cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Thread of the year, should be broadcasted on ESPN.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    All of the current players listed in original post would be great in any era. Defenses in the 80s and 90s were not much better than now and players cried about calls back then as well.

People getting too caught up in how “tough” the older eras were. Modern players would adjust to refs allowing them to play through contact and do the same to their opponents.
    Not sure they'd adjust to this...

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

When you guys talk about the toughness and ferociousness from the 80s and 90s, how come you always fail to mention Spud Webb and Muggsy Bogues?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    When you guys talk about the toughness and ferociousness from the 80s and 90s, how come you always fail to mention Spud Webb and Muggsy Bogues?
    Mugsy bogues was squatting 5 plates giant, that's 500 pounds since I know you don't belong to a gym

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Mugsy bogues was squatting 5 plates giant, that's 500 pounds since I know you don't belong to a gym
    He was a midget.

Spud Webb was a midget.

If it was 1988 right now, guys would be clamoring for the toughness of the 1960s where Bob Cousy dominated the hardwoods.

Hey shady, the human body has been prone to evolve over time. Most guys riding the pine in today's NBA would be Hall of Famers if they were transported in a time-machine to play in the 80s.

Quit being hysterical for yesteryear. This is as good as it gets.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

They all would fair fine, you guys act like it was WWE besides all those guys shoot more jumpers than drive the lane with the exception of Harden, Cousins, and maybe Kyrie closer to 50/50.

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Not sure they'd adjust to this...

23 should be called for the charge here. Laimbeer was just misunderstood outside Detroit.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

@Shady - Kyrie to Tim Hardaway was indeed a flawed comparison, in terms of playing style. I was trying to say Kryie would likely end up injured (more than he already has) in the way Tim was. Tim Hardaway was such a beast before his body failed him. Even after he was playing without cartilage in his knees, he was still a major reason Miami was so good.

Unrelated, but you know what current player's game would seamlessly translate to that era? Chris Paul, not punches and all. He might even have been slightly better, as the physicality would've likely played to his benefit on defense.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Annnnnd curry sprained his ankle 2 steps after he landed, so basically he sprained it walking lol he would have been in a body bag in the 80's

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    @Shady - Kyrie to Tim Hardaway was indeed a flawed comparison, in terms of playing style. I was trying to say Kryie would likely end up injured (more than he already has) in the way Tim was. Tim Hardaway was such a beast before his body failed him. Even after he was playing without cartilage in his knees, he was still a major reason Miami was so good.

Unrelated, but you know what current player's game would seamlessly translate to that era? Chris Paul, not punches and all. He might even have been slightly better, as the physicality would've likely played to his benefit on defense.
    It looks like we agree on many nba related topics, I rly admired how Hardaway adapted his game due to his aging going from the UTEP 2 step to developing a knockdown 3 pointer from the top of the key. Always had handles above everyone else

I still remember the flack I would take during steph currys ascension when I firmly and still believe that cp3 was the hands down best pg in the league

He was the best for quite awhile and would thrive in any era no doubt. He rly developed everything in his game before he even arrived in lob city during his ascension in norl

First 12