ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

This man would have changed LeBron's game.

And it would not be what his LB's fan's would like.

Wilt Chamberlain. 7-1", 275/300 lbs. Ran the 100 yd dash in 9.5 and could bench 600 plus.
    He still has the NBA record for a single game at 100 points. Who has even come close? Kobe at 81.
    Wilt is still ranked in the top 7 scorer's in one NBA game of all time. Only 2 other player's are in even in that top 7.
    Kobe & D. Thompson.

Wilt died at 63 of heart failure, in 1999.
    Wilt showed class, humbleness, friendliness, and last but not least, a ton of confidence.

*Lebron's nightmare if they had played in the same era.

Out of respect, watch this 16 minute video and see Wilt give his opinions of other great players. But you'll find none he thinks could beat him one-on-one. Including, you know who.

bababoyee
    bababoyee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1268

Nice video Abe

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Ba

Ba

Booey

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Good Watch Abe.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Wilt was an anomaly in n era with weak players. He was dominant, yes, but it was just as much because the league lacked the overall talent it has today as it was him being dominant.

Lebron is the best player the NBA has ever had in the greatest era

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Wilt was an anomaly in n era with weak players. He was dominant, yes, but it was just as much because the league lacked the overall talent it has today as it was him being dominant.

Glad to see another opinion. But I totally disagree on both opinions.

Another small tidbit about Wilt, exposing his timing, smartness, and athleticism:
    In his long career, he never once FOULED OUT!

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Wilt is Rhonda rousey of the NBA. Played against guys on the sbr forum and grocery store clerks . Stop it.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Wilt is Rhonda rousey of the NBA. Played against guys on the sbr forum and grocery store clerks . Stop it.
    You sound more like her than Wilt. What kind of member post nonsense words like...STOP IT?

The Kraken

It reminds me of the early days of poker, many great poker players but also many many fish. Those great poker players appeared even better than they really were because the low level players were so bad. Same with any sport.

now, the overall field in poker is mich better, much more knowledgeable and those great poker players arent winning as much.

as time goes on, the overall talent of every sport gets better and better. The worst player today is better than the worst player 5 years ago, and so on.

Back in Wilts day I think the overall talent level relative to todays players would be average at beat

ABEHONEST

Any knowledgeable member over 50 would never agree with this statement.

"Back in Wilts day I think the overall talent level relative to todays players would be average at best"

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post

"Back in Wilts day I think the overall talent level relative to todays players would be average at best"
    And knowledgeable person in above 5th grade science would realize how true Steve Kerrs words were when he basically in a round about way said the likes of lebron and Kd are more talented than players of his generation (mjs teammate)

That we accept evolution in every walk of life but somehow old guys hang on to their generation and think evolution goes the opposite direction and the athletes get worse and less talented. The centers of today would make wilt look silly let alone lebron. He wouldnt stay on the court against AD.

ABEHONEST

And knowledgeable person in above 5th grade science would realize how true Steve Kerrs words were when he basically in a round about way said the likes of lebron and Kd are more talented than players of his generation (mjs teammate)

That we accept evolution in every walk of life but somehow old guys hang on to their generation and think evolution goes the opposite direction and the athletes get worse and less talented. The centers of today would make wilt look silly let alone lebron. He wouldnt stay on the court against AD.
    Sorry, but that is laughable and sounds like someone talking with a closed mind.
    And I bet you didn't listen to Wilt?

ans61201

An alpha athlete saying he would be better than other guys? Sure what do you think he's going to say. He would pass a lie dectector he probably believes it too. Good for him. Doesn't make it true. Rousey said she would never lose either until
    The sport evolved. It's not even close. There's no debate. But keep up the good work. 😂😂😂

ABEHONEST

An alpha athlete saying he would be better than other guys? Sure what do you think he's going to say. He would pass a lie dectector he probably believes it too. Good for him. Doesn't make it true. Rousey said she would never lose either until
    The sport evolved. It's not even close. There's no debate. But keep up the good work. 😂😂😂
    That youthful mind of yours will make better sports judgement's in 25 more years. Until then, easy on those locked minded opinions.
    Jordan played his last 15 years ago. Wilt was still getting offers to play in the NBA at the ripe age of 54, in 1991.
    Some stats to grow old on.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

end of thread

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Its true for any sport. People talk about Pele (soccer) and his 3 world cups. I believe Pele would have alotta fukkin trouble today.

