jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mark Jackson Says Curry Hurting Game Of Basketball

Mark your a fukkin jerkoff and bitter...lol as soon as you left GSW went to the top
    Go fuk yourself

Curry's old coach with the Warriors, ABC analyst Mark Jackson, however, declared during the network's telecast of Friday's game that the sharpshooting guard is "hurting" the sport of basketball.

"Understand what I'm saying when I say this. He's hurting the game," Jackson said. "And what I mean by that is that I go into these high school gyms, I watch these kids, and the first thing they do is they run to the 3-point line. You are not Steph Curry. Work on the other aspects of the game."
    Curry chuckled at Jackson's comments but also seemed confused by them.
    "I have to talk to him," Curry told Yahoo Sports. "I don't know what he means by that. If you can shoot, shoot. If you can't, stop."
    Warriors center Andrew Bogut, who also played under Jackson, didn't appreciate his former coach's remarks.
    "Anything he says, you can take that with a grain of salt," Bogut said. "And you can quote me on that."

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19297

It is the game in general. Fast break - 2 on 1 - pull up and shoot a 3 is bad basketball. You know how young kids should throw curve balls, etc. Young kids - all the way up until 16-17 do not have the range to shoot a 3 without it being a set shot. A set shot is garbage when you get to upper echelon high school and college.

Set shooting creates one dimensional players - that is all they can do is shoot a set shot when the ball is given to them when nobody is guarding them. They don't learn to create for themselves and pretty soon that is all they can do.

So, I agree with Mark Jackson - cranking threes - is a bad way to learn the game. Win by the three - lose by the threes if you are not making them - can you do anything else - if not on a bad day - you could lose 82-10???

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Curry is right, if you can shoot then you shoot, if you can't shoot work on other aspects of the game... The splash bro's just won the title shooting the ball mainly from 3 point range.....

Curry does drive to the hole alot as well by the way Mark Jackson..

jjgold

Currr is an all around great player now

driving
    passing
    shooting

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

I heard this too and immediately thought what the hell is he talking about? Mark Jackson's an idiot. This trend started as soon as they drew that stripe back there, back to the late 80s early 90s. Even title teams with great big men in the past 25 years (Akeem, Shaq, Duncan in his prime) heavily utilized the 3 in their winning strategies.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mark your a fukkin jerkoff and bitter...lol as soon as you left GSW went to the top
    Go fuk yourself

Curry's old coach with the Warriors, ABC analyst Mark Jackson, however, declared during the network's telecast of Friday's game that the sharpshooting guard is "hurting" the sport of basketball.

"Understand what I'm saying when I say this. He's hurting the game," Jackson said. "And what I mean by that is that I go into these high school gyms, I watch these kids, and the first thing they do is they run to the 3-point line. You are not Steph Curry. Work on the other aspects of the game."
    Curry chuckled at Jackson's comments but also seemed confused by them.
    "I have to talk to him," Curry told Yahoo Sports. "I don't know what he means by that. If you can shoot, shoot. If you can't, stop."
    Warriors center Andrew Bogut, who also played under Jackson, didn't appreciate his former coach's remarks.
    "Anything he says, you can take that with a grain of salt," Bogut said. "And you can quote me on that."
    One of your worst posts ever and I was too tired to read the entire thing. Mark Jackson only meant that Steph Curry comment as a compliment. If anything, he made this team a winner before Kerr. I mean, Luke Walton is doing Kerr's job. Doesn't matter who's running the ship. Luke is good with substitutions, but I could coach this team and they would have 1 loss. You're looking to stir up something that isn't there.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Yep, it was a compliment. He basically said that Curry is changing the way young kids are playing the game all over the world.

People always want to find a reason to be mad about something. Damn, cover your vaginas.

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    One of your worst posts ever and I was too tired to read the entire thing. Mark Jackson only meant that Steph Curry comment as a compliment. If anything, he made this team a winner before Kerr. I mean, Luke Walton is doing Kerr's job. Doesn't matter who's running the ship. Luke is good with substitutions, but I could coach this team and they would have 1 loss. You're looking to stir up something that isn't there.
    Mark Jackson was awful. They were never in the top 10 in offensive efficiency. They were ok on defense, I'll give him that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ebe

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'd still take Mark Jackson over the current coach Byron Scott here in Laker Land.... Worst after game interviews and really just not that cerebral of a coach.. Seen him make stupid coaching decisions time after time, he really doesn't even care about losing anymore either.. Kisses Kobe's ass constantly and refuses to remove him from games even though he's blowing the games up shooting brick after brick and not getting other players involved...

Kobe has been playing better of late but that doesn't excuse him from not being pulled and benched in earlier games this year..

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Its the same that has always happened, sure kids are chucking from the free point line like Curry, but its the same as men kids were devolving into chucking 20 foot shots beacuse they saw Jordan and kobe doing it.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

Mark is right. Curry should be fined for hurting the game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They said the same thing about Larry bird

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Yep, it was a compliment. He basically said that Curry is changing the way young kids are playing the game all over the world.

People always want to find a reason to be mad about something. Damn, cover your vaginas.
    I re-read it thinking the same thing and it's not a complement. He should have never used the phrase "hurting the game".

