Bernval
    Bernval's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who are the best Cappers here?

This board is the BEST that I have seen. Good handicappers - very few big egos - no thrashers - ladies and gentlemen - great contests - what else could we want?

I have an idea I would like to thro out there.

Regarding basletball only.

I would like to find the best handicappers - in the opinion of those posters who have been here for a length of time. I think we all, and especially the newcomers (me being one), would benefit from this info.

It bothers me to read from a newcomer --" I got 2 bets today - can't miss - load up on these fellas - these 2 can't miss" -- now if they do win(and sometimes they do) some people might get feeling ballsy and load up on the newies next plays and the next and might get buried.

What I like better is to read from a "known" good capper that he likes, like in the Best Bet Thread and the daily parlay contest thread, these games.

What I would like to do is have a vote - from only those people here with 500 or more "posts" ---who they think are the best 3 cappers on this board. I think the results would have some merit. You can designate "NBA" or "college" if you feel they are best at one and not the other.

I will make a list showing the top vote getter's and post it after a good percentage of the eligable cappers cast their votes.

This is important part >>>> Voting should be done using the (PM) personnel message thingie - so as not to piss off or insult or hurt anyone's feelings. No voting for yourself - no thrashing -.

Let me know what you-all think of this idea -- and if you like it send me your ideas about what the list should be called, like for instance "Top Cappers" - or "Best Pickers" or something like that.

good luck to all.

Bernval <<<<< I approve of this thread.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Yeah, that would be a pretty cool thread. Ive only been here 2 weeks, so I really don't know. But this is a good idea.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

look at the daily best bets thread...most regulars post in there and you'll get an idea who's good or not...look in the 2 team parlay thread as well as write ups must be added to enter selections...over time you will see who's good...

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

ya u'll find some people in the best bets section who are + almost everyday for a few units.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

jj is a legend, possibly the best professional gambler ever some might say

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

JJGold hands down!

jeffries
    jeffries's Avatar Become A Pro!

whose JJGold

Danwahoo
    Danwahoo's Avatar Become A Pro!

A guy who is broke, might work for 400 a week at Jamaica. Possibly sueing SBR for $75k

some greatttt handicapper...

Bernval

What happened --??-- Did I open a can of worms??

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

haha some people like to look negatively...

Danwahoo
    Danwahoo's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesnt make sense to say the best/great/good/average handicapper is broke does it?

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

If you would've faded my picks in the past 3 days, you would've been up 22 Units, lol.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    JJGold hands down!

He's is in debt 50k. And I don't think he has a drug habit. He can't be the best capper.

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    look at the daily best bets thread...most regulars post in there and you'll get an idea who's good or not...look in the 2 team parlay thread as well as write ups must be added to enter selections...over time you will see who's good...
    The problem with those is you only see they result from the night before. 1 day really mean nothing for the true grinder.

WT.

Bernval

Who are the best cappers??

So this is where I stand now a couple of days after putting up the original plea for info.

PM"s received from posters with 500 or more posts --- zero.

2 posters (one with over 500) replied to thread with info on a capper who is regarded as the best here - and two people who say that that capper is in tap city. Actually I have only been here a few weeks and I have not seen his picks in these threads at all.

2 posters suggested, if we want to know who the best cappers are, that we should read the results of the "Best Bet and the Parlay of the Day' threads to see who the leaders are. I will go back and make a list of those who are consistently in the + on these threads.

Maybe I asked for too much info. -------------------------

How about if some of you could just pass along who you normally look for when wanting to see who the good plays are in someone else's opinion.

Good luck

Bernval >>>>>>>>>Go Pats - beat Packers

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Just go back thru Illusions NBA Best Bets, and you will find your answers. That way no one is put on the spot.

later

Bernval

Thank you C-Pig - I just did that - not easy to follow with many different posts for the results for the same day but I think I got a pretty good read onm them since the first of 2008.

This is mainly for the newbies here - you can put more trust in picks of those at the top of list.
    A- best
    B- very good
    C- good

-------
    A- LT Profits
    Big Orange Titans

B- Alrey
    Illusion

C- Onlooker
    Money Sports Guy
    Ballin
    Tab
    Buztah
    McRich
    Jefferies

This was a quick run-thru - not scientific - might have missed a few - please no cryin if you did not make the list.

If any of you think someone else belongs on the list - you can add in thread or PM me -

I will now try to keep track of these cappers to see who improves and who poops out.

I am going to the w/l records for the "Hoops Parlay Daily contest and will add them to the list.

Good luck to all

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

What's the point of this thread? It's all subjective imo, in the end 80% of posters on this board will have lost money over the long run.

McRich
    McRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

The challenge is on to move up to an A grade BABY!!!

Bernval

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    What's the point of this thread? It's all subjective imo, in the end 80% of posters on this board will have lost money over the long run.
    That is true my friend - what I was looking for and am attempting to share with other newbies here is some kind of value to reading what others are picking and not hooking up to someone is is hot" just" this week.
    Some cappers are better at this than others - it is good to know who the goodies are and who the dpgs are.

thanks for reading and replying

Bernval

Bernval

After checking the W/L records of those in the Parlay contest I see that there are a different set of players for each Thread.

I have added the top cappers from the Parlay contest to the List below from the Best Bet thread.
    --------------------------------------------------------

This is mainly for the newbies here - you can put more trust in picks of those at the top of list.

A- best
    B- very good
    C- good

-------
    A- LT Profits
    Big Orange Titans
    Durito 16-4
    The HG 19-5

B- Alrey
    Illusion
    Bigeric 10-4
    20Four7 17-8

C- Onlooker
    Money Sports Guy
    Ballin
    Tab
    Buztah
    McRich
    Jefferies
    USC Foofball 20-10
    Indy 62 12-6
    Manly 12-6
    IrishlumberJack 10-5

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

u'd hav to look at over the last like month just 2 get a decent idea. people mite b on hot streaks and some mite b on cold streaks but ya u got the rite idea

Bernval

Only 3 games to pic in NBA our cappers on the list mostly stayed away -

Using the cappers that did venture out there to make picks -- they were a combined 3-11 -- not a pretty site - but those were challanging games last night.

Better luck tonight

Bernval