OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    funny thing about hoops, if you are aggressive and drive the ball to the rack you tend to get calls, while if you take off balance fade away jumpers odds are you not getting many free throws, hardly a conspiracy as anyone who knows the game knows this
    oh rly? funny there are many players in the nba who drive to the basket aggressively all day long, and yet somehow I do not see them get half as many calls as D. Wade

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not saying its necessarily rigged or anything, in fact I think the nba is NOT rigged. But for whatever reason the refs where extremely quick to give wade everything in that series.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Jason Kidd is the reason Dallas lost this series.
    Jason Kidds +/- rating was +1 tonight. Marion +2 and Dampier +12.

Dirk was -16... The worst on the team

Kidd's efficiency rating for the series was overall better than Dirks. Kidd's not the reason they lost the series. They all were inconsistent. Which brings up a point. Dirk is suppose to be the leader on the team so how does your best player have +/- ratings in the negative most games in this series? -16 I think twice and a -10 I believe. Those are horrible numbers. Don't get sidetracked by his scoring. What's he doing overall? How many times has Lebron been in the negative? I can't remember the last game he was.

Bottom line: Dirk in the game and they are worst off as a team. Hard to explain. Now that doesn't explain total personnel but it's something to consider.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    I'm not saying its necessarily rigged or anything, in fact I think the nba is NOT rigged. But for whatever reason the refs where extremely quick to give wade everything in that series.
    I agree Wade got a lot of calls that series but he was driving to the hole. Plus he's good at attacking the rim which refs will give stars the benefit of the doubt. Miami was clearly the tougher team and their physicality clearly flustered Dirk.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

All they need is d Wade

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You've lost your mind... Dirk is soft as Egyptian cotton. He's built for the regular season but can't do shit in the playoffs. How many 1st round exits does this now make? 3 of the last 4 years. This is the first time in NBA history a #7 won the series. I'm not going to waste space listing guys better than Dirk. He can't rebound, plays zero defense, bogs down the offense, can't dish dimes. All Dirk can do is shoot a fade away jumper. There's more to the game then shooting over guys just because your tall. How about taking over on the defensive end? How about getting a steal every blue moon? How about getting a rebound.
    y is it ok for jason kidd to just pass the ball and never ever develop a jumpshot but dirk is shitted on for being a scorer?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dirk takes way to many outside shots and lots are bad shots, cannot defend well and a lousy passer. It's time to trade him, that guard on Dallas I never heard of seemed liked their best player. He just getting to the hole and putting presure in Defense.

jsmithj88

you are putting words in my mouth i didnt say your whole list was losers, i clearly said Tmac is a loser and then you came back telling me he is one of the top playoff performers of all time (which is a fukkin joke)...true ballers play D, true ballers do more than take jump shots and flop, true ballers carry there team, true ballers find ways to win, Dirk does none of those things, his time has came and past and he has went as far as he ever will...far as Allen and Pierce (more you putting words in my mouth) but Pierce always been a baller Allen not so much, and really not sure how you decided to throw AI in? that guy was a warrior, if Dirk had half the heart of AI he would have already won something
    how has pierce always been a "baller"? wat did he accomplish before KG and allen???
    he would be in the list of best players to never win a title if KG and allen werent on his team

i hope ur not serious about the AI comment. AI was prolly one of the biggest frauds in the NBA.

S.K.M.
    S.K.M.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    how has pierce always been a "baller"? wat did he accomplish before KG and allen???
    he would be in the list of best players to never win a title if KG and allen werent on his team

i hope ur not serious about the AI comment. AI was prolly one of the biggest frauds in the NBA.
    Are you serious? In three pages of posts this is the worst one I read! Pierce single handedly carried boston to the eastern conference finals on a team that had nobody. You can say what you want about AI but when it was game time he gave it 100%. I don't necessarily like Pierce or AI but they are/were both great players.

T Mac is a bum. Plain and simple. Who gives a fukk how many points you score when you can't win. He made his teams worse. There is a reason he never made it out of the first round. Why did it seem that all those years in Houston whenever he would get hurt they would play better without him

I am a diehard spurs fan and I hate the Mavs but I still think Dirk is a great player. Anyone who watched or followed that Spurs/Mavs series in '06 knows how great he is. That said, he doesn't do enough to win. The points about rebounding, defense, passing, etc. are all valid points.

