pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It wasn't easy. At some point he hurt his knee and missed 4 games. They beat a Hawks team that destroyed the Knicks and 76ers. If Young didn't get hurt they could have lost.

Phoenix was the superior team in the West and if the Clippers or Lakes or Nuggets won the West Giannis would have dominated them too.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 07-24-21 at 09:32 AM.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Guess our opinion doesn't matter at this point, does it? The guy has his ring and that's the end of story.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Guess our opinion doesn't matter at this point, does it? The guy has his ring and that's the end of story.
    True

Because people are simpletons and need things to be black and white. Giannis has ring, end of story. Cp3 no ring, choker.

People are generally incapable of thinking beyond a false dichotomy

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Whether it was 'easy' or not, the point is, all of these teams suck and would get destroyed by former champions, runner-ups, and probably 2nd & 3rd seeds of the past.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

big props for a star to win a championship with orchestrating a super team

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    big props for a star to win a championship with orchestrating a super team

Typo I assume you meant *without

And I agree

Kudos to that part

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    True

Because people are simpletons and need things to be black and white. Giannis has ring, end of story. Cp3 no ring, choker.

People are generally incapable of thinking beyond a false dichotomy
    that is the sad part of the nba... fans/media dwell on championships even though it's a TEAM SPORT

and even with that, robert horry has 7 championships and no hall of fame... here's another weird stat, people thought horry was so clutch in the playoffs... one of those playoffs he went 2-38 on 3 pointers!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    that is the sad part of the nba... fans/media dwell on championships even though it's a TEAM SPORT

and even with that, robert horry has 7 championships and no hall of fame... here's another weird stat, people thought horry was so clutch in the playoffs... one of those playoffs he went 2-38 on 3 pointers!
    Dammmmm thats a good stat, didnt know that

Who do you think was the most clutch playoff player outside of MJ? Shaq, Hakeem, KD, Curry??? Im just throwin out random names

And congrats to yall mm, I was half trollin with this thread. Half srs, half devils advocate... I have three difft personalities, hence the 150%

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    KLC, that's awesome. Remember the old line:

"If this guy wins a championship, he'll never pay for a meal in this city."

It's happening!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You guys have to admit... this was the most boring NBA playoffs in a VERY LONG TIME. I see where Krak is going with this. If Leonard was healthy for the Clips... they beat the Suns... and at least you have experienced Playoff personnel on both squads Clippers VS Bucks... would of been a better Finals.

I still say Leonard is a bum though... don't even get me started on that a-hole. For a guy built like a Mack Truck... he sure does go down like Glass Joe from Mike Tyson's Punch Out lol

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Dammmmm thats a good stat, didnt know that

Who do you think was the most clutch playoff player outside of MJ? Shaq, Hakeem, KD, Curry??? Im just throwin out random names

And congrats to yall mm, I was half trollin with this thread. Half srs, half devils advocate... I have three difft personalities, hence the 150%
    not sure, but all those guys are great players

everyone probably has their own biases, based on teams/players they like... i would definitely throw kobe in the mix

lebron might be the greatest player of all time, but nobody would pick him to take the last shot in crunch time like they would for mj/kobe

sometimes it's a really small sample size, and a shot or two bouncing differently changes the perception

people remember the kd foot on the line in bucks/nets game 7... but they don't remember how god awful the nets were in ot, durant went 0-5, harden went 0-2, harris 0-2

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    not sure, but all those guys are great players

everyone probably has their own biases, based on teams/players they like... i would definitely throw kobe in the mix

lebron might be the greatest player of all time, but nobody would pick him to take the last shot in crunch time like they would for mj/kobe

sometimes it's a really small sample size, and a shot or two bouncing differently changes the perception

people remember the kd foot on the line in bucks/nets game 7... but they don't remember how god awful the nets were in ot, durant went 0-5, harden went 0-2, harris 0-2
    Funny thing is the Nets were awful but still actually outplayed the Bucks in that OT. They had like 4 or 5 wide open shots they just bricked. Durant got a pass because he basically played the entire game and was probably gassed. Harden and Harris were useless the entire game so nothing changed for the OT.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Funny thing is the Nets were awful but still actually outplayed the Bucks in that OT. They had like 4 or 5 wide open shots they just bricked. Durant got a pass because he basically played the entire game and was probably gassed. Harden and Harris were useless the entire game so nothing changed for the OT.
    yeah i agree

combination of decent defense and guys being tired, but wow a game 7 and the ot was 6-2 and 2 of those were free throws... so a combined 6 points in 5 minutes!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    KLC, that's awesome. Remember the old line:

"If this guy wins a championship, he'll never pay for a meal in this city."

It's happening!
    Giannis has NEVER been to culver's. The staff would be stunned if he walked in.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I got Bulgaria +25.5 in U20 on a live bet ok? rooster_eater...

Printing Money.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    first part isn't true, but second part is true

giannis loves himself some junk food, i think he eats even more pizza than i do

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16186

Guy's still parading his trophy around Greece with his entire family in toe. THey've got serious forrest fires going on over there and it's all about him LOL. Very proud guy. I thought he said he'd work on his game? Their chances of repeating are nil if he doesn't improve his skillset.

Bucks are going to have a hard season I think.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

yea for sure, he beat labronze in that category which is very hard to beat.
    anyway he gonna fade way. good luck

First 123