thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Value on Embiid to be MVP at 16-1

Embiid should be the leader to be MVP right now, he's had injury issues in the past, but he's older now and teams have figured out how to defend Simmons. Embiid's issue in past years was injuries and minute limitations, that's gone, he's also focused more on being in the post this year. Playing in the East is a huge advantage.

If you look at the other leaders they all have significant flaws.

Anthony Davis - plays in the West and has frequent injuries, team around him isn't that good and may not make the playoffs.

Lebron - Wants to play off the ball more since he's older, isn't going to put up the same numbers as last year.

Harden - Won the award last year doesn't look motivated this year.

Giannis - plays in an offense with more ball movement with Budenholzer, he wont' get the same shot attempts as Embiid, Milwaukee is much deeper too than PHilly.

Leonard - Isn't even playing back to backs and plays in an offense with a lot of ball movement. He's still coming back from injury.

Westbrook - Coming off knee surgery and has to play in the west, he's already had injury issues. He won the award already, I don't see him motivated to win it again.

Curry - GS has a lot of ball movement and he has injuries, GS doesn't play hard every night in the regular season.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Saloon

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Saloon
    Fuk off

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

award is a joke/popularity contest media gave it to harden b4 all star break last season

if bucks keep rolling they will give it to alphabet + embiid no way stays healthy and he will skip games too

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Hard 2 trust Embiid being healthy - also he’s gotta deal with the cancer jimmy butler now

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    award is a joke/popularity contest media gave it to harden b4 all star break last season

if bucks keep rolling they will give it to alphabet + embiid no way stays healthy and he will skip games too
    Giannia is good but he's had injury issues too and he doesn't have anywhere near the numbers Embiid does. Milwaukee's offense has far better ball movement than Philadelphia, Embiid's usage rate will be much higher. His defense is much better too.

thomorino

Health is definetly the biggest question with Embiid, but he's older and stronger now - I think injury risk is overpriced into the market.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

what are the odds. need the pr campaign no doubt and if they win close to 55 games why not especially if he kept up this pace, 28 and 13 geez

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Giannia is good but he's had injury issues too and he doesn't have anywhere near the numbers Embiid does. Milwaukee's offense has far better ball movement than Philadelphia, Embiid's usage rate will be much higher. His defense is much better too.
    all true and its early but seems like media hype is trending towards bucks at moment

last year it was decided well b4 the break

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

Seems "they" have settled on Giannis.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Seems "they" have settled on Giannis.
    The media has a new favorite every day of the week, at this time last year Giannis seemed like the favorite. Milwaukee still isn't a very good road team, their win against GS was with Green out and GS didn't care, they weren't impressive against Boston or Portland on the road.

rolltide1784
    rolltide1784's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4932

I like it but Butler May hurt his chance now by stealing some of his production. But if the Sixers win he East then he def has a shot.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Gianni's going to win it. EMbid still taking too many nights off

jtoler

oops I see 16-1 seems worth put down a little something I spose. I remember saying about 4 years ago I could see blake winning 1 one day but that started to not seem likely but he's expanded his game even more, guy is nailing over two 3's a game just not on a good enough team now.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Lebrenda will take it - he usually starts off slow with new teams -

thomorino

Philadelphia will get a lot more attention in the national media with the Butler trade as well.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post

Harden put up the best numbers and carried the number 1 seed all year last year.... I don't know about popularity....

Most MVPs come down to team records.

Goat Milk

Giannis doesn't have "anywhere near the numbers Embiid has"

Lol

Look at the stats again.

Goat Milk

Embiid is only shooting 48 percent from the field, unacceptable for a 7'3 big man. Completely unacceptable. We all know Embiid is amazing, but if you're going to say he's the MVP, I'm going to find ways to criticize his game. He also average 0.3 steals per game. Pathetic. And 27 percent from downtown. Why is he shooting that many 3s. Pathetic again. Embiid has a lot of work to do. He's not the force he needs to be to win MVP right now.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Embiid is only shooting 48 percent from the field, unacceptable for a 7'3 big man. Completely unacceptable. We all know Embiid is amazing, but if you're going to say he's the MVP, I'm going to find ways to criticize his game. He also average 0.3 steals per game. Pathetic. And 27 percent from downtown. Why is he shooting that many 3s. Pathetic again. Embiid has a lot of work to do. He's not the force he needs to be to win MVP right now.
    I always seen different crazy height listings for him he's not no 7'3 more like 6'11 at best

thomorino

Embiid is averaging more minutes, points, blocks, and rebounds. Giannis's turnover rate isn't good either at 4.7.

Embiid controls the paint and is the PHiladelphia defense, Giannis doesn't control the paint the way Embiid does, Embiid takes away the paint - that's why he's more valuable than Giannis.

thomorino

Phildelphia has had a very hard schedule so far and the team doesn't have much depth, once they add some bench players in trades they will have nearly the same record as Milwaukee.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I always seen different crazy height listings for him he's not no 7'3 more like 6'11 at best
    I've seen Embiid play twice live sitting 2nd row. Drummond is 6'11 and he towers over him... There's a 0% chance Embiid is 6'11, sorry.

