DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Scottie Pippen: 'I was LeBron James before LeBron James'

Forget the Michael Jordan and LeBron James debate. Start discussing Scottie Pippen vs. James.

At least, that's what we think Pippen means. The man who played alongside Jordan and won six NBA championships told Cleveland.com his feelings on the matter.

"I was LeBron James before LeBron James," he said. "It's not even close."

Scottie Pippen (Getty Images)

Sure you were, Scottie. Pippen did go on to explain what he meant.

"They want to compare (James) to the greatest, whether it be Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson, but he's more closer to myself," he said. "It's natural for folks to say that, but if you look at how he plays the game and how I played the game, you'll see more similarities with us."

When people make comparisons about James and other NBA greats, Pippen's name typically isn't brought up. James is a higher scorer than Pippen (he already has more career points despite fewer career games) and dishes out more assists (James has more career assists).

Pippen was great, there's no debating that — but it's tough to argue anyone was LeBron James before LeBron James.
    Scottie, you were a good player, but come on.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

how is that possible?

MJ was Batman

Pippen was Robin.

Pippen was not an alpha male like Lebron.

pinchegringo
    Update your status
    pinchegringo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4605

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    MJ was Batman

Pippen was Robin.
    I really cant believe the LBJ trolls havent been jumping all over that connection.

But ignoring that if you look at playing styles Pippen and LBJ have a lot more in common than MJ and LBJ imo.

Both guarded 1-4 and if you took Pippens offensive skill set and made it a lot better you have the same player.

I still think Big O and Magic are better comparisons though.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Points Awarded:

mikewlgm gave Roadtrip635 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikewlgm

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What Pippen means is Pippen was the boost to Michael Jordan the same way Lebron was a boost to Wade in Miami.

Remember Lebron won nothing by himself. Only when surrounded with better talent than him he won.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I've been saying this for years.

LeBron looks like he modeled his game after Scotties. Point-Forward that simply stacks the stat sheet in many areas. Defensive hound. Team first mentality. Skill-sets even.

That said, Scottie in his prime - while an outstanding player, was never as good as LeBron in his prime.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Have heard through sources that Scottie Pippen is a d1ck in a personal setting. This just confirms it.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Pippen Washed up. Trying to remain relevant.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i can't respect a millionaire that doesn't tip.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I am a life long Bulls fan and I think Scottie Pippen is a moron. I couldn't believe it when the stupid league named him as one of the top 50 players of all time. Michael Jordan made Scottie Pippen.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Well Lebron also a bad tipper so they have that in common.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Scottie a broke fuk loser

Jealous guy

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Never ceases to amaze me what a fukkin clown some of these guys are.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    i can't respect a millionaire that doesn't tip.
    That's why he is a millionaire 20 years after he retired. He doesn't burn his money on tips. Something a lot of you can learn from Scottie.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    That's why he is a millionaire 20 years after he retired. He doesn't burn his money on tips. Something a lot of you can learn from Scottie.
    I hope you're joking.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

scottie's broke? maybe that's why he doesn't tip. but lebron? really? he doesn't tip? what a cheap fukker.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    looks like scottie is broke. bad investments.

DiggityDaggityDo

TOP TEN CHEAPEST CELEBRITY TIPPERS

10. Rachael Ray shows up on quite a few lists of measly tippers. "Tipped $1 on a $10 tab" according to List of the Day, which also accuses her of "promoting less than a 20% tip on a show that millions of people watch!" Rachael might have to rename her series of $40 a Day books $40 a Day -- Not Including Gratuities.

9. Bill Cosby is ranked #6 on Glamorati's list of 34 notoriously bad tippers, and the Cos makes it onto just about every other list too. He is said to have once left a $3 tip on a $350 order. This from a man who preaches about the importance of setting a good example.