Also to blame the Mavs loss on a single player (Dirk or Kidd or whoever) is just dumb. The Spurs were better and tougher all around at every position. You can't throw blame on one guy. Spurs are the better team simple as that.

jsmithj88

i think the big problem with the mavs is that they are a fast break and a perimeter team
    does any1 on the team drive to the hoop?
    dirk, terry, butler, kidd, they are all jump shooters
    u look at the spurs, duncun is a low post player, manu is a slasher, parker is a slasher
    thats why the lakers will always be good as long as they have 3 great low post options in bynum, gasol and odom

jjgold

TMAC is one of the biggest losers in nba history, I think Anthony is going to follow along those lines too. Both great talents but loser personalities and attitudes that are not real competitive and can care less if they win or lose..

Dirk is just a jump shooter and it is proven year after year you cannot win with guys like this.

hockeyman30304
    hockeyman30304's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

lmao funny stuff and true

blanda
    blanda's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 580

Dirk will win at least one championship before all is said and done...it might not be with the Mavs.

jgiun1
    jgiun1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

It's obvious that Dirk is surrounded by losers...........he's still good

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

not sure why im even wasting my time with this comment but here it goes, 1st Pierce lead shit team after shit team to more wins than they would have ever had w/o him, the guy has always been a great, clutch, big time performer.....Far as the AI comments i dont give a shit if you "like" the guy or not if your trying to tell me he didnt play with more toughness and heart than about any player ever it obvious you no little to nothing(if that) not to many 6 foot nothings go to the hole with reckless abandon with no concern for there body like AI did and yes if big pussy Dirk had half the heart of AI he would be a champion...

jjgold

Dirk has no heart
    just a sellfish player
    Most Euros are not winners

krazey47409
    disabledcantpostorpm yyyyyy?????
    krazey47409's Avatar Become A Pro!

funny thing about hoops is the shit is ****in rigged you drive and a guy swings his arms around and you get free throws another player does the samething and dont get free throws lebron use to be my fav player before i seen what he did with ball boy but that mtoha fuker gets all the calls everytime he drives they give him freethrows and he still cant shoot them we gonna c what he really made of c if he can get the chip this year or if he folds under pressure c if he a true champ

jgiun1

Then add the fact they let that no skilled, loser Barea run the court numerous games and take minutes away from real players.......I think, the Coach has no heart and is a loser

jgiun1

everytime I seen him in....I cringed.....he makes JJ. Redick look like Jordan

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

i caught pti a couple of days back and they had charles barkley on their good five minutes segment.

They discussed Dirk extensively, and Chuck said it right, Dirk lacks the toughness to win a championship. The Mavs had to trade to bring in some toughness, dallas knew the window was closing, and it has probably closed for good with Dirk at the helm.

Shame really, great talent but no heart and toughness. He will be remembered mostly for not winning it all.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

TMac is a whore! If he stayed with his talented cousin vince in Toronto, he could have actually moved on to the 2nd round. We are truly a sad franchise! We could have used him!

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    TMAC is one of the biggest losers in nba history, I think Anthony is going to follow along those lines too. Both great talents but loser personalities and attitudes that are not real competitive and can care less if they win or lose..

Dirk is just a jump shooter and it is proven year after year you cannot win with guys like this.
    I can't bundle Anthony with TMac. At least Carmelo plays hurt. TMac tried to find ways to sit out games his entire career. He missed at least a third of his starts because his tampons were bloody.

jsmithj88

not sure why im even wasting my time with this comment but here it goes, 1st Pierce lead shit team after shit team to more wins than they would have ever had w/o him, the guy has always been a great, clutch, big time performer.....Far as the AI comments i dont give a shit if you "like" the guy or not if your trying to tell me he didnt play with more toughness and heart than about any player ever it obvious you no little to nothing(if that) not to many 6 foot nothings go to the hole with reckless abandon with no concern for there body like AI did and yes if big pussy Dirk had half the heart of AI he would be a champion...
    pierce was an allstar, ur making him sound like he was a superstar which he is not. wat exactly did he accomplish again without KG and allen, nothing. best result is getting to the eastern finals.

as far as AI, he was my favorite player for a long long time. but he is a fraud. he only plays the way he wants to play which is streetball, crossing people over and taking on 5 defenders etc. AI was fearless taking it to the hoop but he was a waste of talent. he never improved his game. look where he is when he isnt quicker than every1 else, hes nothing. u wouldnt want him mentoring any young players, too small to guard any1, shoots a poor %, poor work ethic, etc etc.
    ur gonna talk about dirk having AI's heart? how many teams has AI quit on now? lets see, pistons, memphis, and then the sixers.
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 05-01-10 at 01:30 AM.

