Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14781

I can't believe I'm gonna be cheering for 'Cuse.
    This is gonna be great.

I want to see Buddy dismantle that crazy Syracuse zone.

GL

Points Awarded:

POOLSIDE gave Jayvegas420 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Totally fair point. Cuse does give up a lot of offensive rebounds due to the zone. Boeheim has a week to tweak his zone specifically for the Tar Heels. If Syracuse can limit these, and manage to get the majority of the 50/50 plays to go in their favor, I really like their chances on the moneyline.
    I keep hearing about how many 'great bigs' UNC has. Is their size advantage really significant?

Assuming 'depth issue' becomes overwhelming - which I don't think it will - and both teams shoot under 25% on jump shots (see NCAA Championship game 2011 which was played in this same gym)... would you be worried about UNC size advantage playing a key role in completely shutting down any scoring Syracuse was planning to do? I understand that in a home game Syracuse would mostly score over the top of UNC defenders, but what if that's not an option? Isn't there a decent chance this game ends up 75-59 with UNC out rebounding them badly?

I keep hearing about how good Syracuse is at pressing the ball. Who has better roster to combat selective press by Syracuse - Virginia or North Carolina?

Once Syracuse falls behind (and even your bandwagon members should agree there's a high chance of that happening) and the decision is made to press the ball handlers, how do you see UNC handling it, better or worse than Virginia did last game? It was quite clear the Cavaliers were not prepared. But I'm not sure anything can prepare you to have to play a different game, or handle the ball better/make crispier passes all around the court.

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    I keep hearing about how many 'great bigs' UNC has. Is their size advantage really significant?

Assuming 'depth issue' becomes overwhelming - which I don't think it will - and both teams shoot under 25% on jump shots (see NCAA Championship game 2011 which was played in this same gym)... would you be worried about UNC size advantage playing a key role in completely shutting down any scoring Syracuse was planning to do? I understand that in a home game Syracuse would mostly score over the top of UNC defenders, but what if that's not an option? Isn't there a decent chance this game ends up 75-59 with UNC out rebounding them badly?

I keep hearing about how good Syracuse is at pressing the ball. Who has better roster to combat selective press by Syracuse - Virginia or North Carolina?

Once Syracuse falls behind (and even your bandwagon members should agree there's a high chance of that happening) and the decision is made to press the ball handlers, how do you see UNC handling it, better or worse than Virginia did last game? It was quite clear the Cavaliers were not prepared. But I'm not sure anything can prepare you to have to play a different game, or handle the ball better/make crispier passes all around the court.
    so who covers? UNC or Cuse?

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

I can see Syracuse losing this game by thirty. I can also see them winning by double digits. I'll try to address everything you mentioned. I want to be clear that I'm basically playing devil's advocate with my following reply. I'm making the case for Syracuse. I can also make the case against Syracuse. If I was unable to make a case against Syracuse, I wouldn't be betting the game. We know by now how those games end up lol.

Size advantage. Unc is bigger in the middle and smaller on the outside. Syracuse doesn't have a player under 6'4", but they also don't have a player over 6'9". Gonzaga's best two players are 6'11" and 6'10". It's not like the Cuse has never seen tall guys before. That's the thing about the zone. It either works or it doesn't. If unc is gonna shoot their way out of it, hats off to them. But it's pretty much agreed upon at this point that the way to beat that zone is to get the ball inside and create space on the outside. If unc's bigs are gonna get the ball down low (which alone is more difficult than against man to man) and create their own shots without kicking the ball outside and they consistently score like that... again, bravo. Totally a possibility.

If Syracuse shoots 25% on jump shots, they've got a problem. I don't even care what unc is shooting at that point, Syracuse has a problem. With that said, Syracuse is very athletic and very talented. I'm not saying they'll consistently score at the rack, but it would not shock me. They have a couple guys that can create their own shot in traffic, and if the Tar Heels collapse on them, they've got guys who can knock down jump shots. They're also able to get to the line, which could be a huge factor in this game. I'll be honest, I'd be a lot more worried about a poor shooting performance as a Tar Heel backer than as a Syracuse backer.

North Carolina might be the single most equipped team to handle the press. Boeheim will know this. Do not expect to see the same press (which was insanely ballsy if you didn't watch the game) they used against Virginia. They'll have to alter it somewhat. To answer your question about unc handling the press better or worse than Virginia, I will lightheartedly ask you if that was a joke question. How could they possibly handle it worse?
    Points Awarded:

Grivas_Digeni gave POOLSIDE 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thedirk
    thedirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 709

Good luck POOLSIDE! Whether it wins or it loses, keep sharing your thoughts and plays, love your insights.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by thedirk View Post
    Good luck POOLSIDE! Whether it wins or it loses, keep sharing your thoughts and plays, love your insights.
    Appreciated! Great choice of name/pic!

