Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Wall and Westbrook are good 3 point shooters now? That's news to me.

Well, that's why one line has Lillard and the 3pt statement.
    Then on the next line it says possible wall/westbrook/lowry as other PG's, not listed on same line as 3pt shooter.
    oh well.

Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 864

Worse. And it ain't even close. Lebron is far too ball dominant for that motion offence, he would relegate other guys to clear spot up shooters and guys like klay and Livingston would NEVER get touches in the post like they currently do when they have a mismatch down low. Hell lebron doesn't even use Love properly because he wants to pound the ball and pad his stats.

Lebron is also overrated on defense and takes many possessions off this is due to his ball dominance forcing him to get rest on the other end. Lebron also has no off ball game and is a horrible shooter.

Curry is is by far the better player and has proven to also be a winner.

Lebron stans like the OP need to get over it. Lebron is probably the 2nd or third best player tho along with Kevin Durant.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Worse.

They already have a forward almost as good (or as good) as LeBron James his name is Draymond Green, so without Curry you have to go to war with Shaun Livingston, I'm sorry you ain't winning any titles with Livingston as your everyday point guard.

The question in disguise the OP is asking is "would you trade James for Curry straight up i if you were the Warriors?" and the answer is a resounding NO

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Green has a superior assist ratio 31.8% to 20.3%

Green and James have identical TS% - .576 to .575

• TS%: True Shooting Percentage - what a player's shooting percentage would be if we accounted for free throws and 3-pointers. True Shooting Percentage = Total points / [(FGA + (0.44 x FTA)]

They both pretty much have the same turnover ratio.

Two different forwards however, one is a shooting forward, the other a power forward.
    Of course James has the higher PPG average. Curry not Green is the teams scorer, not to mention Klay takes his shots too, so Jamss dwarfs him there, but Green is a border line elite forward.

Want to argue Leonard is almost as good as Lebron now?

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

worse.

I don't know how they did it, but this Golden State team as constructed is perfect for Curry to thrive. Shooters all over the court, Draymond pick and rolls so hard to defend, and the rest of the team can pick him up on defense.

Good luck to the Spurs. Your best two offensive players are getting Iggy and Draymond in the playoffs.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Green has a superior assist ratio 31.8% to 20.3%

Green and James have identical TS% - .576 to .575

• TS%: True Shooting Percentage - what a player's shooting percentage would be if we accounted for free throws and 3-pointers. True Shooting Percentage = Total points / [(FGA + (0.44 x FTA)]

They both pretty much have the same turnover ratio.

Two different forwards however, one is a shooting forward, the other a power forward.
    Of course James has the higher PPG average. Curry not Green is the teams scorer, not to mention Klay takes his shots too, so Jamss dwarfs him there, but Green is a border line elite forward.

Want to argue Leonard is almost as good as Lebron now?
    Those stats are completely irrelevant. Without lebron cleveland is a boardline playoff team. Without green golden state is still legit. Lebron is going to go down as a top 5 all time player. Green won't sniff hall of fame let alone top 5. Comparing a very good role player to a top 3 player in the league year in and year out and the best of the last 15 years is absurd.

stevenash

Draymond Green is a role player?
    Really?
    He's the starting power forward for the defending world champions.
    Role player - yeah, his role is to rebound 10 times a game, set pick and roles. He's a breathing double/double.
    9.5 rebounds a game. 15 points a game, steals like a thief, oh yeah, best defensive forward in the game, him and Leonard.
    Speaking of Leonard, Leonard out played him earlier this month. James gets another chance at home tonight against a NBA elite defender.
    Green went for 16 points / 10 assists / 7 rebounds against Cavs and James and played all world defense as usual.
    What kind of role playing power forward gets 10 assists against James team?

