Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Every year they have Bill Russell with the MVP trophy. I think this is the first year in the last 5 that the winner actually acknowledged him when the trophy was presented.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

Doris and espn posing questions like GSW had to overcome adversity. They dominated the reg season and blew through the playoffs. There's no story other than dominant team dominates.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Coming from a Nets fan...count your blessings and enjoy every dam second of this team
    Nets fan here too...haha we'll be back in like 2040

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Coming from a Nets fan...count your blessings and enjoy every dam second of this team
    Thank you I will. The Warriors were the Nets for over 2 decades. So there is hope!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Thank you I will. The Warriors were the Nets for over 2 decades. So there is hope!
    Congrats...it's cool to watch your team dominate but not a good thing for NBA and casual NBA fans who aren't Cavs or Warriors fans

Im sure you understand

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I still think the best team I ever saw in my lifetime were the 1983 NBA Champion Philadelphia 76er's. Fo-Fo-Fo

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Just averaged a triple double for the series pretty sure....LOL it will only undermine his case to people that are clueless or haters

You're a Chicago guy, correct?
    Listen, I said the guy is amazing. But the GOAT cannot lost 5/8 finals.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Listen, I said the guy is amazing. But the GOAT cannot lost 5/8 finals.
    Youre an MJ/ Bulls guy I get it....That's a dumb argument though. How can you knock Lebron for losing this season when he averaged a triple double in the finals and still lost 4-1? Makes zero sense and has nothing to do with whether or not he is the best basketball player ever

Argument should be based on basketball skills and accomplishments not what the rest of your teammates do and how opposing teams are constructed

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Nets fan here too...haha we'll be back in like 2040
    thats a stretch

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Congrats...it's cool to watch your team dominate but not a good thing for NBA and casual NBA fans who aren't Cavs or Warriors fans

Im sure you understand
    Of course I do. When the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls were dominating. The Warriors were hot garbage through all of it.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Youre an MJ/ Bulls guy I get it....That's a dumb argument though. How can you knock Lebron for losing this season when he averaged a triple double in the finals and still lost 4-1? Makes zero sense and has nothing to do with whether or not he is the best basketball player ever

Argument should be based on basketball skills and accomplishments not what the rest of your teammates do and how opposing teams are constructed
    Westbrook averaged a triple double the entire season

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

This was terrible to watch, and that seems to be the consensus. Granted, injuries for the Celtics and spurs didn't help.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    This was terrible to watch, and that seems to be the consensus. Granted, injuries for the Celtics and spurs didn't help.
    two team race for 9 months... pretty bad if you ask me. this is why NFL= the cash cow league

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

They win next year as well..

Lebron not winning another title unless Kwahi Leonard goes to the Cavs in the off season from the Spurs.. Even that might not be enough..

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    im pretty sure this is the third time Lebrons guy will be getting the MVP of the finals. Iggy, Durant, and i forget the other one. Anyone remember the guy who got the mvp of the finals when Jordan played?
    Kawhi Leonard.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

im pretty sure this is the third time Lebrons guy will be getting the MVP of the finals. Iggy, Durant, and i forget the other one. Anyone remember the guy who got the mvp of the finals when Jordan played?
    MVP was Spelled J-O-R-D-A-N 6-0

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Congrats to KD for ruining the NBA playoffs....They were great last season with the Warriors/OKC and Warriors/Cavs series. Nothing even close this year

Great player but completely gutless move. Hope he's happy being a champion, no one really cares except Warrior fans. It doesn't carry the same weight as leading YOUR team to a title, it just doesn't
    You summed up my thoughts! I've been a warriors fan for longer than a lot of guys here been alive. Basically boycotted them this year (well KD, not them). Only watched the 10-12 games he was out and was loving it...all about pat Mccaw, McGee, etc.

Watched tonight but numb to it all no emotion. I'll be back next year. Still hoping Kd signs elsewhere though.

Yeah I'm pretty much the only Dubs fan in the Bay who has this take. But most are fake ass new fans anyway.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave tatddy 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MoneyLineDawg gave tatddy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy gave tatddy 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

KD couldn't win with Westbrook so he went to the Warriors where he knew he could win.. Can you blame the guy?

The NBA should have blocked the KD trade like when they blocked Chris Paul from going to the Lakers to join Kobe.. That was David Stern who blocked that trade with Chris Paul. Chris Paul then goes to the Clippers....

Adam Silver let KD go to the Warriors.. Different NBA commissioners...

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Laker, were the finals tainted?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    KD couldn't win with Westbrook so he went to the Warriors where he knew he could win.. Can you blame the guy?

The NBA should have blocked the KD trade like when they blocked Chris Paul from going to the Lakers to join Kobe.. That was David Stern who blocked that trade with Chris Paul. Chris Paul then goes to the Clippers....

Adam Silver let KD go to the Warriors.. Different NBA commissioners...
    KD didn't just win with this team, he didn't ride them to a title, he led them to a title. Without KD, the Cavs win again this year.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    KD didn't just win with this team, he didn't ride them to a title, he led them to a title. Without KD, the Cavs win again this year.
    Yeah the warriors had no chance without KD. That's why they signed him. It's not like curry was leading them to a title. They found that out twice

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I agree.. KD made all the difference on this Warriors team..

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

NBA is boring

Give me NHL playoffs any day

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

I thought the goal was to build a great team, maybe I'm wrong
    uhhh, Warriors were already built with a chip and 73 win season but lost a game 7 at home coming up a bit short

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Don't see any team beating the Warriors for the next 3+ seasons. They are going to go on a 1990s Bulls type run.

Even if Lebron remains best player in the league, the Warriors still have a 2-5 that nobody can beat collectively (Durant, Curry, Green, Thompson). Durant gets the last laugh as he's the difference in why the Warriors are the best and Cavs a distant 2nd.

It's going to get awfully boring for the NBA tho. Lot of fans were still into the Bulls bc of MJ. This Warriors team will make fans lose interest. They don't have an MJ. It's bad for the league when one team has no other competition.

Honestly the only way I could think of a team competing against the Warriors is if Lebron and Chris Paul went to San Antonio together. Paul, Leonard, Lebron, Aldridge with Pop coaching would beat the Warriors.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Kyrie played lights out this series. Kid is a fantastic player
    Irving was trash for 4/5 games. He had many momentum killing turnovers and was completely outplayed by Curry. Literally nobody on Cleveland deserved to be on the court other than Lebron.

If you combined both teams into one team, the Warriors would have 4 starters and the Cavs 1.

hartgers
    hartgers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron will leave cleveland again and sign with dubs. otherwise no more rings in his career

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Laker, were the finals tainted?
    No.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Kevin love will be traded

First 12