Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best Bets: Monday January 14th, 2008

Share your best bets for Monday.

Good luck everybody!

***Please be advised that I will be out of town Monday through late Wednesday night. All grading will be caught up on Thursday.***

supra23
    supra23's Avatar Become A Pro!

washington +12 1/2...uhhhh does anyone else find this spread kind of high. Just coming off a victory to boston i dont see washington losing by more than double digits in boston, and if they do lose i see the score being boston 95-90, anyone else?

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

Quote Originally Posted by supra23 View Post
    washington +12 1/2...uhhhh does anyone else find this spread kind of high. Just coming off a victory to boston i dont see washington losing by more than double digits in boston, and if they do lose i see the score being boston 95-90, anyone else?

absolutely agree with you here

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Me too...

Wash +12.5
    Port +5.0

later
    Last edited by capitalist pig; 01-14-08 at 05:14 PM. Reason: added Port +5.0

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this is a trick. The oddsmakers want people to take the Washington ML when in reality Boston will win. They want this because Washington just defeated Boston. I honestly believe this is a trick here. They want betters to think +13 is to high for a team that just beat that same team a few nights ago.. I personally expect a blowout victory for Boston, but I could be wrong. Remember, that was on Washington's homecourt and they do well at home, as does Boston.. Boston is a great team overall but with homecourt advantage and just coming off a loss to Wash. I wouldn't bet this game..

I sense the revenge factor where Boston might blow Wasgington right out of the building.... Prediction 92-76

supra23
    supra23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    I think this is a trick. The oddsmakers want people to take the Washington ML when in reality Boston will win. They want this because Washington just defeated Boston. I honestly believe this is a trick here. They want betters to think +13 is to high for a team that just beat that same team a few nights ago.. I personally expect a blowout victory for Boston, but I could be wrong. Remember, that was on Washington's homecourt and they do well at home, as does Boston.. Boston is a great team overall but with homecourt advantage and just coming off a loss to Wash. I wouldn't bet this game..

I sense the revenge factor where Boston might blow Wasgington right out of the building.... Prediction 92-76
    ...ya u could be right, this could be a revenge and a no mercy annhilation game for boston, i do feel that boston will win this game, but the problem is by how much.

Boston has had trouble covering the double digit spreads against the bad teams recently, this being another with a more solid team, has me leaning towards washington.

But if anything the under for this game is another solid bet.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Sonics +7.5

jeffries

I would stay away from betting with the good teams and bad teams until we start seeing the blowouts again... I mentioned how the mavericks just barely beat the clippers with a buzzer beater 3 by jerry stackhouse, how minnesota of all teams lead san antonio at halftime by 1 point, how detroit won by the skin of their teetgh against chrloote by 2 points, and how they got blown out today by the NY Knicks.... boston losing to washington...

Somethings up, but Im betting NCAA until I see things back the way they were....good teams shutting the bad teams out by 20+

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its motivation

I would stay away from betting with the good teams and bad teams until we start seeing the blowouts again... I mentioned how the mavericks just barely beat the clippers with a buzzer beater 3 by jerry stackhouse, how minnesota of all teams lead san antonio at halftime by 1 point, how detroit won by the skin of their teetgh against chrloote by 2 points, and how they got blown out today by the NY Knicks.... boston losing to washington...

Somethings up, but Im betting NCAA until I see things back the way they were....good teams shutting the bad teams out by 20+
    Its the level of motivation a team plays with. For example, Detroit was not excited to play the knicks because they can not get motivated to play such a bad team. Good teams rather not show or play hard and just do eneough to win. The opposite is also true, that bad teams only get motivated to play the good teams in the league.

jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    Its the level of motivation a team plays with. For example, Detroit was not excited to play the knicks because they can not get motivated to play such a bad team. Good teams rather not show or play hard and just do eneough to win. The opposite is also true, that bad teams only get motivated to play the good teams in the league.
    While I agree 100 % with what your saying, it's just so sad that Detroit has to feel that way because now they just ruined there reputation as one of the best teams in the league losing to THE KNICKS..... its actually like spitting in the face of the Organization that IS the NBA. Its an embarassment to the league

W0lfy
    W0lfy's Avatar Become A Pro!

