thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

will the finals start early if both of these series end quick

i think i remember the heat and mavs starting early in 2011, they have been saying june 4th forever, but theres a realistic chance these series are both done tuesday or wednesday of next week would they really wait over a week to start this series

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The main goal the NBA has is to make sure that no game in the Finals ends up being on a Friday or Saturday night.

The only thing they care about is tv ratings.

Friday and Saturday nights are horrible for tv ratings.

I know it sucks bc ideally it would be fun to get drunk and watch it and not have to go to work the next day but oh well...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    The main goal the NBA has is to make sure that no game in the Finals ends up being on a Friday or Saturday night.

The only thing they care about is tv ratings.

Friday and Saturday nights are horrible for tv ratings.

I know it sucks bc ideally it would be fun to get drunk and watch it and not have to go to work the next day but oh well...
    game 7 is friday june 19th if they start on the 4th

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    game 7 is friday june 19th if they start on the 4th
    that is unique

i remember when Thunder played the Heat there was no Friday and Saturday games

thats good to hear

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Typically NBA Finals games are always Thursday Sunday and Tuesday... But yeah I think the past couple years they moved a potential game 7 to Friday to give teams an extra days' rest before game 7.

Throwawayaway
    Throwawayaway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

They will not start early because the Rockets and Warriors will go 6 or 7 games.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rockets definitely win two games

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Rockets definitely win two games
    definitely?

Throwawayaway
    Throwawayaway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by big bear View Post
    definitely?

lock of the century

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think the NBA will stick to the same scheduling. Just my opinion.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

June 4th etched in stone, doesn't matter even if both conference finals sweep.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    June 4th etched in stone, doesn't matter even if both conference finals sweep.
    Your right LT ABC tv calls the shots not the NBA and they already have everything in place and are not changing from their schedule or moving other programing to start early..ABC is all set to start June 4th with Jimmy Kimmel's pre game show until the final buzzer

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

With the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers each holding 3-0 leads in their respective conference finals, the NBA reportedly is exploring moving the start of the Finals.
    According to multiple reports, the NBA Finals might be moved up two days to June 2. If both series were to end in 4-0 series results, there would be an eight-day break between the final conference game and Game 1 of the Finals.
    But television commitments, hotel capacities, international media travel and other considerations make this change unlikely, according to CBS Sports.
    If both series were to be pushed to seven games -- as unlikely as that appears -- the Western Conference finals would end May 31 and the East would conclude on June 1, which would provide a two-day layoff until the first game of the Finals.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/n...om%3Afoxsports

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    With the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers each holding 3-0 leads in their respective conference finals, the NBA reportedly is exploring moving the start of the Finals.
    According to multiple reports, the NBA Finals might be moved up two days to June 2. If both series were to end in 4-0 series results, there would be an eight-day break between the final conference game and Game 1 of the Finals.
    But television commitments, hotel capacities, international media travel and other considerations make this change unlikely, according to CBS Sports.
    If both series were to be pushed to seven games -- as unlikely as that appears -- the Western Conference finals would end May 31 and the East would conclude on June 1, which would provide a two-day layoff until the first game of the Finals.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/n...om%3Afoxsports
    Won't happen for most of the reasons mentioned in the article. And most schedules I saw before the playoffs started emphasized "No Move Up" after the June 4th date.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Yup just what james needed. Warriors get rusty and go cold in the finals.