sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Andre Drummond

Most exciting big man since Shaq!

Biggest big man in the league at 279 lbs (bulk not height) - yet so athletic.

Can finish at the rim like a guard, yet too strong in the post for almost every centre.

Easily the best big man in the league.

1. Drummond
    2. Cousins
    3. Monroe
    4. Whiteside

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I think Pekovic is the biggest unless he lost weight

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

If he could make his free throws, he'd be unstoppable.

Since he can't, I'll still take Cousins over him.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

hes a daily fantasy beast

him and cousins

too bad i cant pick the rest of my team correctly

sando

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    I think Pekovic is the biggest unless he lost weight
    Ah yes, the Serbian monster. I forgot about him because he's been busted for ages...

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    If he could make his free throws, he'd be unstoppable.

Since he can't, I'll still take Cousins over him.
    Giant you are right, but I think the NBA will finally rescind this stupid hack-a-shaq rule in the off season, which will make big man ft %'s far less relevant...

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Giant you are right, but I think the NBA will finally rescind this stupid hack-a-shaq rule in the off season, which will make big man ft %'s far less relevant...
    What makes you think that?

I don't think it'll happen. I'm not even sure they should. It's an interesting argument, and I could make cases for both sides. In Drummond's case, he probably would be the most dominant big man since Shaq if there was an amendment made. Hard to believe the guy is still only 22.

sando

What makes you think that?

I don't think it'll happen. I'm not even sure they should. It's an interesting argument, and I could make cases for both sides. In Drummond's case, he probably would be the most dominant big man since Shaq if there was an amendment made. Hard to believe the guy is still only 22.
    Just a gut feeling based on crowd reactions (severe booing) to this hack-a-shaq stuff from games I've watched this season.

I've seen Doc Rivers start the tactic as early as the 1st quarter in some games, and Terry Stotts can be bad as well. One game this season the Blazers were down by 15+ and he employed the tactic from mid 4th quarter all the way down to 2 minute mark. Was so painful to watch...

NBA is a billion dollar industry and if I understand things correctly, entertainment is far more important than pure basketball?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I can see both sides. I lean toward the side that says if you can't make a FT, it should be able to be exploited. If they made a rule that made hack a bad free thrower untenable I'd live with it though.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Slight lean towards Cous, but yeah Drummond is a force.
    If Whiteside played a little smarter, you can lump in with those two, but right now he commits too many silly fouls.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Just a gut feeling based on crowd reactions (severe booing) to this hack-a-shaq stuff from games I've watched this season.

I've seen Doc Rivers start the tactic as early as the 1st quarter in some games, and Terry Stotts can be bad as well. One game this season the Blazers were down by 15+ and he employed the tactic from mid 4th quarter all the way down to 2 minute mark. Was so painful to watch...

NBA is a billion dollar industry and if I understand things correctly, entertainment is far more important than pure basketball?
    Midway through the fourth quarter is nothing. Gregg Popovich has been known to do it early and often. He loves doing it to the Clippers and DeAndre Jordan.

I agree basketball should be entertaining, but there also needs to be some fundamental play involved. Some of these guys are making $20 million a year, and shooting 40% from the stripe. I'm sorry, but that's just unacceptable, and they shouldn't get bailed out due to some new law. I realize some guys can't do it, but some guys won't even try shooting underhand. Too worried about looking non-manly. Rick Barry says he could train any NBA player to shoot at least 75%. I say we get some of these big dopes into a Rick Barry camp during the off-season.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Midway through the fourth quarter is nothing. Gregg Popovich has been known to do it early and often. He loves doing it to the Clippers and DeAndre Jordan.

I agree basketball should be entertaining, but there also needs to be some fundamental play involved. Some of these guys are making $20 million a year, and shooting 40% from the stripe. I'm sorry, but that's just unacceptable, and they shouldn't get bailed out due to some new law. I realize some guys can't do it, but some guys won't even try shooting underhand. Too worried about looking non-manly. Rick Barry says he could train any NBA player to shoot at least 75%. I say we get some of these big dopes into a Rick Barry camp during the off-season.
    No way. Shooting FT's underhanded is far more difficult. Just cuz it worked for him doesn't make it easier.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

You get a lot more bounces if you can get it up on the rim underhanded, but still no way anyone could make 75%.