onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Knicks get J.Rose and first-round pick for Antonio Davis

Now AD's crazy wife has to deal with Canadiens.
    Jalen Rose can still be productive, if he gets the playing time.

The New York Knicks have acquired Toronto Raptors guard/forward Jalen Rose and a first-round pick in exchange for power forward Antonio Davis, ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reports.

Davis was a likely target to be traded because of his expiring contract.

The draft pick is a first-round pick from the Denver Nuggets, which the Raptors acquired in an earlier trade, the Toronto Star reports.

The Knicks have lost nine of their last 10 games.

Davis, who played for Toronto for four-plus seasons from 1999-2003, served a five-game suspension after going into the stands in Chicago during a confrontation between his wife, Kendra, and a fan. Davis played for the Bulls for 1½ seasons after being acquired from the Raptors.

The 37-year-old Davis, who spent the first six seasons of his career with the Indiana Pacers, was averaging just 5.0 points and 4.8 rebounds in 36 games for the Knicks.

Rose, who turned 33 on Monday, is averaging 12.1 points -- his lowest mark since 1998-99 with the Pacers -- and 2.8 rebounds in 46 contests.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

What an excellent move by the Knicks. Antonio Davis is dead weight and his wife is like the female version of Mike Tyson. Jalen Rose will be more excited about playing for the Knicks than the cRaptors and should be an asset to the team especially with his understanding of the Larry Brown system.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Knicks definately got the better deal.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wonder if this means marbury is on the trading block.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    i wonder if this means marbury is on the trading block.
    If the Knicks want to become contenders then they better have him on the block. I can't believe that Isiah or Larry are actually behind this guy despite what they say in the press. He simply doesn't have the stones to be a winner. If you want to sell jerseys to kids then Marbury's your guy. If you want to win games then you're looking for the next Chauncey.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Now AD's crazy wife has to deal with Canadiens.
    I winder how they deal with road rage up in Canada.