MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Nurse decision was crucial for GSW win

12-2 run late in 4th , Khawhi 10 pts ... he called timeout with Khawhi holding ball , killed momentum , GSW regroup

game changer
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gemtown

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

You see how tired he was going back to the bench? Heart was jumping out of his chest. You may be right, one more bucket by him and they win, but maybe they get a tired miss leading to a Warriors three and then a timeout. Over analysing a tiny detail in a long game me thinks

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

we have games today bro

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

He said he used the timeout to give his guys a rest and because they would otherwise lose it below the 3:00 mark.

I still think it was a poor decision but his team made poor decisions too. It was obvious they were getting calls all game. All anyone had to do was drive and they were getting foul shots.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

hard to say man

Some say let them play and ride hot streak

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

hindsight 20/20

steven a smith king of exaggeration

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Nurse does this every game, you just don't notice, or hear about it when they win.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Why didnt toronto call a time out to set up a play during the last possession. They had 1 left and kyle took that last time out and stuck it up his bumholr

Nickelchip2
    Nickelchip2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    He said he used the timeout to give his guys a rest and because they would otherwise lose it below the 3:00 mark.

I still think it was a poor decision but his team made poor decisions too. It was obvious they were getting calls all game. All anyone had to do was drive and they were getting foul shots.
    You don't get tired when your in rhythm, about to win. That TO didn't do anything but ice his own players and let GS get a rest. If your players are tired, good chance so are theirs. Oooo well........

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    You see how tired he was going back to the bench? Heart was jumping out of his chest. You may be right, one more bucket by him and they win, but maybe they get a tired miss leading to a Warriors three and then a timeout. Over analysing a tiny detail in a long game me thinks
    craptors had the ball w a chance to win on the last possession so seems kinda redic to blame the loss on 1 decision!!!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    12-2 run late in 4th , Khawhi 10 pts ... he called timeout with Khawhi holding ball , killed momentum , GSW regroup

game changer
    By NBA rule.... both teams must call a mandatory timeout per each quarter. Toronto needed to call a timeout. I don't know what the penalty is... if a team doesn't call a timeout??? But Nurse decided to take it at that point.

Again... this used to be a rule in the past. I'm just guessing if it exists or not? It might be the reason.
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 06-11-19 at 04:14 PM.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelchip2 View Post
    You don't get tired when your in rhythm, about to win. That TO didn't do anything but ice his own players and let GS get a rest. If your players are tired, good chance so are theirs. Oooo well........
    It was a poor decision and it will likely be singled out as the reason Raptors lost should Warriors come back and win the next two. But lot more to blame than just that one decision in a 48 minute game.

I still think Raptors win Game 6. Warriors have zero depth after Curry and Thompson.

titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    By NBA rule.... both teams must call a mandatory timeout per each quarter. Toronto needed to call a timeout. I don't know what the penalty is... if a team doesn't call a timeout??? But Nurse decided to take it at that point.

Again... this used to be a rule in the past. I'm just guessing if it exists or not? It might be the reason.
    What's the league gonna do if you don't call a timeout after winning the nba finals?

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Way off. Mandatory timeout rule means if you don't call a timeout in the first 6mins of the frame the officials call one -hence the term official's timeout. Nurse has a use-it-or-lose-it timeout that would have expired past the 3min mark.

Like I say, if his team ran a tired play for a miss and the Warriors came back with a three then it's a 3pt game and he only has one timeout remaining -so then does he use it and have no timeouts in crunch time? With hindsight I would like to see Leonard try to stick the dagger in, and force a Warriors timeout, but can't fault the move.

MrSink

ok thanks everyone for their opinions

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I posted all about it. You’re correct. Then the timeout he saved he doesn’t even use to draw up the last play. Could have made sure Kawhi got it in a better spot to be able to take the last shot. Two terrible decisions.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

nurses carry a lot of "weight" in DonkLand......

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Way off. Mandatory timeout rule means if you don't call a timeout in the first 6mins of the frame the officials call one -hence the term official's timeout. Nurse has a use-it-or-lose-it timeout that would have expired past the 3min mark.

Like I say, if his team ran a tired play for a miss and the Warriors came back with a three then it's a 3pt game and he only has one timeout remaining -so then does he use it and have no timeouts in crunch time? With hindsight I would like to see Leonard try to stick the dagger in, and force a Warriors timeout, but can't fault the move.
    There is some regulation that involves a mandatory timeout. Not totally WAY OFF. That's why it's subject to debate. The official timeout has to be charged to a team.

I remember an NBA team going on a 17-0 run 3 years ago..... and they had to call a timeout with about 2:08 left in the game. There was no need to call a timeout because the team was up by 15 points. The announcers continued to talk about the "mandatory" team timeout.

So.... you're saying NURSE second guessed himself? What's more important... momentum or that lost timeout? Very odd indeed.

TheMoneyShot

Furthermore, I've never seen a team NOT TAKE a timeout every quarter. So apparently it's embedded in every coaches mind??? Even if their up by 20+?

Give me any NBA game this year... in which the team... DIDN'T TAKE A TIMEOUT IN ANY QUARTER. I find it hard to believe.

Every coach takes the timeout per every quarter??? Again... why??? Because their afraid to lose the free one??? Makes no sense. Need a better ruling on this.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

can we get the kracken in here for chrissakes? I need a male nurse interpretation from some language to english..... "nursula"?

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Shows you how good the Rockets are. They are the only credible threat the Warriors have faced since Durant joined them. Toronto gets swept if the Warriors are healthy.

gemtown
    gemtown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

What I said on another forum right after the game .
    CW says you don't call a TO there, when team is surging!

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

game changer
    It wasn't just momentum, Curry and Thompson were tired, Curry was 1-8 from 3 point range in the 2nd half.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Like I said Raptors are not ready for this moment, Nurse included.

Entire team meltded down. Up 6 with the ball with 3 min left at home, couldn't close the deal.

Because as I said this team is not full of winners, it's full of losers.

They need injury after injury to even stay ahead in this series.

This is not a championship calliber team. Just look at every past championship winner of the past 35 years. This team would get swept by nearly everyone, and wouldn't win more than 2 games against a single one.

Pathetic.

MrSink

Sorry Goat but you are unbearable

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Like I said Raptors are not ready for this moment, Nurse included.

Entire team meltded down. Up 6 with the ball with 3 min left at home, couldn't close the deal.

Because as I said this team is not full of winners, it's full of losers.

They need injury after injury to even stay ahead in this series.

This is not a championship calliber team. Just look at every past championship winner of the past 35 years. This team would get swept by nearly everyone, and wouldn't win more than 2 games against a single one.

Pathetic.
    You're not giving enough credit to Leonard. He's a top 3 player in the league

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

game changer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickelchip2 View Post
    Anyone who can identify this stuff is earning millions every year on in-game betting. Congratulations to both of you

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    Anyone who can identify this stuff is earning millions every year on in-game betting. Congratulations to both of you
    If I didn't know better I'd call that sarcasm, but this is SBR...

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    nurses carry a lot of "weight" in DonkLand......

Hold on my friends , super NURSES like this are NOT aloud on the curt . WOOOOOOOWWWW !!

MrSink

just my opinion guys . take it with a grain of salt

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    You're not giving enough credit to Leonard. He's a top 3 player in the league
    And I’m pretty sure he has also won before.. I’ve said something similar to goaty far as whether I think craptors are truly a championship team but Leonard isn’t the problem.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

he called a TO because tor were trading 2s for gs 3s and that was a no go especially that late in the game