Lebron doesn't win two rings without Bosh and Wade by the way, will not go down in the top 5 of all time, Russell and Jordan and six or so others had better lifetime careers.

a) Green is not a role player
    b) San Antonio or Clips win the West last year without Green playing PF.
    Without Green, GS is not legit, you replace him with a Thad Young type forward GS ain't winning.
    c) Lebron in not a top five greatest of all time,

Personally I think James comes out strong tonight, he knows Leonard made him look mortal last time out.
    Leonard lets opposing forwards know you are in a big boy game.
    Should be fun game.

Peace

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Worse offensively, better defensively... Curry is an improved defender in that he doesn't get torched but he doesn't lock down guys like LeBron can.

They'd probably be better in the regular season with Curry and better in the playoffs with LeBron.
    Wow. Huge call to say that Lebron would make them better? Curry is the perfect perfect fit for that team. They don't need any more forwards, and Lebron (despite being an excellent point forward) is certainly not a point guard.

Also any guard that averages over 2 steals per game (Curry) is not just improved, they are an elite on-ball defender...

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Green is a beast & Thompson is an elite shooter (wouldn't call him a star), however without Curry I would expect the Warriors to be battling for the 7th-8th seed in the West.

The MVP award is more of a popularity contest & often doesn't go to the actual most valuable player in the league (per the definition of the phrase as it relates to basketball), but it's hard to argue that there is a player who is actually more valuable to their team than Curry is at this point in time...

stevenash

Take a look at the GSW game right now.
    They are up 73-54 at the half.
    Draynond already has a double double.

10 points 10 rebounds 6 assists!
    AT THE HALF!!

are you kidding me?

Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 864

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Those stats are completely irrelevant. Without lebron cleveland is a boardline playoff team. Without green golden state is still legit. Lebron is going to go down as a top 5 all time player. Green won't sniff hall of fame let alone top 5. Comparing a very good role player to a top 3 player in the league year in and year out and the best of the last 15 years is absurd.
    Lol at acting like Lebron is top 5. Even in the last 15 years Duncan has had a better career than him. You can also argue shaq and Kobe have had better careers.

stevenash

Hakeem too
    top 5 career

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Wow. Huge call to say that Lebron would make them better? Curry is the perfect perfect fit for that team. They don't need any more forwards, and Lebron (despite being an excellent point forward) is certainly not a point guard.

Also any guard that averages over 2 steals per game (Curry) is not just improved, they are an elite on-ball defender...
    Come on man you can't say getting steals makes you an elite defender. In that case is Monta Ellis an elite defender? Averages nearly 2 steals per game for his career.

I did say they're probably a better regular season team with Curry. And yes he does fit their system great. But did you think the Warriors looked that good in the playoffs last year? They played banged up teams and still looked very mortal at times. How many signature games did Steph really have in the playoffs? I think with "playoff" LeBron their defense come playoff time would go from very good to borderline ridiculous and they'd still have more than enough offense. LeBron would thrive with that offense and floor spacing. He didn't guard as well in the playoffs last year because he had to play 45 minutes per game and handle the ball on every single offensive possession. With the Warriors depth he could conserve his energy much better.

There's no questioning Curry adds a unique dimension to that team, and I certainly could be wrong. Just my opinion. We'll certainly learn more about how good this team is come playoff time this year. I do hope they play both the Spurs and the Thunder, but the way things look right now they'll probably play only 1 of the 2. The Spurs are not out of it though, and they have a scheduling advantage as the Dubs will come to San An playing a back to back both times.
    Points Awarded:

sando gave Seto 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Nice job there in the 4th quarter vs. the 6ers

stevenash

Draymond Green 9 assists, one assist away from a triple double.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

7 Turnovers too, though.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    7 Turnovers too, though.
    Uncharacteristic.
    Too many touches I suppose.

If I didn't know better I'd cry point shaving the last 10 minutes.

Knicks tomorrow, I was checking out tickets at the Garden.
    800 for a pair of nosebleeds behind the basket upstairs, Spike Lee floor seat, wait for it, wait for it, 10,000 dollars.'

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Off night. Bad team. No energy, and no intensity by GS. It happens

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

A lot worse

First 12