Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post

Poor underachieving millionaire not in the most unwatchable game of the year. Really something to spend your energy on, Goat. Well done.
    Clueless. Being selected to all star is confirmation of your ability. The game means nothing. It's for the resume and self confidence. Whenever any player sizes up Melo to guard him, they know he's one of the best in the world. If you follow my wagers past few weeks you'd prolly be up 10 grand. Take notes.

iceman02
    iceman02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2965

Carmelo is not an allstar this season. He cant even cry the knicks to the playoffs in the EAST.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by iceman02 View Post
    Carmelo is not an allstar this season. He cant even cry the knicks to the playoffs in the EAST.

He never takes any team to the playoffs

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

The kind of all star they want to ship him out of new York now...go figure

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Goat....stop complaining and pay your debts!!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

He's a black hole on offense, doesn't make his teammates better and doesn't play defense. But hey, he can score.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Goat....stop complaining and pay your debts!!
    Don't say that.... we'll hear crickets soon enough

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

OP with yet another terrible take lol

Carmelo is garbage just like you, goat splooge

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Clueless. Being selected to all star is confirmation of your ability. The game means nothing. It's for the resume and self confidence. Whenever any player sizes up Melo to guard him, they know he's one of the best in the world. If you follow my wagers past few weeks you'd prolly be up 10 grand. Take notes.
    They will never get it. Paul Pierce has called him the hardest player he has ever had to guard. These people who hate him, think he's garbage, and a team killer are the ones that complain about how bad it is to watch the NBA. Oh, and think no one plays defense. Basketball isn't a strength of SBR posters. No point in arguing.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    They will never get it. Paul Pierce has called him the hardest player he has ever had to guard. These people who hate him, think he's garabage, and a team killer are the ones that complain about how bad it is to watch the NBA. Oh, and think no one plays defense. Basketball isn't a strength of SBR posters. No point in arguing.
    coming from a Cuse homer, gimme a break

wazsx
    wazsx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1111

not sure if op trolling or stupid

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    coming from a Cuse homer, gimme a break
    I guess Paul Pierce hasn't a clue. Or the fact he's the highest scorer in USA basketball Olympic history, and the only one with three Gold medals. Just me being a homer, you're right. He's terrible.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

They will never get it. Paul Pierce has called him the hardest player he has ever had to guard. These people who hate him, think he's garbage, and a team killer are the ones that complain about how bad it is to watch the NBA. Oh, and think no one plays defense. Basketball isn't a strength of SBR posters. No point in arguing.
    Cuse I laid it out quite simply,you said it yourself you think Carmelo is one of the greats,so maybe its you that needs to reconsider what a great is,not someone that just scores and does f@ck all as far as carrying his team on his back.

Cuse0323

You're right. He's not a first ballot HOFer, and is awful. You win.

packerd_00

We all have are opinion man,but saying none of us have a clue about Basketball because we don't agree. I wasn't trying to argue,just have a debate,its not personal.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

without readin any of the other posts here due to time contrainsts (ie, this has probably been mentioned), I'll go out on a limb and say maybe the other players and the leauge didn't want to catch this "cancer" and take it back to their own teams.....?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a 1st ballot hall of famer

Just a ball hog great scorer that could not lead any team he played on

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    We all have are opinion man,but saying none of us have a clue about Basketball because we don't agree. I wasn't trying to argue,just have a debate,its not personal.
    I don't wanna get personal. If I did, I apologize. Agree to disagree, and we can move on. I've been having this argument for too long. I just know the man, and watch him more than most. So, maybe it is personal to me. I just think there's this false narrative about him out there. He's not LeBron. I get that. I'm not saying he's the greatest of all time, just that he's far from garbage, and highly respected by his peers.

Just my opinion. We could go back, and forth but no point. Again, my bad for getting personal on people's Basketball acumen.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00

I don't wanna get personal. If I did, I apologize. Agree to disagree, and we can move on. I've been having this argument for too long. I just know the man, and watch him more than most. So, maybe it is personal to me. I just think there's this false narrative about him out there. He's not LeBron. I get that. I'm not saying he's the greatest of all time, just that he's far from garbage, and highly respected by his peers.

Just my opinion. We could go back, and forth but no point. Again, my bad for getting personal on people's Basketball acumen.
    Nah its all good bud,I know how that is when your a fan of a certain player.

Truce

JAKEPEAVY21

I guess Paul Pierce hasn't a clue. Or the fact he's the highest scorer in USA basketball Olympic history, and the only one with three Gold medals. Just me being a homer, you're right. He's terrible.
    can't play defense

doesn't make players around him better

never won shit in the NBA

great, he can score points on a losing team every year

winning 3 gold medals does not impress me...the USA wins gold almost every Olympics..he simply opted in more than others

all that said, I am impressed by his wife's rack

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

Everyone should know by now melo is overrated.

Come on... This discussion died 5 years ago.

League has a million scoring talents. Need more than scoring to win

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    all that said, I am impressed by his wife's rack
    gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "I'd like to take it to the rack!!!!"
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

All star selections are about who is having the best CURRENT year. It's not a career achievement award. Melo is a great scorer, and that's it!

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Goat burying himself as usual. Worried about the state of Carmelo's "self confidence and resume". I'm sure Carmelo sits around at night worried about you too bro. You'd do just great as an NBA GM, Goat, building your team around Melo as a centerpiece .

iceman02
    iceman02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2965

Carmelo is so overrated.

I've seen amaretto carry the knicks.

I've seen Jeremy lin will the knicks to the playoffs.

What has Carmelo done in NYC to even be praised?

He absolutely does not bring anything to the table when it comes to making players around you better. He is better coming off the bench on a good team at this point.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

There's more than 12 players better - the only reason he scores so much is because he shoots 25-30 times a game.

First 12