smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Pacer fans maybe more than Knicks or certainly Cavs lol
    Pacers for sure. MJ did some serious damage like Lebron has done to Chicago.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

threw every defensive strategy at him? they played him 1 on 1...wing defenders never helped the entire game, bigs shifted over to prevent layups.

this is the only defensive strategy they employed.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15373

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    threw every defensive strategy at him? they played him 1 on 1...wing defenders never helped the entire game, bigs shifted over to prevent layups.

this is the only defensive strategy they employed.
    That's the difference with LeBron and Jordan. They threw everything at Jordan

On the afternoon of April 3, 1988, Jordan embarrassed Detroit by scoring 59 points in a nationally televised game that Chicago won 112-110. That wasn’t the first time Jordan had worn out the Pistons—he had gone for 49, 47, 61 and 49 against them during various games in previous seasons. But after the 59-point effort, Detroit coach Chuck Daly had seen enough. “We made up our minds right then and there that Michael Jordan was not going to beat us by himself again,” says Daly. “We had to commit to a total team concept to get it done.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jordan had a go one on five almost every night his entire career

If the Lebron wins tonight's game he goes ahead of Jordan but we all know they are not winning

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15373

Jordan Rules
    If Michael was at the point, we forced him left and doubled him. If he was on the left wing, we went immediately to a double team from the top. If he was on the right wing, we went to a slow double team. He could hurt you equally from either wing—hell, he could hurt you from the hot-dog stand—but we just wanted to vary the look. And if he was on the box, we doubled with a big guy.
    The other rule was, any time he went by you, you had to nail him. If he was coming off a screen, nail him. We didn't want to be dirty—I know some people thought we were—but we had to make contact and be very physical.

smoke a bowl

Raiders likes the old quotes.

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    They may take two out of three in Cleveland but all it takes is one off night from LeBron to sink them now. He's got to get help if they are to have a chance. Mozgov trade was a mistake, not worth a first rounder.
    Mozgov not worth a first rounder?.....dude, they're in the finals!
    Lmao!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Not trying to piss on MJ btw as it may seem. I watched his whole career (nba) and know exactly how legit he was. Just wish Bron haters gave him same respect and wised up while looking at whole picture and more variables. I was once a Jordan hater as well, actually could not stand the fukking ego maniac guy who helped elevate iso ball being a Magic guy myself.....but then I grew up and realized lol. Yeah Jordan's the shit no argument here and so is Bron. If sports betting has taught me anything it's leave your bias and heart at the door and use the head for thinking more!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pinchegringo

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Jordan did not have to go 1 on 5 his entire career. In fact he had quite a few guys around him to help. Two of which hit game winners in Finals to give him championships.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jordan had a go one on five almost every night his entire career

If the Lebron wins tonight's game he goes ahead of Jordan but we all know they are not winning

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Jordan Rules
    Thread winner.

Mods close this thread.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    Jordan did not have to go 1 on 5 his entire career. In fact he had quite a few guys around him to help. Two of which hit game winners in Finals to give him championships.
    No he didn't. No one guarded the others. It was 5 guys guarding Jordan.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Why close it Pavy? You have not entered in 1 fact that was true? Just another his airness nut licker living in 90's. Jordan was 6-0 in finals all tangibles and events surrounding it aside. Bron is already 2-3 so he will never equal that. But you still can't give Bron props and still feel threatened by his supremacy in today's gm somehow?!? That's what I don't get dumb as the 6-0 argument is you already won that almost a decade ago yet still hating? Buy some fools books and buy them books but they just eat the pages lol

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Jordan was NEVER guarded by 5 guys not even 3 lol. Jesus people are dumb! He invented electricity, and started Microsoft and has a cancer cure weeks away as well I'm sure you believe lol.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Not trying to piss on MJ btw as it may seem. I watched his whole career (nba) and know exactly how legit he was. Just wish Bron haters gave him same respect and wised up while looking at whole picture and more variables. I was once a Jordan hater as well, actually could not stand the fukking ego maniac guy who helped elevate iso ball being a Magic guy myself.....but then I grew up and realized lol. Yeah Jordan's the shit no argument here and so is Bron. If sports betting has taught me anything it's leave your bias and heart at the door and use the head for thinking more!
    Lebron has respect as the best player in the world today. MJ went through the same stuff when he took the torch from magic/bird. I remember they said the east was watered down then.... Christ, if it was watered down then, what would you call it today? Also plenty of rule changes from when MJ dominated making it easier on the offensive end in today's era.

