don logan
    don logan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don Logan Paces Himself for Memphis/Indy Rematch

Pacers +3 vs Memphis

As bad as Indy's looked the last few games, they've actually had impressive spurts in those games that brought them to within striking distance. Oddsmakers made a major adjustment to the point spread compared to only 2 weeks ago when Indy lost at Memphis. Oddsmakers basically throwing home court out the window, and I think they're overreacting. Tough to determine if Memphis is for real or how bad Indy is, but either way I think this game should be a pick, worst case. Taking the points at home with Indy, baby!!!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

I like this Don may get on this as well. Oddsmakers know know one wants to play pacers right now- bingo

don logan

gonna make up for Miami debacle....no distracting bikinis up in frozen Indy last I checked

landers781
    landers781's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Goodluck tonight Don

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Don, Would it be a concern that this is now the fourth game in five nights for the Pacers (Losing all 3 previous games)...
    Hawks 98-110 (H) SAT
    Heat 80-114 (A) SUN
    Bulls 95-104 (A) MON

S.K.M.
    S.K.M.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

I also like the home dog

don logan

Oddsmakers anticipate a reaction based on things like that and factor it into the line accordingly, imo. In fact, they probably overcompensate for stuff like that much of the time.

Something I've noticed when teams (particularly below average teams) play so many games close together, is that they seem to determine ahead of time which of those games they'll genuinely play to win and in which games they'll just make a "half-ass" attempt and conserve energy or whatever. Indy's last 3 games hav been tough matchups, but I'd put tonites game in category of one in which they can and need to win at home.

ijenpo
    ijenpo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3536

Like this play. Hope the pacers don't screw you over again.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Quote Originally Posted by don logan View Post
    Oddsmakers anticipate a reaction based on things like that and factor it into the line accordingly, imo. In fact, they probably overcompensate for stuff like that much of the time.

Something I've noticed when teams (particularly below average teams) play so many games close together, is that they seem to determine ahead of time which of those games they'll genuinely play to win and in which games they'll just make a "half-ass" attempt and conserve energy or whatever. Indy's last 3 games hav been tough matchups, but I'd put tonites game in category of one in which they can and need to win at home.

Thanks Don, You've convinced me !

don logan

Gonna toss a bet on USF +13 at Louisville. USF has looked good so far, and I think the number's bloated because it's the conference home opener. USF can keep this close, imo.

IllicitX
    IllicitX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 220

Troy Murphy is out for tonight's game. I see Zach Randolph & Marc Gasol pounding the paint.

jcljack25
    jcljack25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Tyler H playing, he was out last game with ear infection.

IllicitX
    IllicitX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 220

Marc Gasol crushing the paint.

ijenpo
    ijenpo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3536

don logan

bah....carbon copy of last 3 games, no defense and trailing by double digits all nite. Doesn't seem to matter who plays. Disappointing effort.