Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Pistons Relocation To Downtown Detroit In Jeopardy

It appears as though the Detroit Pistons’ attempt at relocating to the downtown area of the city has hit a rough patch. According to an affidavit from the team’s chief financial officer, Greg Campbell, the NBA may not approve the Pistons’ move to downtown Detroit if “all legal and financing matters are not settled before its board meets next month.”

“This uncertainty creates material financial risk to the Pistons and may affect the NBA’s evaluation of, and willingness to vote upon or approve of, the Pistons’ proposed relocation,” Campbell said. “The Pistons’ proposed relocation from Auburn Hills to the city remains subject to the approval of the National Basketball Association and its Board of Governors.”

It is also worth noting that the approximated cost of the potential move has already increased to $862 million while previously slated to cost $450 million. On the other hand, the project will likely be 62 percent privately funded.

“There is little time left to preserve the delicate balance of this complicated set of development agreements,” attorneys revealed over the weekend. “If this lawsuit remains pending and if the NBA or the Pistons find that the financing plan is at risk, the damage to the city of Detroit’s redevelopment plans would be incalculable.”

As a result, a hearing has been scheduled for Monday and will take place before Judge Mark Goldsmith in the U.S. District Court for Eastern Michigan.

“The NBA does not intend to vote upon or provide this approval unless and until all material elements of the Pistons’ relocation to the city have been finalized,” Campbell added.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/nb...ntown-detroit/

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Before looking at the article, I was expecting to read something like the NBA doesn't want to move to an arena in a shit hole area like downtown Detroit.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Do the Pistons ever have a sell out game?

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Detroit pistons need to move downtown. We're they are now is way away from most people and can't get there by highway you have get on side roads and there is nothing else around that arena. A move to Detroit will save that franchise.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Do the Pistons ever have a sell out game?
    Had the longest sell out crowds consecutive when few years ago when billups and them won the ship. I personally hope Pistons stay in auburn hills

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Had the longest sell out crowds consecutive when few years ago when billups and them won the ship. I personally hope Pistons stay in auburn hills
    Why?

paco

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why?
    Less work for me lol
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave paco 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

There's a lot more to this story that isn't public. Someone reneged on a contractual obligation. Oakland county was thinking about purchasing the Palace of Auburn Hills... then they backed out. Something is hush hush... but the truth will soon surface.

Basically what happened...

Ilitch Family: Hey Detroit we're building the most state of the art hockey/entertainment facility in the USA.

Tom Gores: Guys... can I get in on this? I'll move the team. I can do anything I want.

Ilitch Family: Sure Mr. Gores... you stroke us.... and we'll stroke you back.

Tom Gores: Guys... it's confirmed we're headed to Detroit... I fukked a few people over... but it's done.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

HockeyTown, USA

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Paco you still washing fukkin cars for a living with towels on your fukkin shoulders???

paco

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Paco you still washing fukkin cars for a living with towels on your fukkin shoulders???
    Yes. Wire me a dime coach.