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Much appreciated! I understand the tension my questions/opinion probably created after you've made your pick - and some people probably tailed. I'm pretty sure anyone who hasn't tailed yet, should be inclined even more to do that now. Again, thank you.

----------
    The question - of course - was as if we were to handicap two different games:
    A) Virginia vs Syracuse (with that lead, Virginia would be better off fielding 5 guards after HT; anything would work better!)
    B) UNC vs Syracuse

If I understand correctly, the answer I was looking for is this:
    North Carolina might be the single most equipped team to handle the press.
    Points Awarded:

POOLSIDE gave Grivas_Digeni 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

POOLSIDE

Much appreciated! I understand the tension my questions/opinion probably created after you've made your pick - and some people probably tailed. I'm pretty sure anyone who hasn't tailed yet, should be inclined even more to do that now. Again, thank you.

----------
    The question - of course - was as if we were to handicap two different games:
    A) Virginia vs Syracuse (with that lead, Virginia would be better off fielding 5 guards after HT; anything would work better!)
    B) UNC vs Syracuse

If I understand correctly, the answer I was looking for is this:
    North Carolina might be the single most equipped team to handle the press.
    No tension at all! I like talking about sports. Besides, the bets are already in. Nothing we say can change that now lolol.

But yes, if North Carolina is up fourteen points with nine minutes left, Syracuse probably isn't winning the game. However, covering +9.5 at this point isn't hopeless by any stretch of the imagination.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Sent you 10 points.

As in, PLUS TEN.
    Points Awarded:

POOLSIDE gave Grivas_Digeni 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

POOLSIDE

Bet #10

Syracuse Orange +9.5 (-105)
    $2000 to win $1904.76

Syracuse Orange +10 (-105)
    $2000 to win $1904.76

POOLSIDE

Line changed at Heritage. Was able to get another bet in.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5762

Rooting for ya!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

pacman100
    pacman100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

I'm taking UNC to win by 6-10 for +325 odds. Good luck to all

newjack
    newjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1750

Good luck mate guys, hopefully we TID!
    Nomination(s):

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Amazing thread.

Great run.

Good luck tonight.
    Points Awarded:

POOLSIDE gave The Giant 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Amazing thread.

Great run.

Good luck tonight.
    Thanks! And welcome back!

mikeak
    mikeak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post

Bet #10

Syracuse Orange +9.5 (-105)
    $2000 to win $1904.76

Syracuse Orange +10 (-105)
    $2000 to win $1904.76

Good luck dude! Rooting for you with heart and wallet
    Nomination(s):

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

I'm on you with this! But only like betting 12% of what you are. BOL man. Hope we hit it! This team so hot how could you not bet them.
    Nomination(s):

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

APR 2 7:35 PM Basketball - Pending 402.50 to win 350.00
    1. Basketball - North Carolina - spread -9½ (-115)
    for the entire game held on Apr 02 at 7:45pm [Pending]

hedge time for me...... I know this won't make sense, but LET'S GO CUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10812

2 of their last 13 unreal

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11177

So what's the feeling on the first half?

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    So what's the feeling on the first half?
    Syracuse is 3/10 from the free throw line ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

newjack
    newjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1750

Is it worth taking +13,5 on sy since i missed the bet before? I guess according to the bet it is but given the game flow and all

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by newjack View Post
    Is it worth taking +13,5 on sy since i missed the bet before? I guess according to the bet it is but given the game flow and all
    Tough to say. Syracuse has to be more aggressive on offense, and they've gotta make their free throws.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by newjack View Post
    Looks like you can get +14.5. The second half line appears to me +3.5.

I'm worried they might get blown out, it's tough to say. Hopefully they have some magic left in them from the Virginia game.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Bah. Not a cool 1H by 'cuse. The mojo might be running out.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Cuse has won and made their name in the 2nd half.
    Let it play out fellas

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Cuse needs to make their FT... but I think they they are done running on fumes..

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

We said that the last 2 as well haha
    No way anyone on the planet thought they would come back , down 15 with 9 to go vs the #2 defense in the country either.
    Boeheim, halftime adjustments, he's pretty good at it .
    Let's go Cuse , get the MOJO going guys.
    Let's see how it plays out
    Hell, we just need under 9 anyway not a Win .

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10812

Gbiniji keeps penetrating slipping that is like the 3rd time he did that .

TheChamp1
    TheChamp1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6383

The infamous Syracuse zone is getting dominated

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

POOLSIDE

We need a run here. Have to have it.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11177

Last 5 minutes to make something happen.

*Missed 3 shots promptly

The Giant

I've never seen a game when the referees don't make any calls, on either team, ever.

First ... 10111213141516 ... Last