HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Dont bet the Hawks Game 2

Just dont do it.

Why?? Why?? Why??

This team has shown no interest in being a great away team, and is shit for that reason.

This is a total mismatch for the Hawks, as they lack a Center. Too many jump shots makes this team unreliable on offense. Especially on the road.

Wait until game three. Hawks are the suicide bet Game 2
    Last edited by HoulihansTX; 05-05-10 at 02:42 AM.

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

I was thinking about taking the Magic again anyways

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I think the Magic are better

NBAStats
    NBAStats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

I'm going to fire big on the Hawks in game 2. Contrary to popular belief, Dwight Howard isn't the key to this series. The key is how the Hawks defend the perimeter players for the Magic. Bibby was awful in his 19 minutes, but yet still better than Jamal "nuttin but shots" Crawford. Look for Atlanta to double the ball more in game 2, and try to limit the dribble drive of Jameer and VC. If Atlanta shows good effort in defending the perimeter, they cover easily in Game 2 and have a shot to win it late in regulation.

Crnjak
    Crnjak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

hawks unclear...orlando big play or not?

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Magics will sweep!

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

How is Howard not the key to the series? He shut all that shit down on the defensive end, and opens everything up on the offense. These teams are so damn dumb trying to foul him out, it fuks up their offensive gamplan. They should just try to at least play their game.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Don't bet this hawks team on road games. Once they are behind 10 points, they just collapse like house of cards. They show no interest in playing hard on road.

vipers
    vipers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

agree

vipers
    vipers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

spurs or suns 2nite

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow
    WiseGrumpy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't know how the hell anyone could bet atl the first game, and who will the second ...
    Magic are by far the best team so far in the playoffs and with SuperMan dominating again it's even easier ... atl are no match.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

What's the line that you expect the breaking point to be?

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGrumpy View Post
    I really don't know how the hell anyone could bet atl the first game, and who will the second ...
    Magic are by far the best team so far in the playoffs and with SuperMan dominating again it's even easier ... atl are no match.
    i bet them last night , i want punch my self with an ice pick, to think those pussies had any heart , fukk fukk fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, oh well move on to today

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Houl,

The key to the Hawks success will be taking jump shots this series. They're not going to get much in the paint so long as Dwight is sittin back there. Anyone of the Hawks perimeter plays can take any one of the Magic's perim defenders off the dribble, and should be pullin up from about 15- they're all great jump shooters.

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

I'm just pissed I didn't put more on the Magic last night. I kept thinking today that these kind of opportunities don't come along that often.
    Now I see that the line for game 2 is again -9.
    I think I'll ride with Orlando again in game 2.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

they will only lose by like 15 2morrow night and that's a lock, good day

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Houl,

The key to the Hawks success will be taking jump shots this series. They're not going to get much in the paint so long as Dwight is sittin back there. Anyone of the Hawks perimeter plays can take any one of the Magic's perim defenders off the dribble, and should be pullin up from about 15- they're all great jump shooters.
    I don't think the Hawks can hit the mid range consistently. Joe Johnson is in a slump, Bibby looked off and Crawford's game is inside/out and you can't get in the paint with Howard roaming like a giant free safety. This is a horrible matchup for Atlanta. They are really a poor shooting team and have to get to the paint just like Charlotte but Howard is a beast. He's not going to foul out in Orlando so ATL is fukked.

Plus the Magic can really shoot the rock. I normally say that jump shooting teams will eventually have poor shooting nights but all of these guys can shoot. It freaking unreal to see the high FG% these guys shoot. Pick your poison. They pass so well that guys are always open. You can't double team anyone because they will find the open man. Unless several of these guys go into a shooting slump, I don't see them not covering. This is another 20+ beatdown.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

i got hawks +9.5.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't think the Hawks can hit the mid range consistently. Joe Johnson is in a slump, Bibby looked off and Crawford's game is inside/out and you can't get in the paint with Howard roaming like a giant free safety. This is a horrible matchup for Atlanta. They are really a poor shooting team and have to get to the paint just like Charlotte but Howard is a beast. He's not going to foul out in Orlando so ATL is fukked.

Plus the Magic can really shoot the rock. I normally say that jump shooting teams will eventually have poor shooting nights but all of these guys can shoot. It freaking unreal to see the high FG% these guys shoot. Pick your poison. They pass so well that guys are always open. You can't double team anyone because they will find the open man. Unless several of these guys go into a shooting slump, I don't see them not covering. This is another 20+ beatdown.
    The only reason the Magic get those Jump Shots is cause of Dwight. The only other people that can really draw a double when he's hot is Carter. Nelson can take any smaller guard off the dribble but will get shit on buy bigger pgs like westbrook and chauncey.

Anyone one of Marvin Willams, JJ (hes a top 12 player he'll be effective scoring or not scoring), and Jamal crawford are all one on one ballers. They can take any of barns, Carter off the dribble. And they are great jump shooters. when you play ball and your playin against a big man you dont drive straight to the rim unless you got numbers you need to play pick n roll, move the ball, and give joe some staright isos he can rise anytime over barnes.

lets see if woodson can figure this out that idiot. we should call him ourselves.

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Magic roll!

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

i think ORL covers too.

ParlayKing
    ParlayKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

in game one i noticed atl putting so much effort in guarding howard in paint they totally forgot to guard orl's perimeter shooters... just dropping my two cents on this match up

uknowwho
    uknowwho's Avatar Become A Pro!

lots of strong opinions on how the game is played in this thread. Would anyone care to share their basketball credentials ( played at the college level, asst coach for the globetrotters, etc.). Just don't know who to believe everyone sounds so convincing.

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by uknowwho View Post
    lots of strong opinions on how the game is played in this thread. Would anyone care to share their basketball credentials ( played at the college level, asst coach for the globetrotters, etc.). Just don't know who to believe everyone sounds so convincing.
    Believe in yourself

Papaya941
    Arizona Loves Mexicans
    Papaya941's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i got hawks +9.5.
    Bad idea.. only thing that happens in game two is the over under goes up and hits the OVER.. Orlando wins by 20-15

S.K.M.
    S.K.M.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

No zig-zag Houli?

uknowwho
    uknowwho's Avatar Become A Pro!

how come the regs from the think tank don't post in the handicapping section and vice versa? would sure like to know what those guys think about this game. or maybe they just use a different name.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Hawks are the suicide bet Game 2

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

one thing that worries me is that hopefully DAVID SPERM don't pull some shit to let the hawks cover

Cid
    Cid's Avatar Become A Pro!

orlando -9 all the way.I also like the under because atlanta won´t score more than 80s.Seems to be another 4-0 for the magics

sexmann
    sexmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10562

im big on orlando-9!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

this series is a mismatch. lay the points again tonight.

makemerich
    makemerich's Avatar Become A Pro!

orlando def tonight. atl is not even close.

ballinynot
    ballinynot's Avatar Become A Pro!

atl wil adjust +9 and over 189

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by uknowwho View Post
    Well me and Shoe were both junior assistant coaches at Marquette for a bit after we graduated from there. And that guy Williams22, I can't give out his name, but he balled for USC a few years back, he was quite a baller

12 Last