mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Anyone Else Betting Cavs ML Simply As a Win Win Bet?

I have read a lot of people saying that Boston is the better team tonight, however I have also seen LeBron and Cleveland pull some crazy horseshoe sh** out of their ass and pull off a comeback.

That said, I'm taking Cavs +130, not for any capping reason, but simply because it's a win win bet to me. I either make some money, or I see Cleveland and LeBron go home without even making it out of the East. Well worth the lost bet tonight for me. Anyone else ever bet with this philosophy (even if it's not Cleveland) or doing the same this weekend?
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 05-27-18 at 12:06 PM.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

I see your point, i hope they lose to but nah, still wouldnt make me feel better since id lose money as well lol, with that being said, celtics or no play, bron gonna have to drop 60 and everyone else gonna have to play out they mind for them to win, could it happen?? Sure but u gotta go with the home team with a perfect home playoff record, cavs woulda beat them there already if they could

mrpapageorgio

I'm betting only one unit so it's not a crying shame if I lose the money. Plus I'm not a pro handicapper or trying to do this for a living so it's not like I won't eat tonight if it loses. I'll admit this is purely recreational for me which is why I have no problem making this bet for a purely emotional reason than other bets I may make.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

I took the points

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Slam some UFC.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Slam some UFC.
    Did you take Silva at +340 Bigday?

El Terrible
    El Terrible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    I'm betting only one unit so it's not a crying shame if I lose the money. Plus I'm not a pro handicapper or trying to do this for a living so it's not like I won't eat tonight if it loses. I'll admit this is purely recreational for me which is why I have no problem making this bet for a purely emotional reason than other bets I may make.
    Well..Its a lot better than these idiotic Parlay bets you see people that should know better post here- I booked bets in 3 cities for over 25 years- Parlay bets were dead money to me...Its a sucker bet, thats gambling 101. Once I see a guy post a parlay pick- He's on ignore

No credibility

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by El Terrible View Post
    Well..Its a lot better than these idiotic Parlay bets you see people that should know better post here- I booked bets in 3 cities for over 25 years- Parlay bets were dead money to me...Its a sucker bet, thats gambling 101. Once I see a guy post a parlay pick- He's on ignore

No credibility
    And I admitted, this is purely an emotional play (and being + money helps where I'd probably lay off if it was - money). I'm not going to try and BS anyone here and claim this is from research or heavy capping. If I try to bet based on capping I'll give a reason; here there's no sugar coat. Not a fan of Cleveland and would like to see them lose, but at least if they win I'll make some money.

El Terrible
    El Terrible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    And I admitted, this is purely an emotional play (and being + money helps where I'd probably lay off if it was - money). I'm not going to try and BS anyone here and claim this is from research or heavy capping. If I try to bet based on capping I'll give a reason; here there's no sugar coat. Not a fan of Cleveland and would like to see them lose, but at least if they win I'll make some money.
    And really- How are you gonna heavily handicap this game- We've all been watching these two teams play for 5 weeks now- And recently the Cavs win by 30, then the next game Boston blows the Cavs out- The location of the game being the only difference...I can guess that @ home Brown, Horeford, Rozier and Tatum will out score and out defense Lebron and company...

I'd love to see Lebron win it all, but man, the team around him sucks-

mrpapageorgio

And the horseshoe came out again.

I'd like to thank Seaweed for betting the opposite side and guaranteeing a win.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

We win

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

I did this twice against the Jets when Rex took them to the AFC Championship Game in back-to-back years. Sure, I ended up with winning tickets, but I was a morose diehard Jet fan.