bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Utah +125

Utah is 14-5 with Kirilenko in the line-up and the other day Coach Sloan, who doesn't say such things lightly, said he's playing the best basketball of his career. Plus they just got PG McLeod back who does a good job keeping the ball moving when the second unit is in. Also since this isnt' a back-to-back Harpring should play and he helps their depth.

On Washington's side there's only so many times you can give yourself the we-have-to-look-in-the-mirror speech before you just give up. I've been there. You know you're gonna get fired months before they fire you so you come in but you don't show up. The Wizards might be at that point. Jarad Jeffries was out last, and if he doesn't play again that would be a plus as he is the team's best defender.

I used +125 because it's available at Olympic, but it looks like this line might move toward Washington and I would hold out for a little better.

YTD +2.50

1/7 Minnesota +240 L -1.0
    1/6 Atlanta +285 W +2.85
    1/5 Houston +275 W +2.75
    ¼ Orlando +800 L -1.0
    1/3 Portland +2.5, 4Q L -1.1

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Utah too overall. But do you think there is a let down factor here. It seems all too often that after a big win (beating the Pistons), a team gets beat or plays poorly in their next game. Just a concern.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The team won't quit at all, as long as Kirilenko plays. My question about this game is what you said maritime, and that being the let down factor.

bookie

I agree the let-down factor should enter the equation. One of the reasons I like the dog moneyline is because I think such motivational factors become more managable to handicap. Let's say half the time there's a possible let-down factor it kicks in, and half not. That means when it does you're dead, and when it doesn't you've got the better team going at a price.

Let's not forget, too, that Washington actually won a game last out so there's a let down factor on their side too.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate to root against you bud, but I have the Wizards tonight.

bigboydan

bookie, after looking at this game very closely. i feel you are on the right side, and i will be riding your coat tails on this game tonight.

lets cash this ticket bro

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm in too. Go Utah.

Illusion

You guys will probably win because after being red hot, I'm in a serious shit streak right now. Best of luck to everybody.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call Bookie...I had Utah and the points.

Illusion

Nice one guys.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4675

Excellent play bookie, Utah ML. Keep the plays coming.

bookie

thanks for the encouragement...especially appreceate those who raise doubts about the pick...it's my idea that the write-ups might stimulate discussion...I can even imagine buying out of a play if somebody brings up something I hadn't thought about.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4675

Looks like the Wizards are the ones that had the let down in this game. They came out shooting the ball terrible. At one time in the first half they were like 29% from the field.

bigboydan

looks like we cashed fellas

lets keep it rolling tomorrow bookie !!!