Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best Bets 1/13

Who do you guys like for today?

I will track everybodies plays, so please make sure you post a line.

Also, I don't mind if you post parlays, teasers, or round robins, but these plays will not be reflected in the standings.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Orleans +12.5 (-101)
    La. Tech +8.5 (-102)
    Portland +11.5 (-104)

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

4* Nigara +1 +101
    3* Georgia Southern +3 1/2
    1* Marist -4
    1* St. Marys- CA -1
    1* Uconn -3

I'm holding out for the Oklahoma St. getting 5 or more...hopefully.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Villanova +3
    Tenn. Chattanooga +4
    Austin Peay +3
    San Diego -1.5
    Santa Clara +1.5

9 of the 17 listed games tonight feature a home dog ... May be some good shopping in that bunch.
    Last edited by kdmfox; 02-13-06 at 05:18 AM.

Adamo
    Adamo's Avatar Become A Pro!

5* Niagara +1
    4* Dallas Mav -14
    4* Kansas -3.5
    2* SAS/Clev O179.5
    1* Clev +2.5
    1* Tor +6
    1* LAL -6
    Last edited by Adamo; 02-13-06 at 08:26 AM.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

5* Kansas -2.5
    2* Kansas -3.5
    1*Kansas -1.5(1st Half)
    1*Kansas/Ok State under 136

3*Coll Of Char -3
    2*UConn -2
    1.5*Manhattan -1
    1* Dallas -14
    1*Portland U +11.5
    1/2* Tenn St -3
    Last edited by imgv94; 02-13-06 at 11:19 AM.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kdmfox
    Villanova +3
    Tenn. Chattanooga +4
    Austin Peay +3
    San Diego -1.5
    Santa Clara +1.5

9 of the 17 listed games tonight feature a home dog ... May be some good shopping in that bunch.
    Good lookin card Fox. You have a best bet in that bunch? Austin Peay looks like they have caught fire and can win that game SU.

imgv94

Hey I found something new. The ignore list. I just put kdmfox on there,
    don't want his awful capping to affect me..

Alamorich

Spurs -2.5 (suggest a ML play or parlay with the ML)

Cleveland is 1-7 ATS in February and is playing a more slow down style that Spurs would prefer. Spurs have been on my no play list but like a moth drawn to fire I can't help myself in this one. Spurs are actually 24-25 ATS and I have managed to bet on a lot of the 25 loosers. Spurs did play yesterday but most of the team took the day off and let Ginobili win the game by himself. Spurs have won 13-1 L14 SU and I expect a better effort tonight given their weak performance yesterday.

Charlotte -2 (not recommending game really)

This could be a trap game..what ever that is. I want to bet the wife and kids on the Hornets. Portland is having a horrible road trip and really struggling to score. Maybe the odds makers think Portland will see an opportunity here to salvage the trip and they want to sucker players into taking Charlotte. I did not watch the Blazers yesterday but they were blown out in a big way and could be that starters were rested in the second half to be ready for the Hornets who they have a chance of beating.

NO/OK -4

Washington has been kicking ass lately but it's all been at home. Now they hit the road and take on NO/OK which has been very tough at home going 17-8 SU. Are the Wizzers for real? I am not convinced. Oh by the way, NO/OK has gone over the total the last 8 games and 10 of L12. Chris has a total of 191, no reason why these two can't go over one more time.

Toronto +5.5

Are you kidding me? Line opened at 7. I have been getting burned by the Wolves but Toronto has been money in the bank all year. They get no respect but did you know that they are 17-7 ATS on the road and 20-6 ATS against teams with loosing records!

NY +15

Knicks suck but Dallas could have a hang over from their loss in Denver and might sleep walk through this one long enough for the Knicks to cover.

