Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Shhh, the Cavs are a F'n problem

I posted the same thing about a year ago and they proceeded to get injured one by one, limped into the playoffs and got bounced. So please don't say this too loud but the Cavs are on a nice win streak and blowing teams out by 20+ a night. They seemed to have gotten better once Garland and Mobley went down with injury. The ball is moving very well and they have a lot of 3 point shooters. Their defense is swarming and lock down. Back to back games vs the Bucks on Wed and Friday will really show who they're made of but right now They are covering fools. They've only not had a lead like 35 seconds total in the last 8 games. They are winning wire to wire in beat downs. Donovan Mitchell is MUST SEE tv. The guy is an incredible watch.

The Bucks should be highly pissed with the 40+ point beat down the Cavs put on them last week. Let's see these 2 games coming up.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Macker what's good ??

homie1975

get in the stocks and bitcoin threads, let's make some CASH
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave homie1975 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Hey Homie. How you been? Happy New Year. Been traveling the world loving life. Stocks kicking ass. Nvidia is up like x1,000 since I first mentioned it here. I'm still hodling all my crypto. I'll look at them in 2027.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

I 'm shocked to hear you say that, Mac. Shocked!

Just teasing, bro.

They're pretty good. I actually think Indiana is more dangerous when healthy.

Just too many good teams in the East ahead of them. Boston, Mil, Philly, and also Indiana IMO.

But I hope they make some playoff noise.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave d2bets 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

The last time the Cavs advanced past the 1st round of the playoffs without LeBron was 1993; don't get your hopes up.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave DrunkHorseplayer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I posted the same thing about a year ago and they proceeded to get injured one by one, limped into the playoffs and got bounced. So please don't say this too loud but the Cavs are on a nice win streak and blowing teams out by 20+ a night. They seemed to have gotten better once Garland and Mobley went down with injury. The ball is moving very well and they have a lot of 3 point shooters. Their defense is swarming and lock down. Back to back games vs the Bucks on Wed and Friday will really show who they're made of but right now They are covering fools. They've only not had a lead like 35 seconds total in the last 8 games. They are winning wire to wire in beat downs. Donovan Mitchell is MUST SEE tv. The guy is an incredible watch.

The Bucks should be highly pissed with the 40+ point beat down the Cavs put on them last week. Let's see these 2 games coming up.
    Mac what do think of scary Terry to the Heat Culture?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    Mac what do think of scary Terry to the Heat Culture?
    Fantastic pickup for the Heat. He can take some pressure off of Butler by getting to the rim and scoring the ball. The East is a beast.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47541

Just like the Browns were a problem...

These homer threads rarely end well.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I 'm shocked to hear you say that, Mac. Shocked!

Just teasing, bro.

They're pretty good. I actually think Indiana is more dangerous when healthy.

Just too many good teams in the East ahead of them. Boston, Mil, Philly, and also Indiana IMO.

But I hope they make some playoff noise.
    I agree, the East is so damn good. The Cavs are young. I'm not sure they're built for the playoffs but this is the 3rd straight year where they are covering lines in December and January. Hopefully the wheels won't fall off like the past 2 years.

And of course, as soon as I create this thread. Tristan Thompson gets popped/suspended for a month for PEDs.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Meanwhile Embiid put up 70 last night

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

Injuries have devastated the Cavs and Browns. City is cursed.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

Fantastic pickup for the Heat. He can take some pressure off of Butler by getting to the rim and scoring the ball. The East is a beast.
    I think so too. If you look at his numbers and Lillard’s they’re identical this season.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave bjb7223 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    But still struggled with the Spurs. Anthony Towns had like 48 in the first half and dropped 62 points and they LOST. Usually when you get guys scoring these huge numbers, the team may struggle because everyone else is standing around and watching.

JAKEPEAVY21

Injuries have devastated the Cavs and Browns. City is cursed.
    Not as bad as San Diego pro teams...or nowadays team

I will most likely die without ever winning a championship....you did get one with the Cavs

Miocic was also UFC heavyweight champ for a bit hailing from Cleveland

Mac4Lyfe

Not as bad as San Diego pro teams...or nowadays team

I will most likely die without ever winning a championship....you did get one with the Cavs

Miocic was also UFC heavyweight champ for a bit hailing from Cleveland
    Yeah, Diego has had terrible luck with professional teams. Would you still consider the Clippers as a San Diego team? I think this Clippers team has a great chance of winning a title if they can stay healthy.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Incredible night. Looking forward to May and June

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

But still struggled with the Spurs. Anthony Towns had like 48 in the first half and dropped 62 points and they LOST. Usually when you get guys scoring these huge numbers, the team may struggle because everyone else is standing around and watching.
    Struggled were toying with this team. Love this Sixers team especially with the added height

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1730

I think if Campy Russell and Bingo Smith can play to their capabilities, the Cavs could make a run this year

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30455

I agree, the East is so damn good. The Cavs are young. I'm not sure they're built for the playoffs but this is the 3rd straight year where they are covering lines in December and January. Hopefully the wheels won't fall off like the past 2 years.

