MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Comparing across eras is fun and all but ultimately useless. No one wins. Just enjoy watching greatness.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

check in

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Looks like I'm going to be right especially if they break the Bulls single season win record and win the NBA title

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11818

I cant believe what I just watched. Sorry Jordan lovers but we just saw why he is the best ever

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Looks like I'm going to be right especially if they break the Bulls single season win record and win the NBA title
    Your will never be right just like your losing the picks, lol.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273623

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I cant believe what I just watched. Sorry Jordan lovers but we just saw why he is the best ever
    best thing in the NBA ive ever seen

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Is he trying to start a record with half court shots

Guys fun to watch, can't play like Jordan played but can shoot better then Jordan shot, way I see it.
    Guys unreal, I mean what can you do.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    best thing in the NBA ive ever seen
    That's a strong statement Try, but in balance I agree

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Jordans height , defense , he would destroy Curry..
    Not saying Curry isn't the best thing going or greatest pure shooter if all time , he is.
    Best player of all time involves more than pure shooting
    Jordan hands down
    Look what Jordan went up against nightly vs Curry
    The current NBA overall is pure shit compared to back then IMO.
    And yes it's opinionated but I don't see me ever changing that thought of MJ Best Ever
    This also has a lot to do with age , how many ever seen Jordan in his prime ?
    Younger people have no concept how great he was .
    Last edited by Slipknot26; 02-27-16 at 11:09 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: existential

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

curry is phenomenal. when it's all said and done he could go down as a top 10 or 15 player ever.

but everyone is just enamored because he's doing something we haven't seen, swishing 3s from 30 feet out. ppl that really play basketball know jordan was way better. jordan could shut you down for a 5 minute stretch. anyone in the world. for 5 straight minutes of all out defense, you'd score 0 points, you couldn't cross the 3 pt line.

everything that's new and fresh makes us think it's the best. curry is no where near the defense or offensive force that jordan was.

you popping a boner after curry gets 50 once or twice, hits a few game winners. jordan was doing that shit weekly bro. weekly. literally. 50 points minimum once a week. over 40 almost every night.

jordan once told mugsy bogues in the playoffs: "shoot it, you fukking midget." mugsy airballed, and later in an interview, said that single shot ruined his entire career.

that's fukkin jordan.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    curry is phenomenal. when it's all said and done he could go down as a top 10 or 15 player ever.

but everyone is just enamored because he's doing something we haven't seen, swishing 3s from 30 feet out. ppl that really play basketball know jordan was way better. jordan could shut you down for a 5 minute stretch. anyone in the world. for 5 straight minutes of all out defense, you'd score 0 points, you couldn't cross the 3 pt line.

everything that's new and fresh makes us think it's the best. curry is no where near the defense or offensive force that jordan was.

you popping a boner after curry gets 50 once or twice, hits a few game winners. jordan was doing that shit weekly bro. weekly. literally. 50 points minimum once a week. over 40 almost every night.

jordan once told mugsy bogues in the playoffs: "shoot it, you fukking midget." mugsy airballed, and later in an interview, said that single shot ruined his entire career.

that's fukkin jordan.
    Jordan was serious, just a dominate guy, not like today I agree.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    Jordans height , defense , he would destroy Curry..
    Not saying Curry isn't the best thing going or greatest pure shooter if all time , he is.
    Best player of all time involves more than pure shooting
    Jordan hands down
    Look what Jordan went up against nightly vs Curry
    The current NBA overall is pure shit compared to back then IMO.
    And yes it's opinionated but I don't see me ever changing that thought of MJ Best Ever
    This also has a lot to do with age , how many never seen Jordan in his prime ?
    Younger people have no concept how great he was .
    Not true, the talent in the NBA after the jordan era has far exceeded anything during the jordan era. There were some great players during the jordan era, but a lot of the guys after the top 25 in the nba were not that good. there's way more quality well rounded athletes and skill players in today's game than there was in the 80s and 90s. look at some of the SGs jordan went against bro. garbage

but yeah, jordan is on another level. only person i put in the same breath as jordan is bryant. bryant in his prime was the best offensive player AND best defensive player in the WORLD. BOTH. For 6 years straight. Dropping 50 every night like it was nothing.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Goat you get it
    I grew up watching Jordan , Bird , Dominique, Magic , Rodman , Pippen, big name after big name .That Era would beat the piss outta this 100 out of 100 times.
    This game today , they would go home crying nightly if the NBA let'em play like back then . You went in the lane , you got laid ass out intentionally and be told too .
    Who's the NBA now ?
    Curry , LeBron which is aging , there's not players like there were back then .
    Many teams were loaded with talent and stars.
    Current NBA is watered down

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

I've never, ever seen someone shoot as well as Curry. Every time he shoots the ball, I expect it to go in, no matter where on the court. This guy is routinely hitting 35 footers like layups. I think he's like 60% from 3 the last 3 games. This is all on the road in opponents house. He is absolutely ridiculous. This guy doesn't go into shooting slumps. He's on fire every damn night. I hate seeing GS win but I have to bow down to greatness. The kid is simply amazing. I've been watching the NBA for 40 years and nothing like it.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

