Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cleveland/Houston U 195

Cleveland seems to have figured out that defense is the key to winning consistantly in the NBA (see Spurs and Pistons). They have gone under 5 straight and now they get the Rockets who usually have trouble breaking 90. Rockets also are coming off their highest scoring game but it was against crummy Bullets. Not likely Houstons crew of brick layers (Magrady not included) can put together two big offensive games in a row.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was eyeing this one also, but with the total moving up, figured I'd keep waiting.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i haven't even capped the NBA in the past week, due the college bowl games. but, i was gonna jump back in the mid tonight though, so i'll check this game out myself rich.

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I was eyeing this one also, but with the total moving up, figured I'd keep waiting.
    You got the right idea Razz..my books did not have lines up last night so I am not down on it just yet. We are so used to watching Cleveland post high totals at home that it would not suprise me to see this line settle around 197 or 198. Last night the Cleveland/Mil game total opened at 203 but closed at 206...final score 175!

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Most books have it at 191

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    Most books have it at 191
    I got the 195 off statfox last night. Shows you how little I know. Trend for Cleveland says it goes under and Houston is the right time to help that trend continue one more time. Hold your nose and play the under.
    Last edited by Alamorich; 01-05-06 at 10:51 AM. Reason: number should be 195

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1048

When 195 was posted the Hughes injury hadn't been released and it and Cleveland's performance in Milwaukee without him caused the drift down.

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Quote Originally Posted by Alamorich
    I got the 195 off statfox last night. Shows you how little I know. Trend for Cleveland says it goes under and Houston is the right time to help that trend continue one more time. Hold your nose and play the under.
    Nice Call hit it pretty good,wish I would have play houston on the ML

Alamorich

Tough to play against Cleveland at home and Houston is a real tricky team to play against the spread. Don't ya love to play unders! You cheer every turn over, every airball is a delight, traveling calls give you goose bumps.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice job tonight Alamo.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

always nice having a non-sweater type winner

Alamorich

I could only watch a couple of minutes of that game. You could tell after 5 minutes that it was going to a brick chunking contest.