8. Sean Penn and three others had "New Orleans waiters waiting on them hand and foot. The tip left on a $450 tab? Absolutely nothing. There are lots of instances of Sean Penn stiffing waitstaff," Glamorati reports. He takes the number three spot on the Frisky's compilation of measly stars as well. Of course Penn was in N.O. helping out poor people, so let's at least acknowledge he's generous with his time, if not his money.

7. Mariah Carey is said to have kept a restaurant open late with a very large party. Glamorati, getting its info from the New York Post, wrote, "Mariah and crew were very diva-ish with their demands. Despite keeping staffers jumping and a high tab, no one left a tip."

6. Usher is consistently cited as one of the worst tippers, including the Stained Apron's 44 tipping "sinners" and the number five spot on the Frisky. "Always tries to get someone else to pick up the bill," reports glamorati.com. More damning is the oft-repeated tale of Usher having once left his autograph as a tip.

5. Jeremy Piven, according to Zimbio, showed up at Nobu in Aspen with a party of 12 -- without a reservation. After being seated and served, Piven reportedly told the manager: "Thanks for nothing," and left a signed EntourageDVD as the tip -- which is at least a bit more generous than an autograph. According to the story, a Nobu employee hurled the box at Piven as he was leaving, and Piven was banned from ever returning to Nobu. Sounds like something Ari Gold, his Entourage character, might do. The alleged act earned Piven the number one "worst tipper" on Zimbio's list of ten worst tippers, number two on thefrisky.com, and at or near the top on most others. We would have placed him higher, but he doesn't make as much money as most folks on this list, and it's just one incident.

4. LeBron James comes in at number four on thefrisky.com's list, and perhaps for good reason. Seems he once made a Cleveland steak house stay open until 4 in the morning so he could finish his feast. The bill: $800. The tip: $10. Obviously LeBron is waiting to win a championship and use the windfall for tipping.

3. Barbra Streisand is mentioned again and again for being a cheap tipper as well as a rude and demanding customer. Glamorati says, "Doesn't always tip." Thefrisky.com notes that at a New York restaurant, Babs once "left a $10 tip for a $457 tab." That's not so funny, girl.

2. Madonna: It's just like the old days: Madonna comes in number one on chart after chart. Glamorati in 2008 named Madonna numero uno in its list of the 34 stingiest celebs. "Doesn't always leave a tip, and when she does it's a cheap one." A year later, List of the Day put her atop its cheapster listing and reported that she and then-husband Guy Ritchie left an $18 tip on a $400 tab (Madonna's worth, incidentally, is estimated to be in the hundreds of millions). Madge is also the cover girl for bad tippers at thefrisky.com, nabbed the number five spot on zimbio.com's list of worst tippers, and also appears onLoveToKnow's survey as well.

1. Tiger Woods came in number four on Zimbio's scrooge compilation and was cited on every single list. The reason he doesn't tip: The man worth more than $500 million says it's because he never carries cash. The Frisky reports Tiger dated "a gal in Las Vegas who had to tip for him whenever they went out." And according to List of the Day, Tiger once "pulled a mulligan on a $5 tip, repocketing the money meant for a waitress after realizing he had tipped her earlier in the evening. He was possibly distracted by the $10,000 hand of blackjack he was playing." Hey, Tiger, we have a tip for you: When it comes to leaving money for those who are serving you, just do it.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

most of on the list aren't just rich, they're ultra rich. fukking scums...

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

1 person in this entire thread gets it and put Pippens comments into proper context....wow lol.Kudos to Chalky Dog

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

History will judge. Scottie has 6 rings. Lebron 2.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I've been saying this for years.

LeBron looks like he modeled his game after Scotties. Point-Forward that simply stacks the stat sheet in many areas. Defensive hound. Team first mentality. Skill-sets even.

