thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Value on Golden State to win the Title

The Warriors should still be -200 to win the title, at -167 their is value on them to win the title. Houston isn't the same team this year,Paul is older and has been hurt, he's inconsistent after getting his max contract and the team depends too much on Harden, Denver is a young team not likely to threaten Golden State and no one in the East can matchup with Golden State. Miwaukee depends too much on Giannis, Boston has had chemistry issues all year, and Toronto only has 1 superstar. The warriors are bored, they should step up when they face better teams after this round.

thomorino

There's been a 30 cent move at some books because the Warriors lost one game to the Clippers.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

I took the field at +165 before playoffs started.

This is the wrong year to bet them to win it all this far out from the finals. Doesn’t mean they won’t win it’s just not a good idea in my opinion & there isn’t much value.

Lots of lackluster performances from them this year in big spots. Getting blown out at home during the season, clippers come back from 30+, etc. The narrative of “they are going to flip the switch” is dumb. KD just went off for his playoff career high & they still lost. To the clippers.

If anything bet them when they are down in a series.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Mo how did you determine they should still be -200?

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    I took the field at +165 before playoffs started.

This is the wrong year to bet them to win it all this far out from the finals. Doesn’t mean they won’t win it’s just not a good idea in my opinion & there isn’t much value.

Lots of lackluster performances from them this year in big spots. Getting blown out at home during the season, clippers come back from 30+, etc. The narrative of “they are going to flip the switch” is dumb. KD just went off for his playoff career high & they still lost. To the clippers.

If anything bet them when they are down in a series.
    The arguments you made are exactly why Golden State is undervalued. They sfip a switch every year, they lost to Phoenix at home then beat Houston the road. +165 is a bad price, you'd get far better value just waiting for GS to get to the final and betting the dog.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Mo how did you determine they should still be -200?
    Not that I care I think if you look at Golden State's likely next 3 matchups, Houston, Denver, then probably Milwaukee or Toronto, GS should be at least -350 to -400 in each series, Houston's isn't the same team with Paul a much worse player than he was last year.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16133

All this thread tells me is that GS is not winning the title

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    All this thread tells me is that GS is not winning the title
    Fuk off

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I’m having a hard time with you continually talking bout Paul being hurt or inconsistent this year, so what it was the regular season? he healthy now and we all saw Houston had Gs by the balls till he got hurt that series. I actually think him playing so few games this year is good for them at this point. Paul a mfin gamer, he will show up and be who he always is in this series I have no doubt about this.

I disagree Houston is not as good this year, I think that was true early on but I think they made some smart additions and right now look every bit as strong as last years team.

I’m not saying that means they beat GS, I think they will give them everything they want but at end of the day I trust kd and steph in gm 6-7 while I have no trust and little respect for Harden in those spots. So while I disagree w your take on Houston still wouldn’t bet anyone other than warriors to win it all, once they get past Houston the only other potential challenge I see for them is Boston and who knows is celts can get to the finals? I think warriors would wipe the floor w any other eastern team.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

They are -275 Series vs Rockets on betonline. The price was -190 to begin the series last year. Take what you want from that.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Golden State is in trouble. They can't handle physical teams. They have no one to guard the basket area. Physical teams like Toronto and Boston can give them all sorts of problems. They had no need to allow the clippers to extend this series last night. Rivers is showing others how it's done

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    They are -275 Series vs Rockets on betonline. The price was -190 to begin the series last year. Take what you want from that.
    Maybe I’m wrong but to me that says there some value on Houston! No way I’ll play the series but gm by gm I’ll for sure play rockets to get a win at GS at fat plus money.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Golden State is in trouble. They can't handle physical teams. They have no one to guard the basket area. Physical teams like Toronto and Boston can give them all sorts of problems. They had no need to allow the clippers to extend this series last night. Rivers is showing others how it's done
    I strongly believe Boston could give them everything they want and more, if celts make it that far it means they have put it all together.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The lost 2 games already at home in 1st series you nit wit

NO VALUE

thomorino

Paul was very strong last year, but Golden State had control of the series up 2-1 and was about to go up 3-1 before Igoudala got hurt and that changed the series before the Paul injury. Paul is older now and he got his max contract, he was in a contract year last year, he doesn't look as motivated this season.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

