IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Zubac just out-rebounded Turner 29-5

Added 31pts for good measure.

Turner thinks he's a DPOY candidate.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1028

clips are a scary bunch if they can get a healthy kawhi. george also with a hamstring issue

for all team it's about health of course. though moreso for clip. report is they are saving these guys for the postseason, who knows if true

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    clips are a scary bunch if they can get a healthy kawhi. george also with a hamstring issue

for all team it's about health of course. though moreso for clip. report is they are saving these guys for the postseason, who knows if true
    Leonard has series knee issues. I think everyone else is OK but without him it's a non-starter.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Leonard has series knee issues. I think everyone else is OK but without him it's a non-starter.
    He had a partially torn acl? I had 2 one on each knee. It took me 6 months to start playing again, 9 months to feel good about it. Kawhi quoted as saying everyone thinks it takes a year, but in reality it takes 2 years. What's reality is you get it fixed. Both times I had patellar tendon repair that was the technology back then, over 20 years ago. Take a slice out of your kneecap tendon and nail it to where your acl is. It was done by a doctor for the Bullets. I think maybe this guy never got the right surgery cause he's f'ed in the head, but I don't know maybe only he knows.

Welcome to today's day and age. Players protest and get "load management". Obviously Ben Simmons another candidate for p7ssy of the year.

budwiser

After "sore knee" Ben Simmons played us for fools, I'd take Turner straight up but there is 0 chance of that happening. No way Indiana would do that.

budwiser

Compare this to football. A guy can break his leg they cart him off and keep playing. They say every player in the league who starts who doesn't deal with pain over the year. And few of these NFL guys have guaranteed contracts.

The Alliance of American Football expanded a few years ago, and without warning they just stopped. nobody got a paycheck nothing. You tear your ACL so what it's on you. Go apply for a job.

budwiser

These guys like to protest about racism and all that. How many of these guys who are making tens of million$ are helping the black community after playing basketball. Granted LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson.

It goes for everyone. Curt Schilling made a fortune it didn't take him long to destroy his fortune over a video game company. You can't make this up. ESPN has a 30 for 30 about athletes losing fortunes.

I always said generally the dumber you are the better you are at sports. Few agree with me enough proof is there that it's at least debatable.

budwiser

From reports they tried to repair his ACL. You don't repair an ACL. If that's what they tried to do no wonder the guy isn't 100%. You have to put in a new ACL. It's like a tug of war with a broken rope, you're not going to win that battle.

IBetYou

From reports they tried to repair his ACL. You don't repair an ACL. If that's what they tried to do no wonder the guy isn't 100%. You have to put in a new ACL. It's like a tug of war with a broken rope, you're not going to win that battle.
    It's a big deal. THey thought he'd be good to go this season. Hasn't happened.

IBetYou

Zubac goes against the Bosnian Beast tonight. I'm not a fan of either one. Both too slow. If they could add a 3pt shot to their arsenal that would be a game changer.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Ironic.
    I just put in a small 40 dollar prop bet Zubac OVER 11.5 boards @+104 odds, twenty minutes before I opened this thread.

budwiser

It's a big deal. THey thought he'd be good to go this season. Hasn't happened.
    If he wants to come back he should do prp treatment. A lot of pros and going to that. I know all about a torn acl, you're going fine and then "boom" there it buckles. And you never want to come back in the game, and people wonder what the h ell is wrong with you.

IBetYou

If he wants to come back he should do prp treatment. A lot of pros and going to that. I know all about a torn acl, you're going fine and then "boom" there it buckles. And you never want to come back in the game, and people wonder what the h ell is wrong with you.
    How did you tear your ACL twice? Did you play college ball?

budwiser

How did you tear your ACL twice? Did you play college ball?
    one leg soccer other leg basketball. maybe it's genetic

got the patellar tendon "gold standard" back then, never had an acl problem since though it was supposed to last 10 years or so.

i'm sure you're interested in the basketball one. I was in one of these street games that go faster, as the white guy i didn't belong it's like your on another planet playing with these guys. so i get the ball and i'm holding it up, a guy grabs my wrist instead of the ball, and i hold on with one leg trying to keep him from getting it but he pulled my wrist and lucky him he got the ball. that game was an accident waiting to happen, the speed doesn't belong on planet earth. or at least my version of earth. lol Knee swelled up, saw the doc, doc fixed it no big deal in the end

IBetYou

lol

IBetYou

Meanwhile TNT Tuesday a tale of stardom. Mavs topple the champs with the big star showing out. Blazers blow a big lead with the young pretender Simons sputtering. Clippers are a resourceful team -they have a lot of talent but obviously not title hopes if Leonard doesn't suit up in May/ June.

budwiser

played probly in about 400 basketball games, i have never played in a game like that. i wasn't a slow guy by any means either

played with rashard griffith and michael finley i guess that's my only claim to fame lol. nobody knows who rashard griffith is but back in the day stu jackson was supposed to be the guy and got his big recruit

stuff nobody cares about i figured i'd never mention to anyone ever again lol

IBetYou

Rashard Griffith rings a bell! Had a career in Europe I think. Interesting... I guess it gives you a minor advantage over those who've never played at that level.

IBetYou

Imagine getting drafted by an NBA team and turning them down because you didn't like the contract...

Professional career[edit]

The Milwaukee Bucks made Griffith the 38th overall selection in the 1995 NBA draft. Though he attended summer training camp and was in Milwaukee for individual workouts over the years, Griffith was never able to come to a contract agreement with the team.[6][7]
    Spurning the NBA for a larger contract, Griffith signed to play with Tofaş Bursa in Turkey. He helped the club reach the 1997 Korać Cup final against Aris. Tofas won back-to-back Turkish League titles in 1999 and 2000 during Griffith's second stint. After five years in Turkish and Israeli leagues, Griffith moved to Italian League power Kinder Bologna. There he earned a spot on the All-Euroleague second team during the Euroleague 2000-01 season playing alongside Manu Ginóbili, Marko Jarić and Antoine Rigaudeau. Kinder Bologna won the Triple Crown in Basketball the same year.
    After his success in Europe, the Orlando Magic acquired Griffith's draft rights in a trade during the 2002 NBA draft with the intent of adding him to their roster,[8][9] but Griffith never played in the NBA.
    He has also played for Maccabi Tel Aviv in Israel, Tau Cerámica, Tenerife and Calpe in Spain, Lottomatica Roma in Italy and Capitanes de Arecibo in Puerto Rico. He won the 1998 Israeli League with Maccabi and the 2005 Puerto Rican League with Arecibo.
    The final club for Griffith was Romanian CSU Asesoft Ploiesti.[10] In 2010, he retired.

budwiser

Rashard Griffith rings a bell! Had a career in Europe I think. Interesting... I guess it gives you a minor advantage over those who've never played at that level.
    yeah you got it. i'll never forget the disappointed look he had at me when i took a shot instead of passing him the ball

budwiser

Imagine getting drafted by an NBA team and turning them down because you didn't like the contract...
    yeah he was not the sharpest tool in the box