Any sport evolves and the players from 10-20 years ago would have more trouble if they played today. The best players from the past stood out more than the best players of today.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Wilt was by far the greatest athlete the nba has ever seen

You have to gage the player with respect to his environment and wilts environment was a bunch of 5 foot 8 Irish American guys and bill russell

Lebron is most likely greatest nba athlete ever of all time but wilt was the greatest athlete for his time frame

The only thing lebron would've learned from wilt back then is how to sleep with curious housewives without getting blow back on twitter

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Wilt was by far the greatest athlete the nba has ever seen

You have to gage the player with respect to his environment and wilts environment was a bunch of 5 foot 8 Irish American guys and bill russell

Lebron is most likely greatest nba athlete ever of all time but wilt was the greatest athlete for his time frame

The only thing lebron would've learned from wilt back then is how to sleep with curious housewives without getting blow back on twitter
    Well, #2 behind Sam, Wilt ran a 9.5 100 yd dash. Was considered the [possibly] strongest man in the world--ask Arnold.
    He claimed--and he seemed like a very humble, honest man--to have benched 600 plus.
    He is about 4 inches taller than this newcomer, claiming to be the best.
    When LeBron can even come close to those physical feats above, please call me and I will join you on your very biased view of LB.
    Til then, I will not worry about any phone calls coming.

ABEHONEST

Here's Wilt taking the hand of a youngster named LeBron.
    Gee, talk about Goliath and David. The kid volunteered to carry Wilt's bag of jockstraps but he had to stop and rest at every corner.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Abe what is your favorite song?

ABEHONEST

Here's another [phony?] GOAT.

shadymcgrady

Abe you're not so bad after all, I bet your sense of humor was a real hit in the 60s

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Abe what is your favorite song?
    Grease, didn't I have you on my list? Let me ponder a minute and see if I can conjure up a satisfactory reply.
    No, not to satisfy you, though.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

600 lb bench press

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Good video

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    600 lb bench press
    It's not inconceivable, Elton brand was benching that in his prime and he doesn't look like Shaq did

It's 6 plates on each side, the avg Joe like myself can do 3 ab 10 times so a world class athlete doing 6 a side isn't unusual

shadymcgrady

It's not inconceivable, Elton brand was benching that in his prime and he doesn't look like Shaq did

It's 6 plates on each side, the avg Joe like myself can do 3 ab 10 times so a world class athlete doing 6 a side isn't unusual
    Sry 2 plates not 3 on the bench. 3 is for squats

ABEHONEST

Now, see, posts like this could get you moved way down my list.
    Shades, remind them, this was 40 years or more ago.

ABEHONEST

Here's the commonsense logic these young-men on SBR fail to comprehend.
    If you could move a "live" Chamberlain into today's era, he would only improve his stats and records he would be setting.
    On the tape, he says the game is faster and geared for these modern player's to score more points. That would be like sitting extra large sundae on the table for Wilt to slurp up and enjoy.

The other overlooked logic; he would improve game up to an even higher level, playing with these faster, quicker, and likely, higher leapers. Give him a couple months to get his timing and condition together and watch the records fall like raindrops, as usual.

See, a 9.5 dash and a 600 lb squat, are still two phenomenal feats, even today, where many member's still want to believe, Wilt couldn't make the adjustments needed. He thrived on staying in shape and also the challenges that came to him.
    Can you imagine this, shot-blocking, rebounding, slam-dunking machine, NEVER-EVER, fouling out?
    ________________________________________ _________________
    * Cough, cough.
    Chamberlain holds 72 NBA records, 68 by himself. Among his records are several that are considered unbreakable, such as averaging 22.9 rebounds for a career or 50.4 points per game in a season, scoring 100 points or 55 rebounds in a single game, scoring 65 or more points 15 times, 50 or more points 118 times.

Men, do the right thing and do this....

The Kraken

If I moved to Africa and joined a 10 and under basketball league, I too would own 72 records

Dr. Fager
    Update your status
    Dr. Fager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7167

Watched Russell vs Chamberlain many a time at the old Boston Garden, tremendous battles. One other gem you may have overlooked Abe, was in 67-68 when Chamberlain took down the Triple Crown. The Celts were the 68 Champs though, defeating the Lakers in the finals. Enjoyed the video. Always admired Wilt as a player, regardless of what his status is on the all time NBA greatest list.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fager View Post
    Watched Russell vs Chamberlain many a time at the old Boston Garden, tremendous battles. One other gem you may have overlooked Abe, was in 67-68 when Chamberlain took down the Triple Crown. The Celts were the 68 Champs though, defeating the Lakers in the finals. Enjoyed the video. Always admired Wilt as a player, regardless of what his status is on the all time NBA greatest list.
    It's nice to hear from eyewitnesses.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

This frame (see above) could NEVER bench 600 pounds nor could he run a 100 in under 5 seconds. This is about as accurate as saying the guy who espoused these untruths (and alleged he slept with 20,000 women) is also known for his humility (as opposed to humbleness). Great basketball player no doubt, and would be great in this era as well, although his stats would not be nearly as outrageous.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Agree!

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Grease, didn't I have you on my list? Let me ponder a minute and see if I can conjure up a satisfactory reply.
    No, not to satisfy you, though.

You like this one? It was my grandpas favorite

12 Last