thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why is it that every time Lebron joins a team, that team is totally built around him and whenever he doesn't play, that team can't win for shit. The Cavs without Lebron this year is easily the worst team in the NBA, maybe the worst defensive team in the history of the game. Yet, the Lakers without Lebron is actually worst than the Cavs.
    I think that narrative is overplayed, when Lebron left Cleveland the Cavs went into tank mode both times to get top picks, if the Cavs had kept their whole team together before Kyrie left they could have been around .500 in the horrible East.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I think that narrative is overplayed, when Lebron left Cleveland the Cavs went into tank mode both times to get top picks, if the Cavs had kept their whole team together before Kyrie left they could have been around .500 in the horrible East.
    Nope... Dumb ass Dan Gilbert tried hard as hell to win the first year Lebron left. He even proudly stated that the Cavs would win a title before the self appointed King ever win. Well that didn't work out well. It took a couple months of losing for the organization to realize that no way in hell were they going to win without Lebron.

Fast forward last year when Lebron says he's leaving again. What did Gilbert do? He kept every other player. He even signed always injured Kevin Love to a long term deal in a stupid effort to think the Cavs could somehow win. Hell, Tristan Thompson said that the Eastern Conference went through the Cavs since they went to 4 straight Finals. Talk about delusion. It took a couple of months again for the front office to realize that this team is shit on a stick without Lebron. They finally traded Hill and Kyle Korver but you better believe they were trying to win and not tank.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Nope... Dumb ass Dan Gilbert tried hard as hell to win the first year Lebron left. He even proudly stated that the Cavs would win a title before the self appointed King ever win. Well that didn't work out well. It took a couple months of losing for the organization to realize that no way in hell were they going to win without Lebron.

Fast forward last year when Lebron says he's leaving again. What did Gilbert do? He kept every other player. He even signed always injured Kevin Love to a long term deal in a stupid effort to think the Cavs could somehow win. Hell, Tristan Thompson said that the Eastern Conference went through the Cavs since they went to 4 straight Finals. Talk about delusion. It took a couple of months again for the front office to realize that this team is shit on a stick without Lebron. They finally traded Hill and Kyle Korver but you better believe they were trying to win and not tank.
    Owners always make statements about how they want to be competitive, but the Cavs didn't single big name free agents after Lebron left both times - why would Gilbert want to go into the luxury tax for a team that can't compete rather than tanking.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

I think after this game would be a good idea. His poor coaching To close that game out is a prime example. Kuzma only 30 min? GTFO

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    I think after this game would be a good idea. His poor coaching To close that game out is a prime example. Kuzma only 30 min? GTFO
    The problem in this game wasn't his coachingm its the fact that Ball shoots 41% from the foul line so he can't be on the court to finish games

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The problem in this game wasn't his coachingm its the fact that Ball shoots 41% from the foul line so he can't be on the court to finish games
    end of thread

players win not coaches

JayandCaitti
    JayandCaitti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Luke isnt the problem but I'm sure they will fire him anyways .

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Jackie McMullen reports he wants Walton fired now! Guy hasn't played in about 3 weeks, what's he upset about?

Like a Lion p1$$ing against a tree... he wants to assert his authority. He'll get another puppet coach like Lue, and be doomed.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Lakerboy and LeBron finally united. Hate to see it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

His dad is one great announcer I’ll tell ya cheese puff

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    His dad is one great announcer I’ll tell ya cheese puff
    Was a pleasure watching the UCLA/Az game Saturday with the Big Redhead interviewing
    Kareem and honoring the '69 Nat'l Championship team.
    Super job of ignoring the blowout and honoring the greats.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Was a pleasure watching the UCLA/Az game Saturday with the Big Redhead interviewing
    Kareem and honoring the '69 Nat'l Championship team.
    Super job of ignoring the blowout and honoring the greats.
    Yep I watched that. I thought it was a pretty entertaining broadcast. He keeps it fresh.

First 123