That said, Scottie in his prime - while an outstanding player, was never as good as LeBron in his prime.
    EXCEPT on defense

Pippen defense > Lebron defense

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

is it any surprise most of the people on that tip list are general assholes.

and countless years in the food service industry and any server will tell you, black people suck at tipping. generalizing yes, but true

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    is it any surprise most of the people on that tip list are general assholes.

and countless years in the food service industry and any server will tell you, black people suck at tipping. generalizing yes, but true
    No you are not generalizing when 6 people on the list are white and one is only 1/2 black.

DiggityDaggityDo

Here is a list of a few good tippers.

Dr. Dre just became the richest man in hip-hop—and he's spreading his good fortune around. Last week, the rapper was partying at West Hollywood's Mondrian Hotel, and when he left, he gave his waitress a $5,000 tip. "She was stunned," a source tells Radar. He joins the ranks of these dozen other big celeb tippers:

• Earlier this month, Charlize Theron got Pinkberry in Hollywood, but didn't have cash to pay her $3.75 bill and promised to return. She came back more than an hour later ... and gave the employee a $100 bill, letting her keep the change.

• Last year in a Philadelphia restaurant, Taylor Swift not only left a $500 tip—she also gave the head chef two tickets to her show the next night for his son, a big Swift fan.

• Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and their kids ordered $1,000 worth of food at a Japanese restaurant in Berlin last year—nearly everything on the menu—and then left a $846 tip.

• In 2011, Jessica Simpson tipped 60% on a $500 restaurant bill at Lavo in New York, and also left her waitress a note telling her she makes the world "a better place,".

• At a Welsh pub in 2009, Russell Crowe left a $1,000 tip on a $400 tab—and played an impromptu set with his band.

• When Conan O'Brien interviewed him earlier this year,Charles Barkley confirmed the longstanding rumor that he is an amazing tipper, and even once tipped $25,000 after winning $700,000 playing blackjack. "I probably should have tipped more, to be honest with you," he said.

• Jay Z once spent $250,000 on champagne at a Miami nightclub and then left a $50,000 tip.

• You might not expect it, but Paris Hilton is reportedly a great tipper, always generous with wait staff, manicurists, valets, and drivers.

• In 2008, David Beckham was out celebrating with teammates—all he drank was mineral water, and the bill only came to $100, but he left a $1,000 tip.

• Stained Apron keeps a running list, based on intel from servers, of good and bad celebrity tippers. On the nice list:Bill Murray, who reportedly once left an anonymous server a 120% tip on a $60 check.

• Johnny Depp ran up quite a bill at Gibson's steakhouse in Chicago in 2009, ordering a few $500 bottles of wine. At the end of the night, he left a $4,000 tip.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Have heard through sources that Scottie Pippen is a d1ck in a personal setting. This just confirms it.
    Confirmed. Meet him at espn sportsbar in disneyworld a few years ago. Guy is an arrogant prick.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Confirmed. Meet him at espn sportsbar in disneyworld a few years ago. Guy is an arrogant prick.
    Ha, I met him at a sportsbar in Atlanta several years ago. Same impression, guy was a dick.

Buddy of mine in college caddied a round of golf for Tiger and Jordan probably 13 years ago and said Jordan tipped 4 times what Woods did.

I waited on Champ and Boss Bailey and family in college and they did right. Probably helped that we had named our dogs champ and boss and there family got a kick out of it.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Am I the only person here that hasn't met Scottie Pippen?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

never understood why an athlete would be an asshole. i mean the ones that come up to them are usually fans that recognize them. why would you be an asshole to your fans? to paparazzis i can understand but why to fans? i guess if you're an asshole you will always be an asshole no matter what.

DiggityDaggityDo

The Giant I have not met him either, and it sounds like I would not want to meet him because he sounds like he is a dikk.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    The Giant I have not met him either, and it sounds like I would not want to meet him because he sounds like he is a dikk.
    I have more of a fat girl mindset.

I feel like I could change him.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I have more of a fat girl mindset.
    does this mean you fukk on the first date?

The Giant

Yes, while crying and telling her I love her.

DiggityDaggityDo

Yes. And The Giant gives great head too.

12 Last