The lost 2 games already at home in 1st series you nit wit

NO VALUE
    Fuk off

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Paul was very strong last year, but Golden State had control of the series up 2-1 and was about to go up 3-1 before Igoudala got hurt and that changed the series before the Paul injury. Paul is older now and he got his max contract, he was in a contract year last year, he doesn't look as motivated this season.
    I’m sure that been true in regular season, he does not strike me as someone that will be a issue for in this series. He 33, these days guys don’t fall out there prime till well after that! Not like his game is playing above the rim. Think you reaching w the year older and less motivated, guy is a bulldog and pretty damn sure he be as motivated as ever this series.. he could certainly get hurt again as that kinda been his mo but don’t think his age or lack of effort means anything. I’m far more concerned w Harden effort and level of play than I am Paul, he a loser imo., Harden the reason Gs will most likely ultimately advance.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Warriors will win it all. Nothing to see or debate here. Don't think people understand how good Kevin Durant is when he wants to be. GL matching up with that guy in the NBA finals. Or Houston? PJ Tucker? F no. 0% chance. Tucker is a D league player masquerading like he's some "glue guy." Will be in foul trouble in the first quarter of every game and then who comes in? Shumpert? Lol.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Oh, and I'm gonna predict Cousins will come back for the finals too. Let's wait and see. That's my bold prediction. I think he wants a piece of that championship.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

I’m sure that been true in regular season, he does not strike me as someone that will be a issue for in this series. He 33, these days guys don’t fall out there prime till well after that! Not like his game is playing above the rim. Think you reaching w the year older and less motivated, guy is a bulldog and pretty damn sure he be as motivated as ever this series.. he could certainly get hurt again as that kinda been his mo but don’t think his age or lack of effort means anything. I’m far more concerned w Harden effort and level of play than I am Paul, he a loser imo., Harden the reason Gs will most likely ultimately advance.
    Not that I care but if you look at shorter players who played at an all-star level they almost never anywhere near as good in their 30's, look at Isiah Thomas in Detroit, Isiah Thomas with Boston, Iverson.

jjgold

I do not think any NBA champ ever lost 2 home games in any series especially 1st round

HUGE VALUE THEY DO NOT WIN

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

I disagree. This is just not the same team this year and it's mostly to do with team chemistry. I would guess there's lots of stuff going on behind the scenes that's not being reported.

I think they're playing more like robots instead of players that genuinely like playing with each other.

With that said, they are obviously the most talented team and they can get by just on that alone.

But dropping (at least) 2 games to the Clippers is unacceptable, never mind they were both on your home court.

Houston has really ratcheted up their defense to close the season. Their switch everything is what really gave Warriors problems last year.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

There is no value here.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

let's do some math

Game 6 vs CLips -520
    Series vs Houston -300?
    Series vs Denver -500
    Series vs East -1000

Parlay that all together and get +110

You can play with the numbers all you like but -167 is way off.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

best Value is Houston or Milwaukee... sorry.
    Points Awarded:

kingdom gave shocka1212 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    let's do some math

Game 6 vs CLips -520
    Series vs Houston -300?
    Series vs Denver -500
    Series vs East -1000

Parlay that all together and get +110

You can play with the numbers all you like but -167 is way off.
    No way they would be -1000 against the East. Even against Boston or Philly.

Bucks would have home court, they might be less than Rockets

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

If you really like this bet you can get -130 at Heritage.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    I disagree. This is just not the same team this year and it's mostly to do with team chemistry. I would guess there's lots of stuff going on behind the scenes that's not being reported.

I think they're playing more like robots instead of players that genuinely like playing with each other.

With that said, they are obviously the most talented team and they can get by just on that alone.

But dropping (at least) 2 games to the Clippers is unacceptable, never mind they were both on your home court.

Houston has really ratcheted up their defense to close the season. Their switch everything is what really gave Warriors problems last year.
    exactly

asiagambler

Also should be using series price against Clippers, not Game 6 since they could in theory lose Game 6 and still win the series.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

No way they would be -1000 against the East. Even against Boston or Philly.

Bucks would have home court, they might be less than Rockets
    I agree, I am using numbers that are inflated to show the ridiculousness of the assertion that there is value at -167.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Also should be using series price against Clippers, not Game 6 since they could in theory lose Game 6 and still win the series.
    yes of course. and even if you add the series price of -9300 to the parlay with those other numbers you still get better than -167

asiagambler

yes of course. and even if you add the series price of -9300 to the parlay with those other numbers you still get better than -167
    Don't disagree with you. -167 looks inflated as is

thomorino

You're argument is dumb,first of all you can't parlay futures wagers that dont' exist yet, and second, I'd much rather bet -167 than be betting -500 and -600 for individuals series because injuries happen and if an injury occurs you're obvioiusly in much better shape with a -167 bet than a -500 or -600 bet.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    You're argument is dumb,first of all you can't parlay futures wagers that dont' exist yet, and second, I'd much rather bet -167 than be betting -500 and -600 for individuals series because injuries happen and if an injury occurs you're obvioiusly in much better shape with a -167 bet than a -500 or -600 bet.
    You can do an open parlay no?

thomorino

If you really like this bet you can get -130 at Heritage.
    Heritage has extremely low limits on futures bets, and I bet GS to win the title before that number was up.

123 Last