Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Why are basketball players so goddamn lazy?

I'm so sick of it. You know when they have a 20-30 point lead they usually start playing horribly.
    Just now I took 5 live bets on one team, -23.5, -32.5, -37.5, -42.5 and -46.5. You know by how much they won? By 24 fukking points. It happens so often that I should better just cash out the bets while I have the huge edge over the current line. I did cash out at least the latter 3 to salvage the losses.

What's worst is that the winning team not only stops attacking, but also their defense becomes non-existent. Typical example game: 30:10, 28:12, 20:24, 14:35. Also, what I don't understand is why the losing team always tries so hard. It's like dudes, you're down 32 fukking points with one quarter left, what kind of a rabbit are you trying to pull out of your hat? Just become lazy like the winners so your lazinness evens out.

In no other sport that I know of the winning teams get so lazy so often.

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

See, that's what I'm talking about. Soccer players are no lazy asses. They could've chilled after going 3-0 but instead they played to their last breath to make me some money.

Name:  winning.gif
Views: 215
Size:  65.4 KB

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who knows

race might have something to do with it

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

one of the many reasons why I don't bet NBA...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Winning teams in a blowout usually put their scrubs in late while the losing team will keep the starters in to try to be respectable

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I have not watched or bet an NBA game for about 25 years!!...................But back in the " old days " NBA hoops were great! Use to be a Knick fan..Man!! Willis Reed, Clyde Frasier,Earl the Pearl(my fav.),Dave D.,Bradly,Phil Jackson,ect....Other teams with...Wes Unsell,Spencer Haywood( he could plam a football(thumb and index finger would go around the football),Wilt,Cowens,DR J,Rick Barry....Sorry guys I got carried away!!!
    Last edited by CappinTerp; 05-15-16 at 11:31 AM. Reason: old days
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave CappinTerp 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Its the disease that has affected every sport, THESE GUYS GET PAID WAY TOO MUCH MONEY! You're down 20 with a quarter to go, might as well give a half-assed effort. Hopefully the coach will let you sit the bench while the scrubs bust their ass. It's even worse in the regular season when it's a meaningless game in March after you have a playoff spot wrapped up or worse, you're team is out of it and they're just finishing the string. It's like baseball in September, mostly garbage games with guys walking to first base and sleeping in the dugout. Why bust your ass, you got PAID?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Non-athletic losing bettors telling some of the greatest athletes on earth they are lazy!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Non-athletic losing bettors telling some of the greatest athletes on earth they are lazy!
    exactly...

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

these are garbage leagues for garbage talent this guy is betting this has nothing to do with basketball in general

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post

In no other sport that I know of the winning teams get so lazy so often.
    In football there is a common thing called the backdoor touchdown.

This has happened to all gamblers on numerous occasions.

Teams play a little softer when leading. Why go all out? They're in the business to win the game, not cover the spread.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

basketball is the only sport where they even build it into video games for the team with the lead to play bad.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Because they're black! End of thread next topic

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

It's the shoes!!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Stupid thread.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    classic right, then we have the guy who doesn't bet NBA making his way to the NBA forum and reply to this N.B.A thread..

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

If you make stupid bets you will lose. Your bets were stupid.

Quit whining like a little bitch. Nobody forced you into your losing bets. Blame yourself for being a moron.