Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Tracy McGrady wishing he stayed in Orlando?

I remember when Tracy McGrady was crying about how he hated Orlando and wanted out right after the Magic drafted Dwight Howard. Dwight publicly said he hoped Tmac would check him out and reconsider leaving. Fast forward to present...

Tmac still can't get out of the 2nd round while Orlando is a permanent contender to come out of the East. All the players that were traded for McGrady are gone and the team that is left is almost exactly the team Tracy would have been on the court with.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Maybe I'm missing something here, Bill. But the Magic have been 22-games under .500 since McGrady left while the Rockets have enjoyed a pair of 50-win seasons since his arrival

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, Bill. But the Magic have been 22-games under .500 since McGrady left while the Rockets have enjoyed a pair of 50-win seasons since his arrival
    Houston had 3 disappointing seasons and is on its way down. Howard is an MVP candidate going into 08. Either way, in the East the Magic could have been like the Cavs the last 2 years in the finals.

Willie Bee

Hmm, ok. When Orlando makes it to the playoffs two straight years, then perhaps I'll buy into the 'permanent contender in the East' deal. All I know is Houston got the better end of the deal if only by getting rid of Little Stevie Franchise

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Well that's not really fair since you need to take TMAC's 25 points from Houston and give it to the Magic. Who knows what Houston would do with Steve and Mobley, but the Magic would have made it out of rd 1.

The main point is that Houston would love to trade Yao for Howard straight up. Tracy would have had a better cast in Orlando and no one standing in the way. I think Orlando is one perimeter player away from some noise.

Willie Bee

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    ...but the Magic would have made it out of rd 1.
    That's one helluva' crystal ball you have there, bossman

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Do you mean Tracy "I've never been out of the first round" McGrady?