If it was just that easy all spreads +10 + would be easy money lol. However, it's not that easy because no one knows the motivation and preperation that takes place before the games for certain teams. For example if I was Detroit I would love to kill the Knicks in the Garden the best place to play in the NBA, but they came out and straighed sucked.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sonics +8
    Celts -12.5

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

utah -9.5
    washington/boston under 184.5

OegNo
    OegNo's Avatar Become A Pro!

huge upset on sunday with the pistons...hope mondays better

Wash +12 1/2
    Wash/Bost Under 184 1/2
    Port +4
    Spurs -12
    Utah -9 1/2
    Utah / Mil Under 210

i'll update this when the other spreads are up...until then, feel free to comment or advise me...kind of new to this

thanks and good luck everyone

mopack
    mopack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bos -12.5
    Sea +7.5
    Mil/Utah O211

added:
    Por +5
    Den -4.5
    Last edited by mopack; 01-14-08 at 04:31 PM. Reason: added picks

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Sonics (+7.5 @ -110) for 1 Unit.

jeffries

The way things been working in the NBA with all the "not so good" teams defeating or nearly defeating the better teams by less then 3 points, I'm taking the Milwaukee Bucks and the points over Utah

OegNo
    OegNo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seatle +7.5

lakers dominated memphis today first half at home, and slowly descended without bynum afterwards...seatle will be more fresh on monday and with the homecourt advantage, this is a sure bet

jeffries

I took Seattle but not very comfortable with it at all. Bynum is a huge contributor to the team but Kobe Bryant alone is a weapon in his own.. Seattle can not match up with Lakers.. I bought the 3 points and took the Sonics at +10... Thing about Seattle is they couldn't shoot their way out of a barrel. Their ball skills suck

The_Truth77
    The_Truth77's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think about taking over 187 points for the 76ers/Spurs game and under 210 for the Bucks/Jazz game?

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm thinking the exact same thing. Just seems too easy so I will pass.

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Washington +12.5
    Washington/Boston U184.5
    Bucks +9.5
    Lakers -7
    Blazers +4

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 plays for 5 units each tonight:

Denver - 4 1/2: Denver has only played one game in the last 6 nights and should be well rested against an inferior, and exhausted, Charlotte team.

Sacramento + 5 1/2: This is Dallas' third road game in 4 nights. Earlier, in November, when they had a similar task they lost the final two. We saw how the LAC almost beat them. I'm taking Sac and the points.

Adding one play for one unit:

Philadelphia ML: Reasoning? They have no chance on paper, and Charly Public will be all over the Spurs here. I think the Spurs are in a good letdown spot and the 76ers are in a must win and will be up for a game vs the reigning champs. Philly +700 parlayed with Patriots ML and Packers ML and Red Wings (tomorrow) ML. Risking 1 unit to win 15.
    Last edited by buztah; 01-14-08 at 01:42 PM.

Danwahoo
    Danwahoo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wizards +12
    Blazers +5
    Spurs -11
    Utah -10
    Lakers -5
    Mavs -6
    Nuggets -4.5

Irish Lumberjack
    Irish Lumberjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

3*Wash +11.5
    3*wash/bos under 184.5
    3*Portland +5

1* Jazz -10

franckmtl
    franckmtl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Charlotte + 5,0
    Milwaukee + 10,0
    Seattle + 5,5
    New Jersey - 5,0

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jazz -10
    Sonics +5.5
    Kings +6
    Was/Bos u 184.5

3 team ML parlay
    Celtics/Spurs/Jazz $100 pays 49
    Last edited by WestsidePete; 01-14-08 at 12:55 PM.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

utah -9.5

PeterPan
    PeterPan's Avatar Become A Pro!

"5 Charlotte +5
    *10 Dallas -6
    *5 Portland +5
    *5 Boston -11-
    *5 Lakers -5
    *10 Spurs -11

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Wizards/Celtics UNDER 185 (I bet this at around 7:00am ET, before drop)

EastsidaProduct
    EastsidaProduct's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Wizards (+11.5)
    Nets (over)
    S.A. (-11)
    Utah (under)
    Lakers (-5)
    Dallas (over)
    Last edited by EastsidaProduct; 01-14-08 at 03:27 PM.

maestrobobcobb
    maestrobobcobb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Utah:-10
    Charlotte:+4.5

timmymor
    timmymor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denver -4.5 (10 Units)

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Portland (+5 @ -110) for 2 Units.

obes728
    obes728's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Sixers +14 (2 units to win 1) vs. Spurs - geez, I bought another few points today, must be a trend cause both of my games are bought up. Game spread sits either at 11 or 11.5 depending on where you look. Dalembert has been playing really well and might finally be matured enough to face Timmy D tonight. Andre Iguodala is the heart and soul of this team, and the Spurs will probably put Bruce Bowen on him to take him out of the game. Andre Miller is well equipped to make up for the slack and also handle Tony Parker. The Spurs faulted a bit a few games back against the Pistons, they might play down to the Sixers level tonight. Philly always throws a few surprises at the good teams throughout the season and look for another one tonight as they keep it close. Playing a team with basically nothing to lose is a scary thought for a high caliber team such as San Antonio. Really the only thing the Sixers can lose is a great pick in the next draft, I really wish they would start playing their young guys more to get some good chemistry for next year. They gotta trade Andre Miller too, maybe get a third 1st round pick or an expiring contract to build some cap room. Enough of my Sixers rant, good luck tonight!

12 Last