dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Who has Golden State beaten?

In a 7 game series over the past 2 years they've beaten NO, Memphis, Houston, depleted Cavs, Houston, and Portland.

They constantly give up 110-115 points a game and have yet to face a fully healthy Okc or Cavs in a 7 game series. Thoughts?

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Extremely good point, no argument here. I think they finally get that test next round, regardless of who they face.

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

I see your point here but Golden State hasn't lost back to back games all year . If any team beats them I assume it has to be the cavs but it's just hard for me to believe any team winning three games in Oracle..... I can't wait either way it goes it's going to be great. Pick good spots when the value is there and get a win

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Another awesome point -- they are a very lucky team consistently playing injured talent in the playoffs -- OKC, Spurs and Cavs at full health are going to be too much

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
    Another awesome point -- they are a very lucky team consistently playing injured talent in the playoffs -- OKC, Spurs and Cavs at full health are going to be too much
    As opposed to the Cavs who never play anyone until the finals.

louielouie

Just swept the second best defense in the NBA while setting the post season record for threes in a series in only 4 games yaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn

Yuri7999
    Yuri7999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

It won't be a cakewalk for GSW to the championship after 2 rounds . Yeah they will be tested with Spurs, Thunders or cavs, but to say that these teams are going to be too much for GSW is plainly a moronic statement. Stop with your bias thinking and denials. See what they have accomplished this year.

sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7156

Just swept the second best defense in the NBA while setting the post season record for threes in a series in only 4 games yaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn
    Lol 2nd best regular season defense in the league? Playoffs is about matchup, Cavs is the worst matchup possible for hawks, and rightfully so they got swept. Hawks just did not have a closer to close out games, they had sizable leads in a few games they played against cavs. Cavs are overrated as penetrate, its not even funny. Indiana pacers got almost identical regular season defensive stats as the hawks, are you trying to tell me Pacers are the 3rd best defensive team in the league?? get a clue you dumbass.

Let me remind you, out of all the teams in playoffs, Warriors are the worst matchup for the cavs. You will see why. I'd give Cavs a shot if they are up against the spurs or the okc, but not dubs.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9071

Warriors record against the Spurs, Thunder, Cavs, Clippers and Raptors (all other teams with 50 wins) this season:

14-1. You guys keep trying to come up with reasons why the Warriors will lose. Doesn't matter if they give up 110-115 points when they counter that with 120-125.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13413

saloon this shit

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Who has Golden State beaten In a 7 game series over the past 2 years they've beaten NO, Memphis, Houston, depleted Cavs, Houston, and Portland.
    Um, everyone that's been put in front of them. Not sure if you know how playoff seeding works, but you don't choose your opponent.

dmncnlou

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Warriors record against the Spurs, Thunder, Cavs, Clippers and Raptors (all other teams with 50 wins) this season:

14-1. You guys keep trying to come up with reasons why the Warriors will lose. Doesn't matter if they give up 110-115 points when they counter that with 120-125.
    Cut the jokes. Regular season means absolutely nothing! Ask the Panthers, 2007 Patriots, or 2011 Maverickss. The Lakers swept the regular season against the 2011 Mavs and then the Mavs swept them in the playoffs.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

dmncnlou get a life

rpesi9955

A lucky team that only lost 11 times in 92 games , never back and only 3 times to teams over .600 let's not mention only twice at home. If any team beats them in a series I would have to say that team has to contain LeBron.....It is definitely a possibility but I just don't see putting money against the Warriors as an intelligent decision in a series.

Yuri7999

Fools with blinders on and carrying james' sac in their mouth make them think that the cavs are a superior team.

rpesi9955

Quote Originally Posted by DUBnation View Post
    Um, everyone that's been put in front of them. Not sure if you know how playoff seeding works, but you don't choose your opponent.
    Guys got a point here.

dmncnlou

Quote Originally Posted by rpesi9955 View Post
    A lucky team that only lost 11 times in 92 games , never back and only 3 times to teams over .600 let's not mention only twice at home. If any team beats them in a series I would have to say that team has to contain LeBron.....It is definitely a possibility but I just don't see putting money against the Warriors as an intelligent decision in a series.
    All that's fine and dandy but as a bettor you have to look at both sides of the coin. All you hear is who can beat this team in a 7 game series but in fact they haven't beaten anyone championship caliber in a series. Whether Golden State wins it or not I really could give 2 phucks. I want to make a $.

rpesi9955

All that's fine and dandy but as a bettor you have to look at both sides of the coin. All you hear is who can beat this team in a 7 game series but in fact they haven't beaten anyone championship caliber in a series. Whether Golden State wins it or not I really could give 2 phucks. I want to make a $.
    I'm with you.simply put man, I like it.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

op suggests GS should play themselves

simulate it on 2k if it makes you happy~

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9071

Well if you insist on betting against them...I would just say stick to taking shots when they're road favorites.

louielouie

Cavs or thunder will definitely win one of first two games at oracle

rpesi9955

Cavs or thunder will definitely win one of first two games at oracle
    I agree with you on this one but I wouldn't bet on it.

louielouie

Good money they will both be around plus 200-250 - cavs would be favored at home -3

rpesi9955

Good money they will both be around plus 200-250 - cavs would be favored at home -3
    Cavs favorite at home that statement is definitely pushing it. But we will see shortly.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

In a 7 game series over the past 2 years they've beaten NO, Memphis, Houston, depleted Cavs, Houston, and Portland.

They constantly give up 110-115 points a game and have yet to face a fully healthy Okc or Cavs in a 7 game series. Thoughts?
    1. You can only beat the level of competition put in front of you. Warriors can't do anything about the quality of opposition they face.