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dirk takes way to many outside shots and lots are bad shots, cannot defend well and a lousy passer. It's time to trade him, that guard on Dallas I never heard of seemed liked their best player. He just getting to the hole and putting presure in Defense.
    Nothing wrong with shooting from the outside. Whatever's your best shot, you take it. Dirk shoots from the outside better than most guards.

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

And "that guard on Dallas", Butler, has been a disappointment all year with the exception of that one game.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

You just answered your own question. If your on a list of some of the greatest players to not win a championship, your a fvckin baller homie. Iceman was a baller, Malone was a baller, Stockton was a baller. Who the f\*\*k said Ray Allen ain't a baller? He's the best pure shooter in ever with R.Miller, averaged 27 a game when he was like 31 years old...

So is Grant Hill a little biatch too because this was the first year in his what 14 year career that he got passed the first round? The guy nearly averaged a tripple double one season he had like 21 10 and 7 1 year and similar numbers others. Grant is a winner, he just always played with shit teams- same thing with Tmac. Year after year, he carried the shittiest teams to the playoffs. And sorry S.K.M. but he shit on your whole Spurs team in 30 secs. He is the only player to single handedly beat a team after his team was down by like 10 with 30 secs to go. Impossible...Your boy Pop and Duncan were fvcking speechless, i'll never forget that performance, no one will.

BTW, for those that think AI sucks- the Philly team AI took to the finals that 1 year was the worst finals team in NBA history. Go look at that roster and you will laugh.

S.K.M.
    S.K.M.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

That was a great performance by TMAC against the spurs. No one is arguing that. Who cares though it was a regular season game in december. Im sure he would rather win atleast one playoff series. It ain't that hard to get out of the first round. 8 teams do it every year...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Dirk is a top 6 player in the league. Teams would die to have a player like dirk. Dallas will not go after Wade. Dallas' problems lie in their pg, Jason Kidd, he's weak defensively and guys like Parker have given him a hard time throughout his whole career. Dirk carried the Mavs to the finals that one year.

Moving Dirk out of Dallas is like moving Nash out of PHX. Any of those moves will finish your franchise for at least 5 years until the next superstar develops. These teams are trying to contend now, not rebuild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You've lost your mind... Dirk is soft as Egyptian cotton. He's built for the regular season but can't do shit in the playoffs. How many 1st round exits does this now make? 3 of the last 4 years. This is the first time in NBA history a #7 won the series. I'm not going to waste space listing guys better than Dirk. He can't rebound, plays zero defense, bogs down the offense, can't dish dimes. All Dirk can do is shoot a fade away jumper. There's more to the game then shooting over guys just because your tall. How about taking over on the defensive end? How about getting a steal every blue moon? How about getting a rebound.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Great debate going here. Alot of good insight. Mac4lyfe, you really have a good handle on things.
    Wanna bump all my shit when I'm wrong I'll do the same for you. I'm gonna purposely rub it in Mac and Lyon when Miami wins this year for creating a thread every time miami lost a regular season game like it was the end of the world

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

you fuukin bald,2.5pecker, crooked teeth,13 years old girls chasin loser STFU you dumbfuuk Dirk is god
    All he has done his whole career is lose Its time to say goodbye to him, Dallas cannot even come close to winning with him

jjgold

He won nothing yet
    If he loses next round another failure

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

JJ....this is just another reason why I need to slap the shit out of you live on Sbr.tv

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Dallas (loser Dirk) vs. Chicago (non-dominant D. Rose) - book it. jjgold special.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Dirk close to a ring.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

All he has done his whole career is lose

Its time to say goodbye to him, Dallas cannot even come close to winning with him

First 12345 Last