As some one just mention the quality of players left in the NBA has really deteriorated. He wouldn't had done this on that Detroit team that dominated all of the best offense in the NBA in 2004.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Slipknot26

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

There are a lot offensive talented guys in the NBA right now but Curry is the King of that hill so argue defense all you want but you can watch him vs. anyone and you will get the same result.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    Goat you get it
    I grew up watching Jordan , Bird , Dominique, Magic , Rodman , Pippen, big name after big name .That Era would beat the piss outta this 100 out of 100 times.
    This game today , they would go home crying nightly if the NBA let'em play like back then . You went in the lane , you got laid ass out intentionally and be told too .
    Who's the NBA now ?
    Curry , LeBron which is aging , there's not players like there were back then .
    Many teams were loaded with talent and stars.
    Current NBA is watered down
    I don't agree all the way to be honest slip. Take a guy like D Wade he'd destroy Scottie Pippen in both their primes 10 times out of 10. Take that Rockets team that won 2 rings. No one on that team could stop Curry. Kenny Smith would be crying. Hakeem would do whatever he wanted, drexler would get his, but as an overall team, this warriors team would destroy that rockets team.

look at the suns team that got to the finals. i heard someone say the other day on espn kevin johnson could be tougher to stop than curry. that's a joke. even damien lillard would light up kevin johnson, and lillard is not even a top 5 pg in the nba today. and johnson was considered top 3 at that time. that's saying a lot.

There are some shit teams out there, but the top tier teams are build much better than they were back then. No chance the suns team jordan faced would ever get by the warriors, cavs, spurs, or maybe even thunder and heat of today. no chance that portland team would either.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    As some one just mention the quality of players left in the NBA has really deteriorated. He wouldn't had done this on that Detroit team that dominated all of the best offense in the NBA in 2004.
    i'm from detroit and was at a lot of games from 2003- today. i'll tell you that steph curry would light up billups, lindsey hunter, mike james, prince....anyone on that pistons team you put on him, would get destroyed 100%.

that's the same pistons team that let lebron james score 27 straight points or some shit in 2006-2007 in the eastern conference finals which propelled him to the finals. he did that on a team by himself. mo williams was his second best player. pistons were same exact team that year. we got lucky because we dominated in the east during a time when lebron and d wade hadn't peaked. once lebron and d wade hit their primes, we were done bro....

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

lillard is not even a top 5 pg in the nba today.
    Name five that are better.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Name five that are better.
    These are in order, and imo there is no room for debate here.

1. Curry
    2. Paul
    3. Westbrook
    4. John Wall
    5. Kyle Lowry

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

These are in order, and imo there is no room for debate here.

1. Curry
    2. Paul
    3. Westbrook
    4. John Wall
    5. Kyle Lowry
    I would put Lillard ahead of Wall and Lowry.

And Curry shouldn't even count as a point guard, but that's fine.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I would put Lillard ahead of Wall and Lowry.

And Curry shouldn't even count as a point guard, but that's fine.
    Damien Lillard is better than John Wall? lol. Hit me up when lillard learns how to play defense. every elite pg goes for 30+ on him or like 14 dimes on him. every time. straight bum on defense.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    There are a lot offensive talented guys in the NBA right now but Curry is the King of that hill so argue defense all you want but you can watch him vs. anyone and you will get the same result.
    not really, especially not efficient ones

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

that's fukkin jordan.
    i love that story

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

that's fukkin jordan.
    Unreal

These days MJ would be hit with a technical and sent to Saturday feelings class

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Paul one of the only true point guards left in the league (would like to see him get a ring )

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Paul and Rondo

pilebuck13

Agree

pilebuck13

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2014/12/16/...-point-guards/

Actually add Parker lol I respect the glove here

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i would love to see curry drive the lane against the old pistons. he is good player but couldn't hold michael's jock!

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Are you really comparing 2 different eras with stats? Jordan played in the no offence era. I know you a curry team fan but he can't even tie Jordan's shoes. Curry was garbage in the finals last year.
    Not sure by what standards 26 5 & 6 is garbage?

Worse than what we expected, yes...garbage, uh no

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    not really, especially not efficient ones
    curry, westbrook, durant, klay thompson, kemba walker, lillard, demarcus cousins, paul george, chris paul, jamal crawford, anthony davis, james harden, lebron james, kevin love, kyrie irving, john wall, wade, LMA, ryan anderson, KAT, Pau Gasol, Vucecic, Wiggins, Rose, IT2, Lowry, Melo, Butler are all capable of dropping 35-40 on any given night, how many from your era pop?

edit: +derozan
    Last edited by Git Lo; 02-28-16 at 02:22 AM.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Jordan was the best overall but Steph is the best pure shooter I've ever seen

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14733

If they played a game of 1 on 1 tomorrow, I'd say Curry wins. JORDANS OLD.
    Besides that, there's no legitimacy in the argument that Curry is better than Jordan. ( in his prime)

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

i think this is a better discussion to have in 6 years or so. curry is only 27.
    Points Awarded:

DUBnation gave imadegen 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First 1234 Last