And of course, as soon as I create this thread. Tristan Thompson gets popped/suspended for a month for PEDs.
    The West is much better than the East

East very top heavy with 3 really good teams Boston, Milwaukee and Phila... I would even say Knicks are right there too so 4 really good teams. Cavs and Heat are a class below. Everyone else terrible or too young (Indy and Orlando)

West has 2 legit newcomers at the top Minny and OKC then Denver defending champs, Clippers with 4 HOF'ers, Suns right there too with their big 3. Then still got Pelicans, Kings and Mavs that are just as good if not better than Cavs/Heat. And that's not even including Lakers and Warriors who could in theory turn it up at any time and Memphis who would be up there with the top 5 teams in the West if everyone on their team didn't get injured

West is much better

JAKEPEAVY21

Yeah, Diego has had terrible luck with professional teams. Would you still consider the Clippers as a San Diego team? I think this Clippers team has a great chance of winning a title if they can stay healthy.
    No, I do not consider Clippers an SD team. Nor do I consider the Chargers an SD team anymore. Do you consider the Ravens a Cleveland team? Once they bail the city, good riddance IMHO.

The Padres are the last man standing now.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

No, I do not consider Clippers an SD team. Nor do I consider the Chargers an SD team anymore. Do you consider the Ravens a Cleveland team? Once they bail the city, good riddance IMHO
    The Padres are the last man standing now.
    I think it's a little different for SD because you didn't get another team. A lot of Browns fans rooted for the Ravens until the Browns came back. I damn sure didn't because I hated Art Modell. Also the Clippers are still a drive away. A little long drive but You can still go to some games if you wanted to. It's sort of like the Raiders. It's a bit conflicting if you're from Oakland. It does hurt though.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    The West is much better than the East

East very top heavy with 3 really good teams Boston, Milwaukee and Phila... I would even say Knicks are right there too so 4 really good teams. Cavs and Heat are a class below. Everyone else terrible or too young (Indy and Orlando)

West has 2 legit newcomers at the top Minny and OKC then Denver defending champs, Clippers with 4 HOF'ers, Suns right there too with their big 3. Then still got Pelicans, Kings and Mavs that are just as good if not better than Cavs/Heat. And that's not even including Lakers and Warriors who could in theory turn it up at any time and Memphis who would be up there with the top 5 teams in the West if everyone on their team didn't get injured

West is much better
    How many teams can actually win a title? Minny and OKC have ZERO CHANCE of winning a title. Just because they lead the West right now, does not mean they can win a title. Denver and the Clippers are really the only viable teams that could win a title and that's if LAC can stay healthy which they cannot. Boston, Milwaukee, Philly, and Miami, all could win a title. Denver got very lucky getting Miami, who was a perfect matchup for them. If they played Boston, Milwaukee or Philly, they would have lost.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Incredible night. Looking forward to May and June
    Amazing.

JAKEPEAVY21

I think it's a little different for SD because you didn't get another team. A lot of Browns fans rooted for the Ravens until the Browns came back. I damn sure didn't because I hated Art Modell. Also the Clippers are still a drive away. A little long drive but You can still go to some games if you wanted to. It's sort of like the Raiders. It's a bit conflicting if you're from Oakland. It does hurt though.
    I feel the same about Dean Spanos and the Spanos family...

There are other factors as well....I can't and won't ever back an LA team

It never made any sense for that team to move to that city(other than money)...Raiders played in LA and are in same division as the Chargers, they were never going to be welcomed to that city as well as losing many loyal fans from San Diego. The commissioner should have been fired for allowing the move as the Chargers are at a severe competitive advantage with no real home games(every "home" game is really an away game since they have no local fan support)...

All that said, Dean Spanos deserves every hardship they have been through since the move...
    Points Awarded:

homie1975

fukk the cavs

let's talk Stocks and BTC Macker

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Hey man.
    How bad are the floods down there?

Mac4Lyfe

I feel the same about Dean Spanos and the Spanos family...

There are other factors as well....I can't and won't ever back an LA team

It never made any sense for that team to move to that city(other than money)...Raiders played in LA and are in same division as the Chargers, they were never going to be welcomed to that city as well as losing many loyal fans from San Diego. The commissioner should have been fired for allowing the move as the Chargers are at a severe competitive advantage with no real home games(every "home" game is really an away game since they have no local fan support)...
    All that said, Dean Spanos deserves every hardship they have been through since the move...
    Facts...

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Hey man.
    How bad are the floods down there?
    Really bad all over the city, a state of emergency has been declared.

There are areas around the city that always flood when it rains heavily but this one was way worse than I have ever seen.

More rain on the forecast next week, hopefully not nearly as bad.

stevenash

^
    Stay safe and dry bud.

I was watching the reports of the flooding on one of the news outlets the other day and I thought about the couple of online friends from SD I know.

Looks brutal.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Trading half team soon

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Stay safe and dry bud.

I was watching the reports of the flooding on one of the news outlets the other day and I thought about the couple of online friends from SD I know.

Looks brutal.
    Appreciate that, nasher....

Thankfully most everyone I know and myself was not affected too badly. Some water did get inside my sister's house but thankfully not much damage was done. She actually had like 40-50k worth of damage a few years ago with heavy rain and water damage. I'm fortunate that I live on a hill so the water flows down to lower ground but many were not as fortunate. At least one area is going to sue the city for negligence and not keeping up with cleaning the drains etc.

Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    fukk the cavs
    let's talk Stocks and BTC Macker
    I love AMD and META going into earnings next week. Pick a bunch up now and Monday and sell back on Thursday. Then buy back the following Monday. Next week should be pretty large for Tech. I'm still very long NVDA. They will again have blowout earnings mid February.

Mac4Lyfe

I would also add Novo Nordisk NVO. They can't keep their weight loss drugs on the shelves. No way for it to go long term but up, up, up.

stevenash

It'll be the Allen and Mitchell show tonight.

1234 ... Last