2. They do concede over 100 ppg, but that's the style they chose to play, which is simply to back their offence against anyone's in a head to head shoot-out, knowing that no team can compete with their firepower. Don't think for a minute that this team isn't capable of being a defensive juggernaut if they chose to play that way. Why? Because the pieces are all already there. Bogut, Green & Iggy are all-defensive level defenders, Bogut is an above average rim protector who once led the league in blocks, Iggy is still an excellent on-ball/perimeter defender, Green does a bit of everything & is always in the DPOY conversation, both Thompson & Barnes are slightly above average defenders & Curry led the league in steals this season & is slightly underrated as a defender (it's just that he is so focused on offence all the time, not that he can't play on-ball D). Livingston is a big bodied guard who plays hard & is capable of guarding strong/physical guards that might perhaps out-muscle Curry) , and Ezeli & Varejao are both solid "hustle" guys. If the splash brothers weren't so gifted at what they do, then you could almost imagine this team as a slower tempoed lock down defensive team.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Only on SBR.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: frugalgambler

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

2015-16 Season

Warriors Beat Spurs 3-1 *

Warriors Beat Cavs 2-0 *

Warriors Beat Thunder 3-0 *

* fully healthy teams

Its not a 7 games series but swept them this season except Spurs.

Won 34pts vs. Cavs (home court) what a shame.

Won game winning 3pointer by Steph vs. Thunder.

73-9 end of reg. season.

louielouie

Regular season doesn't equal playoffs - whole new motivation and ball game

jmunzz1116
    jmunzz1116's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

Regular season doesn't equal playoffs - whole new motivation and ball game
    Right...but the GSW still just had the best season in history to secure themselves home court advantage which helps to win the playoffs...they also just won this last Championship remember? They would have swept Portland too if Curry was healthy and he's healthy now. Only chance your Cavs have is for Curry to go out...also if GSW lost those games they'd have been 2nd seeded to the Spurs so stop acting like regular season doesn't matter. Why is it so hard for everyone to give them their props when their absolutely due even if it is a watered down league? I just don't get it...I am a Dallas Mavericks fan and I always will be I'm sure...(go Cowboys too bitches) but I have no problem at all whatsoever giving GSW their props...hell I enjoy watching their games more than my own team. Why though? Because watching them play right now gives me a similar feeling of greatness that I had watching Jordan in 96 when I was 8 years old. Hey you know Lebrick never made me feel like I was watching greatness because he's not great he's just physically gifted. I have more actual basketball talent than Lebrick does I'm just not 6 8 250+ lbs. Lebrick had to move to Miami and put together one of the most stacked squads in history to win.
    Last edited by jmunzz1116; 05-13-16 at 12:44 AM.

rpesi9955

Quote Originally Posted by jmunzz1116 View Post
    Right...but the GSW still just had the best season in history to secure themselves home court advantage which helps to win the playoffs...they also just won this last Championship remember? They would have swept Portland too if Curry was healthy and he's healthy now. Only chance your Cavs have is for Curry to go out...also if GSW lost those games they'd have been 2nd seeded to the Spurs so stop acting like regular season doesn't matter. Why is it so hard for everyone to give them their props when their absolutely due even if it is a watered down league? I just don't get it...I am a Dallas Mavericks fan and I always will be I'm sure...(go Cowboys too bitches) but I have no problem at all whatsoever giving GSW their props...hell I enjoy watching their games more than my own team. Why though? Because watching them play right now gives me a similar feeling of greatness that I had watching Jordan in 96 when I was 8 years old.
    No one will give them props cause that would be to easy. No one wants to be square here. At least that's how I see it.

Yuri7999

Props for giving props, especially from a fan from another team.

rpesi9955

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    1. You can only beat the level of competition put in front of you. Warriors can't do anything about the quality of opposition they face.

2. They do concede over 100 ppg, but that's the style they chose to play, which is simply to back their offence against anyone's in a head to head shoot-out, knowing that no team can compete with their firepower. Don't think for a minute that this team isn't capable of being a defensive juggernaut if they chose to play that way. Why? Because the pieces are all already there. Bogut, Green & Iggy are all-defensive level defenders, Bogut is an above average rim protector who once led the league in blocks, Iggy is still an excellent on-ball/perimeter defender, Green does a bit of everything & is always in the DPOY conversation, both Thompson & Barnes are slightly above average defenders & Curry led the league in steals this season & is slightly underrated as a defender (it's just that he is so focused on offence all the time, not that he can't play on-ball D). Livingston is a big bodied guard who plays hard & is capable of guarding strong/physical guards that might perhaps out-muscle Curry) , and Ezeli & Varejao are both solid "hustle" guys. If the splash brothers weren't so gifted at what they do, then you could almost imagine this team as a slower tempoed lock down defensive team.
    This man knows what he's talking about.

dmncnlou

It ain't looking good Golden State.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

It ain't looking good Golden State.
    Your initial post is spot on....WHO have they beaten ? A Memphis team with an injured Mike Conley who had shut down Steph Curry prior to....An injured CAVS team with a 30 year old..Small Forward playing 47 minutes a game...A Houston Rockets team whos Coach was hired 4 games into the season...A Portland team whos starting guard averaged 7 points a game last year.....OKC is the first real TEAM they have faced in the playoffs in 2 years....The Warriors are in Trouble...

louielouie

SK002 check in I know your life is terrible right now but I can get you a tinder hook up with rpesi for 5 dollars if you are willing to accept a teeth job and some choking

12 Last