t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Why is Roy Hibbert still in the NBA?

And better yet what the hell were the Lakers thinking? Hibbert had his run 3 years ago with the Pacers when they nearly pulled off the upset of Miami but it's over for him. The guy flat out can't play anymore. I mean he literally brings nothing to the table. He's slow, he can't jump, he can't shoot anything outside of maybe a hook shot, and he can barely serve as a rim protector and even that he's not that good at doing.

On top of all that the league has gone small. Not sure what his contract is but I'd have to imagine he'll be out of the league soon.

One thing I'll always remember him for is his blocks on LeBron in the 2013 ECF.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

My guess is they got him as an attempt to show their fans they "tried" to be a decent team by getting a player who used to be relevant.

But yeah, it's over for him. My guess is he'll be picked up as a bench player next year and will probably end up falling out of the rotation at some point in the season.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117

Marcelo Huertas and Ryan Kelly would both have made the all star team if they got more minutes.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

If he keeps his mouth shut and is good in the locker room, we might be asking the same question in 6 years.

7 footers can HANG da FUKK around.

Kevin Willis, Parish, etc.

I swear I saw Willis in the 80s then he was on a bench in 2010 or so. LMAO.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

7 footers who can even tie their shoes usually have decently long careers just because their pretty hard to come by.

I can't recall who it was that said it but it was an NBA scout who said, "If you are 7 feet and breathing, i want to at least get a look at ya."

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

To constantly fk me on Laker overs is the only answer I come up with

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16179

While the Lakers traded for Hibbert the Spurs signed Euro FA Boban Marjanovic, cheaply. NBA games are won off the floor

popovitsch
    popovitsch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1389

i dont know. no offense, no defense, and most important NO EFFORT

Smoove
    howbow dah
    Smoove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Why is any of the Lakers players / coaches in the NBA? Their roster is shit but so is their effort.

LokcItUp
    LokcItUp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2524

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    And better yet what the hell were the Lakers thinking? Hibbert had his run 3 years ago with the Pacers when they nearly pulled off the upset of Miami but it's over for him. The guy flat out can't play anymore. I mean he literally brings nothing to the table. He's slow, he can't jump, he can't shoot anything outside of maybe a hook shot, and he can barely serve as a rim protector and even that he's not that good at doing.

On top of all that the league has gone small. Not sure what his contract is but I'd have to imagine he'll be out of the league soon.

One thing I'll always remember him for is his blocks on LeBron in the 2013 ECF.
    He is slow and lumbering on both ends. A complete liability. He tries hard and is a good teammate but he is terrible. I've watched the majority of Lakers games this year and I've come to the conclusion Hibbert gets minutes because they are tanking. When Hibbert and Kobe get minutes in the same game the Lakers are drawing dead.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13413

Probably the only player in the NBA you should be asking this question. I heard the commentator saying, I think during the laker/clipper game he just doesn't have game anymore.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Because he is paid to be there.