Walulu

Obviously wrong and Jordan did not beat 5 guys. Thus he had help as evidenced by what I said and what happened. It's the whole point actually. If Paxson or Wennington doesn't sink a game winner then what? Who knows really but either way it was 5 on 5. Some double or even triple teams here or there throughout yes. That's when the ball is shared and the "roll players" stepped up. I watched the guy from UNC on and you won't find a bigger MJ backer than me. I'm realist though and appreciate greatness most of the time...hate F'ing Kobe. Ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    No he didn't. No one guarded the others. It was 5 guys guarding Jordan.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Where did wades chipmunk cheeks go? Just saw him on NBA pregame and its gone. 95% of these NBA guys are so fcked once ped testing begins next year

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

People actually think this dumbfukk lebron is as good as jordan. This isn't even up for debate. Jordan is in his own category.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Lebron has not yet lead a team to championship. His championships can from Wade leading the heat. He is no where in sight of jordan

Walulu

This? Wade lead the Heat. How so?
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Lebron has not yet lead a team to championship. His championships can from Wade leading the heat. He is no where in sight of jordan

pinchegringo
    Update your status
    pinchegringo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4605

I think the East being weak is LBJs greatest legacy.

All the players in the East either went west or joined his team, that is why the East has been decided by him 5 years running.

Just going to say it, LBJ is a better player, has been his entire career. Look at how his teams performed and what happened after they left and when he returned. There is no better indicator of how much better LBJ is as a basketball player than that.

MJ didnt have a winning team until he was 24 and in his 4th season, LBJ 20 and his 2nd. Leave CLE, they are the league worst, leave MIA they miss the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Jordan Rules
    Magic on MJ "don't get to close to Jordan or it's a foul"

They changed the rules to help MJ besides giving him preferential treatment. All the fouls you old timers usually bitch about being flagrants are because of MJ. The 3p line was moved which directly helped MJ and his bulls.

ALL THAT BEING SAID MJ IS HIGHER ON THE GOAT LIST and probably always will be, but those lists are for lunatics, including myself. And Kareem is the GOAT, and it isn't close. MJ probably wouldn't be on a roster today because of off court issues.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Wilt Chamberlain once picked up a 1961 Buick Skylark and held it above his head for 3 minutes.

pinchegringo
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Wilt Chamberlain once picked up a 1961 Buick Skylark and held it above his head for 3 minutes.
    Hahaha, I think he was the one of the first NBA player to use steroids.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

As predicted Delle stinking the joint up.

jjgold

I feel sorry for James the only way they could keep just close if he shoot every single shot as he is playing with college kids

pinchegringo
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    As predicted Delle stinking the joint up.
    Was just thinking that. Who said Della was as good as Kyrie or some thing nutty like that?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Excuses already starting for Lebron. He can't win if the back ups don't carry him.

jjgold

James is again a 1 man team

If he wins this game he PASSES JORDAN

pinchegringo
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    James is again a 1 man team

If he wins this game he PASSES JORDAN
    hard not to agree with that

LBJ 7-12
    Rest of Cavs 5-20

Klay going off too. Basically Klay and LBJ show right now.

pinchegringo
    Update your status

HOLY SHIT JONES JUST CREATED HIS OWN SHOT!!!! LBJ has no excuses, his help has arrived.

jjgold

James playing another tremendous game

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Must be hard carrying 4 other guys around on your shoulders, ain't no thing for LBJ.

pinchegringo
    Update your status

watching this game like...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  11.8 KB

jjgold

I would be in utter shock if Cleveland wins this game

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by pinchegringo View Post
    HOLY SHIT JONES JUST CREATED HIS OWN SHOT!!!! LBJ has no excuses, his help has arrived.
    LMFAO. What a joke.

First 12345 ... Last