Mark Jackson really didn't think this out.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10373

Did you even hear the whole thing or is this just a copy and paste job? Guy made one of the truest and most valid statements every kid should hear. What happens next, everyone takes the first 5 words and makes it all about that. Gotta love journalism.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Dr. J hurt the game with dunks with this bummfukk theory

jjgold

Mark is very bitter since he got fired by Warriors

He tried to be a tough guy there and got fired

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    Its the same that has always happened, sure kids are chucking from the free point line like Curry, but its the same as men kids were devolving into chucking 20 foot shots beacuse they saw Jordan and kobe doing it.
    Where's the Free Point Line? Sounds like a real high-percentage shot.

Curry sparks enthusiasm in the 99% of kids worldwide that will never be super tall. That alone is great for basketball.

And I have a real hard time believing that kids are just blatantly ignoring coaching and heaving 3s left and right in games just because Steph Curry can do it. Maybe in warm-ups, but makes no sense otherwise.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Mark is right. Curry should be fined for hurting the game.
    Lol

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273623

Mark Jackson LOL what a fool

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The only thing Curry is hurting is other teams when he plays against them.. Best player in the league right now and you can't hate on that.. He probably wins MVP this year..

new era

Mark Jackson sounds like an idiot and someone who (ironically) ignores coaching. Its up to coaches to teach kids how to play. Anyone can shoot 3s, but if they can't make them then the coach should tell them to stop. Mark Jackson makes it sound like Curry invented the 3 pt shot.

trobin31

The whole point was not that Curry is hurting the game. The point was ppl don't recognize the hard work on the fundamentals led to Currys greatness. His point was ppl don't realize Steph ISN'T just running out to 3pt line, there is hours of ball handling practice, 100's of practice shots daily go into it. Why are ppl taking one sentence and using it to characterize his statement?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

When an announcer makes and imbecile remark like that... why isn't he fined and suspended without pay?

We as viewers have to hear something that's so remarkably false?

I'm dead serious. He should be suspended.

new era

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    The whole point was not that Curry is hurting the game. The point was ppl don't recognize the hard work on the fundamentals led to Currys greatness. His point was ppl don't realize Steph ISN'T just running out to 3pt line, there is hours of ball handling practice, 100's of practice shots daily go into it. Why are ppl taking one sentence and using it to characterize his statement?
    So what? Why even bother with the "hes hurting the game" line. Does he think that coaches at any level are just going to let players take 3 pointers like Steph? Did Vince Carter hurt the game when kids tried to imitate him? Mark Jackson speaks like someone who doesn't understand good coaching.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

black on black crime lol

jackson couldn't hold curry's jock

new era

I go into these hs gyms, I watch these kids and the first thing they do is they run to the 3-point line. You are not Steph Curry. Work on the other aspects of the game.

Look I just made the exact same point as Mark Jackson without looking like a complete bitter bum. "Hes hurting the game" was completely unnecessary.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Maravich hurt the game with all dat useless razzle ma dazzle that the coloreds imitated

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Wow, Mark Jackson is an asshole.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol mark jackson. dumb as a fukking rock. how the hell is curry hurting the game? he's actually revolutionizing the game.

yes kids are forcing 3s they shouldn't but if they actually played in organized basketball, they'd get benched if they keep on forcing 3s.

how does a former coach of a professional basketball team and an nba commentator say stupid shit like that?

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

FK MARK JACKSON and the horse he road in on. Lets say we should hate all the NBA HOF players too !! Just like Barley saying no jump shot team can win the NBA championship. If it were not for sports those two idiots would be broke. calling these guys jealous- Barkley travelled team to team trying to ride someones coat tail to a championship--- guess what-nada. gl all.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

All he's saying is that the young kids are only working on their 3 point and long range shooting, he feels that makes them lack the ability to handle, play defense and assist. Even though Curry does all those other things, that's not what is being emulated by the young kids coming up. Actually, its a pretty brave thing to say, and I would imagine it has some merit. The only mistake, in my opinion, is starting it as Curry is hurting the game. Its an incendiary way to put it, but that's Mark Jackson's style.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    All he's saying is that the young kids are only working on their 3 point and long range shooting, he feels that makes them lack the ability to handle, play defense and assist. Even though Curry does all those other things, that's not what is being emulated by the young kids coming up. Actually, its a pretty brave thing to say, and I would imagine it has some merit. The only mistake, in my opinion, is starting it as Curry is hurting the game. Its an incendiary way to put it, but that's Mark Jackson's style.
    well put

but the kids that have the talent and height.....

they will get into programs mostly at a young age, some maybe as late as college where good coaches will get them straight.

but yeah if I go to a 6th grade basketball game, I might be infuriated by the fact that 4'11 kids are chucking up 3's every other possesion

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You know who is hurting the game? Deandre Jordan and his 30% free throw shooting percentage.

trobin31

Name:  aXYwuHf.gif
Views: 320
Size:  962.1 KB

Mila Kunis not hurting the game

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You know who is hurting the game? Deandre Jordan and his 30% free throw shooting percentage.
    Yeah that's horrible, some of these spastics make Shaq look like Steve Nash from the charity stripe,

BUT, you know what's really horrible...

Fuk headed coaches like Terry Stotts & Doc Rivers who start off the ball fouling guys like DJ in the 1st farking quarter.

12 Last