Honorable Mention

Memphis -2.5

The might be coming out of their slump and they are a better team than GS

newb411breaker19
    newb411breaker19's Avatar Become A Pro!

alamo i like those picks, especially the over in Wash/NO. I also took Jazz/Lakers over along with spurs -2.5.

imgv94

Teasers:--------

Dallas Mavericks -7
    Villanova +11 for Game
    Kansas+5½ for Game

Dallas Mavs -7
    UConn +5
    Kansas +5.5

Easy Money

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

3*Kansas(-3.5) +113
    10*Woodbine Race #3 #4 Phoenicia Hanover(+450 ML-will move)

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

2* Wisconsin Green-Bay +4
    1* New Orleans +12.5
    1* Kansas @ Oklahoma St. Under 136
    1* Fresno St. -2
    1* Louisiana Tech +9
    1* Portland +11.5
    1* Tennessee St. -3
    Last edited by Razz; 02-13-06 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Upgraded Green Bay

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Washington +4.5
    Craptors +5.5
    Blazers +2.5
    Knicks +15.5 (??????????????????? why the hell not)

JayEgdarWho
    JayEgdarWho's Avatar Become A Pro!

In the NBA the password tonight is ALAMO. I'll try to find time for my own short post this afternoon, but you cannot do better than Alamo's analysis. I lean with him on every one of those games, although I may only play about half and toss in a total or two.

imgv94

Alamo is solid!!

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

MIN under 194 -102
    WAS +4 -101

MIN should win tonight, with defense being big part of it.

I think WAS has a chance to win tonight, NOK have overachieved last two games without Paul, reached their maximum.
    Last edited by adriano; 02-13-06 at 11:42 AM.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

i will go with the presely nccaa picks .solid record and more beneficialand fruitful

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

alamorich also solid for nba picks ,must follow him,he is a sincere and helpful guy here.

Bigjeza
    Bigjeza's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs -1 2units

Timmy is feeling better and owes the team this win for carrying his ass.
    They want to continue the win streak. cavs been looking kinda flat to me.

Kansas -2 5units buy the .5 point for insurance
    This one seems like a nice bet. Kansas is a good team. OK ST is a bad team. Take your pick. Thank imgv94 for pointing this pick out
    The OK ST coach recently criticized his team's mental and physical toughness, calling it the "softest team in 16 years that I have ever coached."

JayEgdarWho
    JayEgdarWho's Avatar Become A Pro!

SPURS -2 (100) 2 units and ML -122 (2 units); under 179.5 (1 unit)
    SA lines last two days seem backward -- (make them 1-2 over IND and 5-6 over CLE.) Bowen plays James tough -- CLE supporting cast must far exceed recent levels to keep game close to final minute. Thoroughly professional SA shows up every night, while public inflates Cavs - hard to see them scoring more than 85. Still, they do not get blown out anywhere, much less at home, which means they should keep SA somewhat in check.

BOBCATS -2 (-105) 2 units
    BM's thinking must be that POR is a favorite NOT to fall too far behind against anemic and banged-up Bobs, and if you throw out their 15+-point losses (a lot of games) then POR is 9-4 ATS in 2006 in competitive games. But that's mostly at home, and Pryzbilla and now Ratliff are out, and this is not just a slump:
    ======================
    "Man, it ain't going to get any easier," Juan Dixon said. "We don't have a center." Perhaps more importantly, the Blazers (17-32) have shown they don't have any heart.

That became evident to coach Nate McMillan midway through the fourth quarter, when he came unglued during a timeout with 8:34 left and the Blazers trailing 95-63. McMillan fired at his team, several times nearly falling out of his chair as he spit, stomped and screamed, until finally he slammed his fist against his clipboard, shattering the plastic board, which sent his red felt pen spinning upward and backward onto the court.

It was the first clipboard McMillan has broken this year, but there figures to be more as long as the Blazers continue to show no defensive resistance. In the three games this trip, the Blazers have allowed 101, 115 and 114 points. On Sunday, they allowed a hapless Raptors team (19-32) to shoot 58.5 percent from the field and grab 48 rebounds.

"We are just giving in to being outworked, we are not competing," McMillan said.

"It just looks like the spirit is gone," McMillan said. "The fire is not there."