Goat Milk

Embiid is averaging more minutes, points, blocks, and rebounds. Giannis's turnover rate isn't good either at 4.7.

Embiid controls the paint and is the PHiladelphia defense, Giannis doesn't control the paint the way Embiid does, Embiid takes away the paint - that's why he's more valuable than Giannis.
    That makes no sense. Embiid is supposed to guard the paint. He's a center. Giannis plays on the perimeter, so you can say Giannis controls part of the perimeter, that's why he's more valuable than Embiid. Both forms of logic make 0 sense.

Embiid averages more minutes because the Bucks have been blowing out every team. Giannis will start to see more minutes as the season goes on, and Embiid less, both of those are virtual guarantees.

thomorino

Embiid is a better shooter than Giannis not even close - both shoot at about 27% from the 3 point line but Embiid is 80% from the foul line, Gianiis 66%. Embiid is the much better mid-range shooter as well. Giannis dunks more, Embiid shoots more from the perimeter, which is why Giannis has a better field goal percentage.

thomorino

That makes no sense. Embiid is supposed to guard the paint. He's a center. Giannis plays on the perimeter, so you can say Giannis controls part of the perimeter, that's why he's more valuable than Embiid. Both forms of logic make 0 sense.

Embiid averages more minutes because the Bucks have been blowing out every team. Giannis will start to see more minutes as the season goes on, and Embiid less, both of those are virtual guarantees.
    You see, you don't understand what Milwaukee is doing with Giannis. Milwaukee has a good bench and Giannis wore down last year, he couldn't handle the big minutes, they are keeping his minutes lower this year and they can do that with Milwaukee's bench, another reason why Embiid will have better numbers. Controlling the paint and being a rim protector are huge benefits to a defense - Embiid does it Giannis doesn't.

thomorino

The point being missed here to is Gianiis is 4-1 to win the MVP, Embiid is 16-1, none of these arguments contradict mine - which is that I'm getting value. I do think Embiid is the MVP so far over Giannis as well though.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Kemba Walker
    (of course he's not winning it) but he's been breaking ankles all season, draining 4 three point step back shots on the average per game.
    He's second in the league in scoring, averages over six dimes per game and does work off the boards too. He's buried in Charlotte so he gets no ink at all.

p.s. anybody paying attention to what Jokic is doing also?

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinge...s/_/sort/VORPe

Goat Milk

Embiid is a better shooter than Giannis not even close - both shoot at about 27% from the 3 point line but Embiid is 80% from the foul line, Gianiis 66%. Embiid is the much better mid-range shooter as well. Giannis dunks more, Embiid shoots more from the perimeter, which is why Giannis has a better field goal percentage.
    Embiid is not a good shooter bro. The guy shoots 27 percent from deep....

He bricks most of his midrange jumpers too.

I have no doubt he will develop into a great midrange shooter, but the guy's been playing bball for like 6 years, he's not winning MVP this year. Simple as that.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Kemba Walker
    (of course he's not winning it) but he's been breaking ankles all season, draining 4 three point step back shots on the average per game.
    He's second in the league in scoring, averages over six dimes per game and does work off the boards too. He's buried in Charlotte so he gets no ink at all.

p.s. anybody paying attention to what Jokic is doing also?

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinge...s/_/sort/VORPe
    Charlotte won't make the playoffs and Jokic's usage rate isn't high enough because he plays in an offense based on ball movement with a number of good players. Jokic is bad defensively.

thomorino

Embiid is not a good shooter bro. The guy shoots 27 percent from deep....

He bricks most of his midrange jumpers too.

I have no doubt he will develop into a great midrange shooter, but the guy's been playing bball for like 6 years.
    Watch a game buddy, I live in the Philly area and watch them all. Embiid is a great mid-range shooter, great, much better than Giannis. Who cares that he's 27% from 3 point range, a lot of good mid-range shooters like Derozean aren't good 3 point shooters. Embiid shoots 80% at the foul line and is a great midrange shooter. Giannis is a horrible 66% from the foul line.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He’s dominating the NBA very very hard to stop

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Worth a shot 16-1.

thomorino

I've seen Embiid play twice live sitting 2nd row. Drummond is 6'11 and he towers over him... There's a 0% chance Embiid is 6'11, sorry.
    Embiid absolutely destroyed Drummond when they played, and Drummond does not tower over him at all, they are both at around 7 feet.

Goat Milk

Watch a game buddy, I live in the Philly area and watch them all. Embiid is a great mid-range shooter, great, much better than Giannis. Who cares that he's 27% from 3 point range, a lot of good mid-range shooters like Derozean aren't good 3 point shooters. Embiid shoots 80% at the foul line and is a great midrange shooter. Giannis is a horrible 66% from the foul line.
    1. I never said Giannis is a good shooter.

2. Embiid is not a good midrange or 3 point shooter. Neither. Anyone who shoots 27 percent from deep is a horrible distance shooter.

3. I was touting Embiid when he was picked 3rd in the draft on this site long before you even joined. I touted Embiid as the next big thing years ago on this site, so don't question my loyalty to Embiid. I've watched Embiid play live twice already against the Pistons.

123 Last