for an effort burst or run will there be for a few weeks from the team and what implacations this may have for betting and for how long. 2. Will the ownership change give us a clearer view on Joe Dumars as a GM. Is he just a crummy GM that had a little bit of luck or has he been held back by an unfortunate death of a great owner who passed the team on to a daughter who could careless?

opinions, ideas, insights and any other questions are welcome and appreciated.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

unlikely to see an effort burst from this washed up roster unless you inject life-threatening dose of PEDs

until dumars has resources to overhaul roster it's doubtful these guys will be within farting distance of the 8 seed

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

even if they go on win spurt, it'll be over by the time you decide to bet....and you'll never get a good number from oddsmakers with such a stale & putrid roster

ckov86
    ckov86's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree the roster is a joke and seems to start caring less and less as the season goes on and frustration builds. My thought is more along the lines of when the transition happens (to an owner who is willing to throw money around) will we see a short term edge line wise toward the pistons.

maybe this is wishful thinking from a local