And while McMillan continues to plead for someone to step up and light a fire under the team, Dixon made a concerted effort Sunday, at one point standing in the middle of a huddle to urge Randolph to play defense. Before the timeout, Randolph let Toronto guard Mike James (19 points, six assists) drive right past him.

"You gotta play defense," Dixon said, both hands extended toward Randolph. "Everybody out there has to play! It just takes one guy. We gotta work!"
    =============================
    Maybe they come back tonight, but if they (ie.e Randolph) had it in him they would have done that after the 1st or 2nd blowout on the trip. I'm trying not to overthink it, or bet Alamo's wife and kids, but jeez, CHA should be -6 here, even with no PGs.

MEM -3 (100) @ GS (2 units) and OVER 188 (-104) 1 unit
    GS weary coming back home; MEM got off schneid vs LAX, but need another win to semi-salvage trip vs. their expectations. GS very streaky in-game; MEM needs only stay focused and capitalize during bad GS runs. Suspect this line will go UP, with BD a confirmed nonstart before game time.

UNDER 194.5 @ DAL (-107) (3 units)
    Knicks playing better, yet hard to imagine them getting to 85 here against still-underrated Mavs D. Seems unlikely that Mavs need to/will cruise by 25+ in this spot, so under is the play.

WOLVES- RAPTORS
    Second only to UTH, MIN is a personal nemesis, so I hesitate here even though I like TOR. MIN is struggling, and appears clueless -- the end of the NOK game was absolutely brutal. (What it is about Minnesota and no-experience, overmatched head coaches?). But Wolves may also be set-up for a sea-change game, against beatable opposition, after yesterday's practice.
    ============
    Sunday's practice was one of the few opportunities the four new Wolves have had to work on absorbing the system since the Jan. 26 trade with Boston. “It's a lot of teaching, a lot of bonding from Kevin (Garnett) and the other guys on the team," newcomer Marcus Banks said. "Today was really like the first day of practice. It made it really fun."

Without much time to practice, the timing of the trade has hurt the team, which is in the midst of a 1-6 slump. There were plenty of days between games in November — the Wolves played just 13 games that month — but now the schedule is loaded with games. The team has the same number of games compressed into a 28-day month, including a break for all-star weekend.

One of the reasons Anthony Carter took over as the starting point guard is because Jaric never seemed to fit Casey's desire to be a running team. With Carter and Banks as the top options at point guard, Casey has stressed creating transition opportunities.

"We'd like to be an up-tempo team in the right [situation]," he said. "We want to make sure we know our roles, our alleys, our rules in running. ... It's the same as learning defensive schemes. It is learned behavior, which is not easy. It's hard to be a running team. It's something you grow into, you work on, you practice, you usually go through training camp on."
    ======
    Wait, didn't they have a training camp?

I like TOR, and +7 would have been nice. Pass at +5, and worry about a quick start for Minny, like the start in the CLE game (that they could not sustain). Also seems to me that a MIN total is finally in the right neighborhood for first time in long time, at 194.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL guys...

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Toronto +5.5.....
    (I made my bet with +6.5 a few hours ago with med-high stakes, I couldn't believe to my eyes when I saw the odds on Toronto....Even the ML win for them is possible...)

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't play much NBA, but would be surprised if this dog lost the game.

1* Golden St. Warriors +3

imgv94

2,000th post pick

Dallas -15

imgv94

*2 Kansas ML -155

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4795

1 unit:

San Diego +1
    Hawaii +2

Grizzlies -2.5

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

I am going to go with Razz's reversed favorite theory here

San Diego +1 3units

Alamorich

Spurs gave in to fatigue of back to back games

Charlotte game was a trap after all.

Slow start by N.O. blew the cover but by some miracle went over 191.

Toronto was easy money

Knicks are beyond pathetic

Memphis still pending but GS looks flat and a step slow tonight.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Teasers:--------

Dallas Mavericks -7
    Villanova +11 for Game
    Kansas+5½ for Game

Dallas Mavs -7
    UConn +5
    Kansas +5.5

Easy Money