gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13312

Well, they are the Clippers.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Owner has money so he can pay and do that even with Leonard probably only playing half the games he's actually being paid to play in.

He's a bench resting management bitch. Get use to seeing him in a suit rather then in a jersey in these next 4 years.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is not hungry
    He also doesn’t care about winning and losing

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

But what option do they have? It’s an LA market and with Leonard you have a contender. Obvious there’s a huge injury risk but there’s absolutely nothing better available out there. He opted out so if they didn’t resign him he would have went somewhere else and the clippers would be middle of the pack at best.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Good signing for the Clippers. They had Leonard choose them. Nobody chooses the Clippers. Dance with the one who brung you.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13312

He will not play next year. So you are basically paying max money for 2 maybe 3 years depending on if the 4th is a player option.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    But what option do they have? It’s an LA market and with Leonard you have a contender. Obvious there’s a huge injury risk but there’s absolutely nothing better available out there. He opted out so if they didn’t resign him he would have went somewhere else and the clippers would be middle of the pack at best.
    I was waiting for this answer. It does not matter what option you have or don't. You don't do this because he isn't even playing this coming season so that are already middle of the pack this season. Then when he comes back the whole landscape will have changed. This move just shows the desperate state they are in.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Show me the money!! Clippers showed him the money. Done deal. Just that simple.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I was waiting for this answer. It does not matter what option you have or don't. You don't do this because he isn't even playing this coming season so that are already middle of the pack this season. Then when he comes back the whole landscape will have changed. This move just shows the desperate state they are in.
    Yeah but you are sending a long term message to future players that you care about your players. I mean look at golden state they signed klay right after his finals injury and they lost him for two years

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Yeah but you are sending a long term message to future players that you care about your players. I mean look at golden state they signed klay right after his finals injury and they lost him for two years
    They were paying Klay for winning rings from the past. I mean they had results with him right? Kawhi is a great player but he isn't reliable for me to pay him to stay at home. They will regret this move.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What I read he is not even playing next year and many say he will never be the same

KD is a fukkin killer so cannot compare the two off injuries'

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16186

Load management? He tore his ACL...

And so what if they miss the playoffs this season... point is to try and win a championship and they'll have a chance in '23. Would have won it this season if not for the injury.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Durant played 35 games in 2 seasons at max contractshort memories

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Load management? He tore his ACL...

And so what if they miss the playoffs this season... point is to try and win a championship and they'll have a chance in '23. Would have won it this season if not for the injury.
    Read your last sentence again. Then think of this contract.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Clippers are doubling down on the mistake of bringing him and PG in to begin with. Now they've given up all those draft picks, so they'll keep throwing money at the problem. This is how the Clippers stay the Clippers, from one bad owner to the next - albeit in completely different ways

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Good signing for the Clippers. They had Leonard choose them. Nobody chooses the Clippers. Dance with the one who brung you.